It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis celebrating attack on Turkish Aid Ship - infront of Turkish Embassy,Tel Aviv

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Israelis celebrating attack on Turkish Aid Ship - infront of Turkish Embassy,Tel Aviv

www.liveleak.com

Israelis celebrating attack on Turkish Aid Ship - infront of Turkish Embassy in Tel Aviv,

video in link
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It has been sometime since i posted a news link. I found this inappropriate.

If Israeli's wished to show their support for their perceived innoncence of their soldiers they did not need to "celebrate" in front of the turkish embassy. Such a delibrate show of distain for the lives lost should be something the Turkish government is aware of.

I am not one to condem the group for actions of a few and we can even give the benfit of the doubt that passing honking motorists did not know that was the turkish government, clearly alot of people there did. Plain wrong

Poor taste and not at all helpfull to their position.

www.liveleak.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Hack28]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I noticed banners with PKK then I found this

Israel and the PKK want to teach Turkey a lesson
www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

Font Size: Larger|Smaller
Monday, May 31, 2010
MEHMET ALİ BİRAND

First of all let’s agree on a mutual point.

Israel’s attack is the most dangerous step taken up until now and will harm relations with Turkey from the ground up.

The other point is that we need not hold Israel entirely responsible for what happened. The Netanyahu administration should not be accountable for such a frameless and foolhardy attitude. It cannot be linked to entire Israel or the Jews.

The PKK is making calculation mistakes.

Whoever gives these orders, Öcalan or Kandil, I don’t know but they are not very farsighted. They are unable to correctly take the pulse of the Turkish public.

Formerly the Turkish public used to react to terror deeds in a “Do whatever is necessary to solve this issue” way. This attitude was not intended to derive a meaning of surrender to the PKK or accept what the PKK requests but people seemed sick and tired of the issue. The public wanted the state to take action and cease fights.

And it was this weak point the PKK used to agitate. It used to make use of terror and put pressure on Ankara by increasing demonstrations and armed attacks with an attitude of “If you don’t do as we tell, this is what we will do to you.”

But they cannot predict the following anymore…

The Turkish public has started to be affected differently by these terror attacks. Now, each terror incident has hardened the Turkish public a bit more and brought about a result of choking the Kurdish issue.

But Öcalan is mistaken if he wants to fix his situation at İmralı via these attacks or wants to obtain a say in negotiations this way.

Each attack causes the Turkish public to become a bit tenser.

Each incident increases their resistance a bit more.

My hopes started to cease.

I started to think that the PKK and the leaders are not seeking a battle instead of peace.

Israel and the PKK have brought about a change in perception in this country by taking extremely wrong steps.

And now they have to live with the results.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by tarifa37]

[edit on 1-6-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

thanks for the added info.

I would be pleasantly suprised to see some Israeli's come forward and protest against the actions taken. Surely not the entrie population can agree with the government actions.

Although that statement is made much easier in my Canadian living room than my tel aviv apartment. (which i dont own)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I also wouldn't hold the whole of Israel responsible or at fault, just their government, just as I wouldn't hold our US government responsible for the entire population of the US. But it is natural to believe that the population of said state would be following their own government, just like we do, whether it's religious beliefs or any other. As long as people continue to post proof of the wrong doings of any country I believe the real truth will come out eventually and I feel the corrupt government of Israel will soon be coming to terms when their own population starts noticing they don't want a sadistic government speaking, or for that mattter, acting, for them.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
What the...

1:07 to about 1:15.

What flag is that?

Looks a LOT like the flag of the Shah of Iran.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
All I can say about this, is that the more wieght Israel throws around, the further they fall from the moral high ground. Refusing to occupy that high ground, will tacticaly be more devastating to them in the long run, than would be three dirty bombs let off within a mile of the Israeli parliment buildings !

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I have a better video :

Give him a medal!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Well...

This certainly makes it much harder to separate the government from it's citizens.

IRM

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
First - they are not celebrating. They show support for this action,which is still very stupid due to shameful results.
Second - there are no more then 2 hundred people there. There are a little more people in Israel.
Third - Turkish embassy location was probably chosen due to this
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Well...

This certainly makes it much harder to separate the government from it's citizens.

Which is very sad indeed

top topics

join