It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama can confiscate US privately owned guns.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Be happy we're on ATS and I can't give you my honest opinion ...

That being said, I'll never give up my guns. 2 .50AE Desert Eagles, 3 12ga. Shotguns, 2 Glock 21's, and a few other rifles I'd rather not discuss.

I like my 2nd Amendment. I'd die to keep it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I really get a kick out of this topic,let me explain.
I'm 56 years old and gun registration started back in the 60's.
I could not tell you how many of my friends fathers refused to register their guns, alot of them are machine guns of varing size and caliber.
Growing up I have met many motorcycle club members and gang members and they do have caches of guns that are well hidden and few members know about.
Most people that leave the military have guns thats why the feds feel exmilitary may pose a threat as a terrorist.
I would say most americans that own guns have several guns that are not registered,hell even most cops have a cold piece.
Every person I talk to face to face ,either rebublican or democrat has said the same thing " the only way they will take my gun is when they pry it out of my cold dead hand".
If the american federal government really wants to trys to take americans guns all I can say is,"good luck,suckers!". Americans are the most armed people in the world, and I think they (the feds) already know what will happen, thats why it (confiscation)hasn't happened, (yet)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Uh huh1
Another BS fear mongering chain e mail that mutated into a blog!
Hasn't this been proved already to be BS?
I suggest you paranoids check Snopes.
Honestly, it seems that gun owners have to be the most panicky, fearful people in the country. Over the last 40 years I've seen a never ending cascade of "they are gunna take our guns" idiocy. Seems like it never happens, or even comes close. In case you are wondering, the 2nd Amendment is very clear, citizens have the right to own guns!
But, WHY are you guys so knee jerk? So quick to panic? So freakin FULL of fear?

It's called the assault weapons bill and it cost my family numerous different long arms that were legally paid for and registered. They didn't have to take there guns they made them illegal.

People sometimes forget not everyone sits around checking new firearms laws and by the time my folks knew they needed to be re-registered again it was too late and they all got shipped out of state. I know alot of people here is CA that went through the same thing.

The case is always made that people don't need this or that but it's BS - the American dream was never about needs it's about wants - we want freedom to choose for ourselves not be told were only smart enough to elect people to make choices in lieu of us.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well lets get the party started!

They can have mine after I run out of ammo and it no longer functions as a club.

If they pass any law, rule, EO, or Treaty and any attempt is made to take anyones Private owned firearms.

I am postive that the other guys in the MS Militia and other States Militias will not let their actions go un-punished.

While I cannot speak for anyone else besides myself, I know what I will do.

Do you?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by Judohawk

I understand and respect that argument too. Whether we ban guns or not bad guys will always get them and the good guys won't have them to protect themselves, I understand. BUT. We are the reason there are illegal guns, we have never banned hand guns in the USA so that theory is impossible to prove wrong.

If we banned hand guns the problem would be mostly solved. Of course there will still be some guns around, but a serious crackdown on them would virtually end gun violence.

This is the same logic TPTB have been feeding us for decades about the war on drugs. Make them all illegal and we won't have the problem. I'm certain your smart enough to know that hasn't panned out all to well. It's only filled our jails beyond capacity and turned average citizens into criminals.

The only thing that keeps this government in check is the foregone conclusion that if they were to try and enforce total rule they would be looking down the business end of the very hand guns you would like to see taken away.

If you think for one minute the legislators that profess gun control aren't seeking more power and control for themselves and their cronies, I believe your sadly deluded.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A tip to patriot gun owners is that the part that is registered is the lower receiver. If push comes to shove disassemble the weapon and turn in the lower receiver. Buy a blank lower and a jig and drill the holes needed and reassemble your weapon. Now you're back in business. This goes for lots of different types, AR's, AK's and others. With AK's you buy a "flat" and bend and weld.

www.ar15assaultweapons.com...

ar-15-parts.com...

www.cncguns.com...

[edit on 1-6-2010 by EndtheFed]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Awesome! Simply awesome! basically was the same point i was trying to get across so im glad there are more ppl who are on my side of the issue

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

I think you and I have a lot in common. We should get together and chat sometime.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
reply to post by Misoir

I care. What is your obsession with law abiding citizens owning guns anyway. It is none of your concern.

