It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama can confiscate US privately owned guns.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
he sure can -
but he also must accept what comes from the barrel first, I would imagine since well thats our last defense according to our Constitution - so, I would expect what Thomas Jefferson described as a last defense from tyranny.
I wouldn't want to be the ones required to collect those guns. you may get two or three houses before you got 50 men pointing their barrels at the collectors on the fourth house.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
If they want my guns they are more than welcome to come and TRY to take them from me. But for any son of a b*#@! that comes I warn you this:
You may get my guns but you will get my bullets first!

sub-human liberal scum

I like your sentiment, but why is this a liberal/conservative thing? Dont you realize you are buying into exactly what is wanted?

Also, you all seem to be missing the point-again, NO UN TREATY CAN SUPERCEDE THE CONSTITUTION.

That is where you are wrong.

It is a liberal/conservative (or actually a progressive/conservative) thing! You are making the mistake of assuming that the scum bag republicans that claim to be conservative are indeed conservatives. They are not! In fact, the republicans are progressives almost as much as the scum bags in the other party. That is why bush acted like a democrat...he is a progressive. It is also why obama has escalated the war (continuing bush policies)...he is a progressive. It is the progressive (aka liberal) scum that are taking our rights away from us. It is progressive scum that will TRY to take our guns!

Edit to add:

I am not missing any point. The progressives are doing anything and everything they can to destroy the U.S. Constitution and the country as a result. Did you miss that?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I don't even know where or how to start. First, if you are in the US please move to England, Canada, or Australia where guns are already banned. Then your problem is solved and we here in America will have one less mouth to feed and just a little more air available for someone that needs it for more than two brain cells.
The only reason a government wants to disarm it's people is because it is afraid of it's people. A government that is not afraid of it's people but embraces them, is glad to have them armed. It helps protect the government and the country. The number of guns in this country has been a consideration and deterent to other countries when deciding to attack the US. "An armed society is a polite society", so it has been said, and I agree.
Rest assured, the government will find a way to disarm us or at least attempt to disarm us. IMHO it will be a bloodbath and an opportunity for the NWO/UN to step in with a peaceful solution and hence do away with the biggest deterent to the NWO...the USA, it's free people, and that pesky piece of paper called the Constitution.
Seeashrink

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The joke is i have a small hobby machine shop.

They take my guns and i have been collecting the plans for making new guns.

The only thing about my collection of plans is most are for full auto weapons.

I can also make black powder cannons and have a couple of 2 inch ones already.
Load them with BBs and they are better then claymore mines.

I also have recipes for stuff that goes bang.

No worries i will share the plans and recipes with anyone if the time comes.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for the quote

" Either your with us, or your with the conspiracy theorists."

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by Blueracer
reply to post by Misoir

I care. What is your obsession with law abiding citizens owning guns anyway. It is none of your concern.

It becomes a public issue, and an issue of mine, when there is so much gun violence in our country. We have the highest gun ownership in the world and the highest violence rate in the western world.

So I do believe my safety, is my business.

This here is a really good example of using language to support your position. Using part of a larger dataset to support your argument.

This poster says the U.S. has the "highest violence rate in the WESTERN world".

let's compare the U.S. and others to some "non-western" countries...

These stats show homicides involving guns (per 100,000 residents):

United States: 8.95
Canada: 1.99
Australia: 2.40
Costa Rica: 5.52
Tanzania: 7.42
Zambia: 10.74
Philippines: 16.89
Moldova: 17.06
Estonia: 22.11
Brazil: 29.27
Jamaica: 31.60
South Africa: 64.64 !!!

The U.S. is such a dangerous place to live, right? Gun violence is way out of control? Not when you look at the whole globe.

I thought we were all about being global and "thinking globally" and all that crap.

I guess you forget to think globally when you want to make the U.S. look bad.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
BTW...all those American members who are saying "they have not been trying to take away your guns, and will never do it" where in the world do you live?... Certainly not in the U.S. What do you call the fact that in several states of the U.S. firearms are either banned, or heavily restricted?... Did we just dream those?...

Meanwhile the Second Amendment guarantees the right to every American to own and bear arms this has not stopped "Progress" and corrupt politicians from implementing bans, and heavy restrictive laws on firearms...

When are people going to protest? AFTER they are disarmed?... No, people should be protesting now, BEFORE they are disarmed.

