It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama can confiscate US privately owned guns.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato

They won't get the US under that TREATY because it would only apply to the areas that Washington D.C., that little 12 square mile area south west of New York ! It would not, cannot apply to the States as it would VIOLATE their Sovereignty and our 2nd Amendment.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well well...

The way I see it, and I'll be so bold as to go out on a limb and assume most American gun owners see it the same way, is this:

These yahoos can arbitrarily endow themselves with the "legal" power to confiscate our guns until the cows come home, the pigs fly away, and hell freezes over. That doesn't mean they can. Can indicating the actual ability to physically remove said guns from our possession.

It's kind of like making a law against gravity. You can make gravity illegal all you want, it's not going to make gravity go away.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink

Originally posted by ANNED
The joke is i have a small hobby machine shop.

They take my guns and i have been collecting the plans for making new guns.

The only thing about my collection of plans is most are for full auto weapons.

I can also make black powder cannons and have a couple of 2 inch ones already.
Load them with BBs and they are better then claymore mines.

I also have recipes for stuff that goes bang.

No worries i will share the plans and recipes with anyone if the time comes.

Well congratulations. You have just used every word that sets off flags for government monitors monitoring this site and the internet. It would be my strong suggestion that we refrained from talking about "things that go boom" and killing people on this site. Not only could it cause problems for the site and it's owners but it is also a good way to get yourself introduced to people from homeland security.
Just use some common sense.
Seeashrink

I never made any threats to the constitutional government of the US or anyone that did abide by the constitution of the US.
I also never threatened to kill anyone.

Its also not against the law to have knowledge and long as you do not use it illegally or against the constitutional government of the US.

Now since it would be a violation of the constitution If the US banned guns without a vote by the people and the UN has 0, nada, zip, rights to tell the people in the US they can not own guns or enforce a gun ban in the US.

Then i would not be making any threat against the constitutional US government or against any one in the US and there would be no reason for homeland security to worry. And they already know that i can make thing go boom because the US government trained me when i was in the military.
And they also gave me many explosive permits when i was mining business.

I also took a oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; both when i enlisted in the military and when i worked as a federal security officer.
en.wikipedia.org...

Being that i was a federal security officer i know just what is legal to say without making any threats against any lawful parties.

As for the UN let them come and try to take my guns..
There is no legal reason for the US people to abide by a law by a foreign power. That is unconstitutional and if the UN came into the US to take our guns that would be a invasion.
Also if the US government surrendered to the UN there is no provisions in the constitution that give the US government or any one in the US government the power to surrender.
Only the American people can surrender.

Are you going to surrender to a foreign power IE the UN.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Hey...I'm on your side and wish I had your talents. No...I'm not surrendering to anyone. I'm an Oath Keeper.
I just think that we should steer away from certain "hot button" words. I know the government already knows who I am and what I am about and probably the same for you. I just try not to bring any undue attention to myself and others. That's all. Another example; I belong to several survivalist forums. I think it is ignorant when people post photos of the guns that they have and all the survival gear they have.
I believe that many of us are on the radar, but I still want to give the TPTB every opportunity to just overlook me when the time comes.
Seeashrink
Edit to say: I love your signature line, I tell that to people all the time.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by seeashrink]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I absolutely agree with you. The human mind and the knowledge harbored within is THE most dangerous weapon. Scary what a little understanding of chemical reactions and physics can accomplish.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is ridiculous.
No treaty has Ever superceded the Constitution of The United States...However,under the Homeland Security Act..The President could suspend that and any other rights...It's called marshall law.This was enacted under the Cheney Administration...Uh I mean Bush...Ya know,the Party that is the historical biotch of the Military-Industrial Complex...
President Obama doesn 't want your weapons.Period.
If you want a real conspiracy...The Arms and ammo dealers,supported by the NRA(Many members of which,have stock in arms and ammo producers..)Have been spreading and supporting the paranoid delusion that President Obama would take away the guns and ammo...Even artificially creating a 'shortage' to stampede the weak minded into stockpiling ammo & guns....and it worked.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

You are being extremely short-sighted. The conservatives did the same thing in their last administration. They paved the road for the current events. And Clinton did it before. ANd Bush senior before. Did you miss that?

This is nothing to do with consevatives/libs, and everything to do with using these things to keep the people seperated and fighting amongst themselves.

It isnt new, as much as everyone wants to see it that way.

What do you not understand about the REPUGS NOT BEING CONSERVATIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WISE UP!!!!

Everyday crooks across America stand in front of a judge and plead innocent to a crime they know damn well they are guilty of. That doesn't make them guilty. That makes them liars and deceptive...just like crooks are. Their actions refute their claims of innocence. Every tree is known by its fruit!