It becomes a public issue, and an issue of mine, when there is so much gun violence in our country. We have the highest gun ownership in the world and the highest violence rate in the western world.

So I do believe my safety, is my business.

No offense meant, dude, but maybe you should move into some caves or go into the wild where only animals want to eat you in your sleep.

Build a campfire, a little hut... Shoot, I'll just be sleeping in a tree.

But hey, what do I know?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero

Originally posted by azrael36

And who says the govt is better armed than its citizens are?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by azrael36]

The military does....

Weapons of the US Military

Vehicles of the US Military

Aircraft of the US Military

Got a few A-10's in the house these days do ya?

Look I don't agree that the guns should be taken but I am sorry...if you think we can beat the US military in a battle with our AK-47's and M-16's..well that would be an interesting fight.

I know...I know...we beat the redcoats with like 3 people compared to their billion

The redcoats had guns and cannons...so did we

Now we as the militia men have rifles and mortar tubes...they have A-10's, M1A1 Abrams and CBU/GBU. If you don't see an SORELY one-sided fight there then you'll have to pardon me while I take a step or 5000 back when this firecracker of a battle goes off.

If they wanted to pry the guns out of our fingers they would do it despite the machismo we think we have because we have a basement full of semi, burst and full-autos.

AK47 vs A-10 Warthog....awesome

M-16 on full-auto vs BLU-82B...I'll make my wager

Not saying it would come to that but I gotta abimt I am very curious about something. What makes gun-owners think they can beat the US military? I am a gun owner and I am pretty sure even if I became a crack shot, my .40 would do next to nothing to the arsenal at their disposal.

Sorry...it really get's me interested when we think some private militia will win this.

-Kyo

You don't really believe that crap do you???

I mean, the insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan had such superior weapons, that's how they lasted against us right???

First off, the numbers would be something like 20 to one in the POPULACE's favor, not the other way around.

Secondly, It's kind of hard to use an M1A1 against a completely mobile force that you have absolutely NO way of separating from the surrounding populace. Do you think that people are going to just board themselves in their houses and hope to take them out when they come to collect their guns?

No when they actually start trying to collect guns it will set off a revolution like we have never seen. You have no idea what kind of weapons are available to the general public or what some of the general public has. Trust a glock 9mm is not the only weapons out there lol....

Third, you're not counting the members of the military and police forces that would refuse to confiscate firearms and would in fact be on the side of those protecting their rights.

There are fifteen ways from sunday where this would go wrong for TPTB if decided to try and go the route of firearm confiscation.

You aren't even counting the new technologies available to people that can be manufactured from home and aren't even classifiable as firearms like centripetal force guns, etc...

no, I think you are sorely mistaken if you think that the Fed or a foreign entity could come any where near to being able to logistically pull off confiscating the firearms of Americans.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I see alot of people admitting to owning illegal weapons. Good thing i dont smoke weed.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Actually, search of your home (without you needing to be present - they can just break in without a warant) and seizure of ANY property is covered by the Patriot Act, bought in by the Bush Administration.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Last I checked Congress, and the Senate have a mayority of Progressive Democrats who want this to happen too...

If Obama decides to sign this treaty, I hope states, and the American people band together once more to fight this.

There is no end in sight for what the people in power have in mind, and part of it is to destroy, or abolish as many rights as possible which are guaranteed to U.S. citizens and legal aliens by the U.S. Constitution.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Any move by government to disarm their own people tells you who they think their enemies are.

Gun control precedes genocide. Never let them go.

If you have to become a criminal to hold on to your guns, then so be it, because by that time you've only got one more thing to lose: your life.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by 30_seconds]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Reply to post by Misoir

I use to think the same thing "who cares about guns? They're bad, etc." Guns keep us free, in an odd twist.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
to paraphrase the admiral of the Japanese forces during WW2....

"There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass...."

Dang straight there would be, and once the police and military turn on the civilian populations(as they already are) they not only would be targets, but would replenish the american people's supplies.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If they want my guns they are more than welcome to come and TRY to take them from me. But for any son of a b*#@! that comes I warn you this:
You may get my guns but you will get my bullets first!

sub-human liberal scum

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
They won't take my RPG's or 120mm mortar because they are illegal already anyway.