U.S. Strategy Against Mexican Drug Cartels: Flawed and UncertainPublished on April 26, 2010 by Ray Walser, Ph.D. Abstract: Mexican drug cartels virtually rule large parts of Mexico, with violence and murder spilling across the U.S. border. In 2009, the death toll reached a high of more than 9,000. While the Obama Administration should be commended for its continuation of the Bush Administration’s Mérida Initiative, President Obama and his Cabinet have gone too far in placing the blame for Mexicos drug mayhem on U.S. gun laws and American drug use, and many existing policies have yielded modest results at best. Heritage Foundation Latin America expert Ray Walser lays out the comprehensive plan that the U.S. should follow to stem the tide of drug violence—or pay even higher costs down the road.

www.heritage.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well, cars are killing people, so lets go back to horses. Pollution is killing people so lets go back to doing everything by hand and shut down all manufacturing. Lets completely do away with tobacco, alcohol, .....wait....people kill people!!! Lets just do away with people. Or, we could just do away with ignorance.
Seeashrink

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by AwakeinNM

Oh Jamaica. An island with a gun ban. Should be easy enough to police a tiny island with a gun ban. It's an island so they can't blame other states like Bloomberg like to blame Georgia.

But then there's that whole drug war in the streets thing that's been going on for a month now.

Guns and drugs both banned in Jamaica. Strange how guns bought with drug money are spilling blood in the streets and the cops are virtually impotent.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The joke is i have a small hobby machine shop.

They take my guns and i have been collecting the plans for making new guns.

The only thing about my collection of plans is most are for full auto weapons.

I can also make black powder cannons and have a couple of 2 inch ones already.
Load them with BBs and they are better then claymore mines.

I also have recipes for stuff that goes bang.

No worries i will share the plans and recipes with anyone if the time comes.

Well congratulations. You have just used every word that sets off flags for government monitors monitoring this site and the internet. It would be my strong suggestion that we refrained from talking about "things that go boom" and killing people on this site. Not only could it cause problems for the site and it's owners but it is also a good way to get yourself introduced to people from homeland security.
Just use some common sense.
Seeashrink

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
opps....double post

[edit on 1-6-2010 by seeashrink]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato

This will get gunned down in Congress they have to vote on anything the President signs it will never get passed and by the very, very slim chance it did pass through Congress the Government would be sparking a war with the people they are supposed to represent.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone even bother to check that the claim made in the OP is even true???

Snopes:

Claim: A U.N. small arms treaty signed by the U.S. provides a "legal way around the 2nd Amendment."

FALSE

Just another Obama-hater making up fake news to get the masses all riled up. A reputable news outlet would have checked if it was true or not.

You can argue all you want about 2nd amendment rights, but why argue over why "Obama is trying to steal our guns" when it's based on a false story planted to stir dissent. You're being played.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

If they want my guns they are more than welcome to come and TRY to take them from me. But for any son of a b*#@! that comes I warn you this:
You may get my guns but you will get my bullets first!

sub-human liberal scum

I like your sentiment, but why is this a liberal/conservative thing? Dont you realize you are buying into exactly what is wanted?

Also, you all seem to be missing the point-again, NO UN TREATY CAN SUPERCEDE THE CONSTITUTION.

That is where you are wrong.

It is a liberal/conservative (or actually a progressive/conservative) thing! You are making the mistake of assuming that the scum bag republicans that claim to be conservative are indeed conservatives. They are not! In fact, the republicans are progressives almost as much as the scum bags in the other party. That is why bush acted like a democrat...he is a progressive. It is also why obama has escalated the war (continuing bush policies)...he is a progressive. It is the progressive (aka liberal) scum that are taking our rights away from us. It is progressive scum that will TRY to take our guns!

Edit to add:

I am not missing any point. The progressives are doing anything and everything they can to destroy the U.S. Constitution and the country as a result. Did you miss that?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by LiquidMirage]

You are being extremely short-sighted. The conservatives did the same thing in their last administration. They paved the road for the current events. And Clinton did it before. ANd Bush senior before. Did you miss that?

This is nothing to do with consevatives/libs, and everything to do with using these things to keep the people seperated and fighting amongst themselves.

It isnt new, as much as everyone wants to see it that way.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It is now a proven fact that Obama is a one term placed figure in the office of the presidency. He is a pawn and an embarrassment at that.

He can't tie his shoes with out permission or a teleprompter. He is there by the sheare grace of his superiors. I have a funny feeling they will expose themselves very soon. When this happens, things are going to change in an instant.

The United States of America and her people will be awakened and pulled together and will become the strongest nation on Earth and never be corrupted again.

You all are Americans or living here. When the time comes, you will be required to act like one and protect your country, freedom and loved ones.

We have been watching for a long time now,

Eye of Eagle

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Of course they don't check!
I posted MANY posts ago it wasn't true, to read Snopes, but these guys don't care! ALL they care about is that Obama sucks, and every freakin post details how they are going to shoot like crazy if anybody tries to take their guns! It's just a bunch of pseudo patriotic macho gun braying!