The previous batch of repugs claimed to be Conservatives. Their actions spoke otherwise. Again, every tree is known by its fruit!

Also...

It has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH pROGS/CONSERVATIVES!!!!!! Conservatives DO NOT WANT TO TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHTS!!!!!!! pROGS DO WANT TO TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHTS...EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! They want complete and total control over every man, woman, and child!

The progressive scum hates the constitution. See my signature and research his posts. The progs have wanted to take away your guns for decades. It is how all totalitarian thugs operate. Our guns are the only thing that make them think twice about abusing us the way stalin and hitler abused their own citizenry. And they were social progressives as well (don't tell me I have to educate you on that now too.)

Wise Up!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Dreaming is nice eh?

If you had any of that experience,you would realise that the UN has no authority to surpass the constitution of the US.

The other poster was correct...you spewed a bunch of sketchy verbage there....Scary dude....I hope Any one good or bad does check on you....Youre way to ready to believe the worst and hurt people.seek therapy.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I had to draw my pistol once on someone, I strongly feel it saved my life. I am competent, responsible and most of all partially sane. So if I choose to carry around a loaded firearm that I have demonstrated can save lives most importantly my families and mine. I will. If the govt says I cant I still will. If I shoot and kill you it is because you deserved it. I am a responsible gun owner and no you can not have my guns.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is just one more thing that we all need (our weapons) because we will be powerless without them *IF* we need them (eg in the case of overthrowing the government *IF* it gets to that point...which is a constitutional right)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
What people don't understand is that the 2nd amendment was implemented because the people of that time used weapons for hunting in which to provide food, for safety of ones family, AND to defend ones country. Thats why the 2nd amendment was written.
For those of you uneducated folk, the 2nd amendment does give us the right to bear arms..Thus the reason its listed, its not some privililage that can be dictated by any one or group of ppl.
The liberals would have you believe guns are so bad, but if you take a loaded firearm and lay it on the table, does it kill someone? NO! Its an inanimate object! Now take that same weapon and put into the hands of an gang banger! Now what happens? yup you guessed it! Dead bodies hit the floor! So wouldnt it be safe to assume that guns dont kill people, but PEOPLE kill People?
Wake up and see through the lies! ALl the hate towards guns of any sort, is just liberal propaganda spewed into the minds of the innocent and faithful!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Who cares? What's up with this sick obsession with guns here in America? It's just a sign of a violent society, and a pretty scared one too. You don't think you can contain our government without the use of weapons? That's pretty sad.

I support an all out hand gun ban. We are the reason all of the countries that have banned hand guns keep having gun violence. We are the leader in arms shipment, including guns on the black market.

Banning guns has failed miserably in Japan, Australia, and Canada. People find ways too kill.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You posted a whole thread on the Constitution recently. It was quite good. But you seem to think it's a menu, and you seem to be unaware of how our second amendment came to be.

You cannot curtail violence of any kind by banning any kind of weapon. You can only do that by honest education.

Speaking of which, read up on the compromise between the federalists and the anti-federalists in 1789 which brought about the 2nd. Our right to bear arms is not about hunting it is about protecting ourselves from a standing Army, and every day we see more and more reason to hold on to this most valuable right. You seem to think that We as a People are some sort of gun fetishists(and there may be some truth to that) but I assure you our rights have a history going back 3000 years. It is a culmination of philosophical evolution that you need to be aware of.

California has a ban on nearly every weapon out there and they have the worst crimes involving firearms. Bans don't help anything, education does.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
There is no need to insult your opponents intelligence just because you disagree.
Maintain civility folks.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Unfortunately for Obama, as much as he wishes it, he is not the ultimate authority, though he makes claims as such, his siging anything in the UN really has no power over the American people until it is ratified by the Congress, nice try and as much as he tries to stomp on the Consitution this will not happen.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Your mind is your most powerful weapon.

Good Old Wikipedia

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silk

--airspoon

The "from my cold, dead hands" quote was from Charlton Heston.

--airspoon

[edit on 1-6-2010 by airspoon]

With respect I believe you correct crediting Charlton Heston with having said this at an NRA rally - shown in Bowling for Columbine. However it would be incorrect to attribute the statement to him.

Check out Red Dawn - you will see the statement on the rear bumper of a car as the Russian soldier does just that from one of the dead locals.

I know that "Red Dawn" far pre-dates Bowling For Columbine - so I suspect the proclamation probably far pre-dates even Charlton Heston's involvement in the NRA

It predates 'Red Dawn' too. I first heard it in 1975, and it's probably older than that.

[edit on 2010/6/2 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
lol That makes me really want to own a gun so that i can be a little more upset.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pumpkingrapefruit

Bass pro has a sale on Remington 870 12 gauge shot guns, and the best part about it is, there American made!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join