But if they come a lookin', they will leave a runnin'.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
If they want my guns they are more than welcome to come and TRY to take them from me. But for any son of a b*#@! that comes I warn you this:
You may get my guns but you will get my bullets first!

sub-human liberal scum

I like your sentiment, but why is this a liberal/conservative thing? Dont you realize you are buying into exactly what is wanted?

Also, you all seem to be missing the point-again, NO UN TREATY CAN SUPERCEDE THE CONSTITUTION.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Who cares? What's up with this sick obsession with guns here in America? It's just a sign of a violent society, and a pretty scared one too. You don't think you can contain our government without the use of weapons? That's pretty sad.

I support an all out hand gun ban. We are the reason all of the countries that have banned hand guns keep having gun violence. We are the leader in arms shipment, including guns on the black market.

You are so out of touch with reality, and the same goes for those who voted for you, that it is not even funny...

Violence has surged in every nation where law abidding citizens have been banned from owning handguns, or where there are tight restrictions in firearms...

Some of us have posted time and again the facts, yet people like you keep spouting lies, and disinformation which shows your complete ignorance in topics like this one.

We recently even had an article which showed how an 80 year old man, defended himself, his wife and his property from a burglar WHO WAS ARMED probably with an illegal weapon. Both the burglar and the 80 year old man discharged their weapons, but the 80 year old man was able to kill the intruder before the intruder killed his wife and him.

You should do some research before you make claims you know nothing about buddy.

Since the gun ban in the UK for example gun crimes have increased dramatically because CRIMINALS don't have legal weapons....

Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade
By James Slack
Last updated at 8:42 AM on 27th October 2009

Gun crime has almost doubled since Labour came to power as a culture of extreme gang violence has taken hold.

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

In some parts of the country, the number of offences has increased more than five-fold.

In eighteen police areas, gun crime at least doubled.

The statistic will fuel fears that the police are struggling to contain gang-related violence, in which the carrying of a firearm has become increasingly common place.

Last week, police in London revealed they had begun carrying out armed patrols on some streets.

The move means officers armed with sub-machine guns are engaged in routine policing for the first time.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

BTW, here are some very wise words from men who have had experience and knowledge on what can happen when people are disarmed...

An example of British thinking in colonial times:

"No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave. He, who has nothing, and who himself belongs to another, must be defended by him, whose property he is, and needs no arms. But he, who thinks he is his own master, and has what he can call his own, ought to have arms to defend himself, and what he possesses; else he lives precariously, and at discretion." --James Burgh (Political Disquisitions: Or, an Enquiry into Public Errors, Defects, and Abuses) [London, 1774-1775]

And thoughts (on this subject) of the man who wanted to rule the world:

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed the subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty." -- Adolf Hitler (H.R. Trevor-Roper, Hitler's Table Talks 1941-1944)

The leaders of our freedom struggle recognised this, even Gandhi the foremost practitioner of passive resistance and non-violence had this to say about the British policy of gun-control in India:

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -- Mahatma Gandhi (An Autobiography OR The story of my experiments with truth, by M.K. Gandhi, p.238)

www.abhijeetsingh.com...

Again, take a look at what is happening to a country where law abidding citizens have been banned from owning handguns and other firearms.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.

The Tories said Labour had presided over a decade of spiralling violence.
In the decade following the party's election in 1997, the number of recorded violent attacks soared by 77 per cent to 1.158million - or more than two every minute.
The figures, compiled from reports released by the European Commission and United Nations, also show:

The UK has the second highest overall crime rate in the EU.
It has a higher homicide rate than most of our western European neighbours, including France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The UK has the fifth highest robbery rate in the EU.
It has the fourth highest burglary rate and the highest absolute number of burglaries in the EU, with double the number of offences than recorded in Germany and France.
But it is the naming of Britain as the most violent country in the EU that is most shocking. The analysis is based on the number of crimes per 100,000 residents.
In the UK, there are 2,034 offences per 100,000 people, way ahead of second-placed Austria with a rate of 1,677.

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 92 and South Africa 1,609.
Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

It would help you if you actually checked for facts before making claims which are completely wrong.

In every case where nations have banned handguns, or implemented very restrictive laws on firearms crime in overall, and even gun crimes HAVE INCREASED...

When law abiding citizens are not armed, the only people armed are criminals, who do not abide by the laws of course. But this is something some people don't seem to comprehend.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join