THEY DON"'T CARE AT ALL IF THE OP IS TRUE, they are just a bunch of knee jerks; a propagandist's dream!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
First of all I don't have a need for a gun, I don't hunt, I don't live in a bad neighborhood , I don't break the law and I don't have any enemeys.
All I have is knowledge. So if the cops or the feds want to search my home they are welcome.
Anyone who thinks that rifles and pistols are the only weapons americans have is a moron. At age 13 I learned how to make a gernade at a U.S. naval base by a chief petty officer, and any moron can make a molitof cocktail. Today, there are still books available that will tell you how to make napalm and poisonus gases, not to mention whats on the internet, and thats still not including people that already have weapon knowledge in their heads.
Alot of american gun owners load their own ammo.
And if you think there is no blackmarket for weapons in america, where do you think most crooks and gangs get theirs? Where do you think mexican drug lords get theirs ?
Another thing is american factory worker that built american weapons and war machines know their tricks ,weaknesses, short comings and vulnerabiltys.
Foreign troops in america?
The biggest problem the british had when they fought here was not knowing the terrain, the wild life and the weather.
Americans are smart determined, resourceful and very resilient !
Many american have already lost their jobs, their homes,their cars , their familys and TPTB think they are going to take americans guns away, with foreign troops ? AAhAA HA HA HA!!!! May God have mercy on their lives and souls, cause the people won't. "Never under estimate your enemey."

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero

Originally posted by azrael36

And who says the govt is better armed than its citizens are?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by azrael36]

The military does....

Weapons of the US Military

Vehicles of the US Military

Aircraft of the US Military

Got a few A-10's in the house these days do ya?

Look I don't agree that the guns should be taken but I am sorry...if you think we can beat the US military in a battle with our AK-47's and M-16's..well that would be an interesting fight.

I know...I know...we beat the redcoats with like 3 people compared to their billion

The redcoats had guns and cannons...so did we

Now we as the militia men have rifles and mortar tubes...they have A-10's, M1A1 Abrams and CBU/GBU. If you don't see an SORELY one-sided fight there then you'll have to pardon me while I take a step or 5000 back when this firecracker of a battle goes off.

If they wanted to pry the guns out of our fingers they would do it despite the machismo we think we have because we have a basement full of semi, burst and full-autos.

AK47 vs A-10 Warthog....awesome

M-16 on full-auto vs BLU-82B...I'll make my wager

Not saying it would come to that but I gotta abimt I am very curious about something. What makes gun-owners think they can beat the US military? I am a gun owner and I am pretty sure even if I became a crack shot, my .40 would do next to nothing to the arsenal at their disposal.

Sorry...it really get's me interested when we think some private militia will win this.

-Kyo

Hmmm I wonder what happens to all those obsolete weapons systems and the 100,000's weapons that go missing every year from the nations armories. Surely you don't think they all wind up in the hands of insurgents half a world away? Sure we may be hard pressed to go toe to toe in an aerial dog fight, but surely there are other ways to bring a plane down? Especially one as slow as an A-10, bet some of those old anti-tank rockets might take an engine out. They sure do a number on the giant stumps out in the cow pasture!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
He can certainly try..but it would be ill advised. I almost wish he would try a stunt like that because it might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back. I really don't know what it will take before the sheep wake up and realize that they are slaves to the PTB. Illegal wars that have just topped a trillion..trillions in corporate welfare to the bigs that are "too big to let fail".
I mean what's it going to take people? The top 1% have more than the bottom 99% combined, and they keep wanting more for themselves and less for us. The kicker is too many just let it ride as long as they have their shiny new Iphone and big screen to see their stupid reality TV shows and NASCAR. Too self absorbed to see the Constitution is just a 'goddamed piece of paper' to the PTB.
That 'goddamed piece of paper' secures my right to keep and bear arms uninfringed. Anyone knocking on my door, wanting my guns, will find out the meaning of uninfringed with a quickness.

Seems to me they tried that during the aftermath of Katrina in NOLA..and it didn't pan out too well. I predict it won't go over too well on the national level either.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Raven1965]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm suggesting this thread be moved to the HOAX files, Obama cannot take anybody's guns away... maybe his kids guns... but not soverigns/citizens' guns...

On that note as many others have pointed out as well neither can the "U.N.", take anybody's guns away...

The U.N. doesn't have control over me, Obama doesn't have control over me, hell GOD doesn't have control over me... I can have as many guns as i want, legally or illeagally... preferable illegally... no "registered S/N" why do i need to register a fire arm if i have the right to keep and bear arms?

i dont.... plain and simple...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join