It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

72% of Guantanamo Detainees Found Innocent

page: 1
7

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

72% of Guantanamo Detainees Found Innocent


www.salon.com

72% of Guantanamo detainees who finally were able to obtain just minimal due process (which is what a habeas hearing is) -- after years of being in a cage without charges -- have been found by federal judges to be wrongfully detained. These are people who are part of what the U.S. Government continues to insist are "the worst of the worst" who remain, and whose release is being vehemently contested by the Obama DOJ.

The real disgrace here is that the U.S. Congress, in 2006, enacted the Military Commissions Act, which explicitly denied all Guantanamo detainees any rights to habeas review
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm all about being "proactive" with defending my country, but scooping up innocent people and holding them for almost a DECADE is just wrong.

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Is 9 falsely accused victims okay for one imprisoned Hitler?

That may or not be the case with Guantanamo.

But the other 28% of detainees...could they have been the next 9/11 hi-jackers (ASSUMING we follow the main story)?

Since we are a war - isn't it only sensible we try to protect our interests?

I feel the largest back lash is from those who hold a grudge...



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist
 


You can say these things until they come to lock you up. It's insane that people are being held for no reason, I can't believe you could think this is an ok thing.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I understand what you're saying but to hold a person on NO evidence for YEARS only creates more enemies... The staggering 72% of innocent people held (probably tortured) based on NO evidence is against everything this country was founded on.

Our government's actions has caused a negative reaction through-out the world.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
Is 9 falsely accused victims okay for one imprisoned Hitler?


What? Really? You should have your American citizenship revoked for that comment.

Do you understand what they were trying to do with the Constitution at all?



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
If you read the bottom of the linked article, it informs that "the Obama DOD just banned from covering military commissions at Guantanamo."

This is EXACTLY why we need to have the accused 9/11 plotters to be tried in the Civilian Court system. The Military Court will be too secretive, and the possible truth of 9/11 will again be pused aside.

OR......

Maybe I'm alittle crazy for connecting the two. Who knows



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'm sure they we're all just Goat herders, who we're in the wrong place at the wrong time.
you do realize that the Courts are full of idiots... the judicial system is more worried about being Fair, then just.



posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
That is just Sad 18 in every 25 are innocent people with families who miss them. And to all who think this is fine... please do not reproduce so you could teach your children your backward veiws, if you do the world will have war after war and it will die.

i hope that these people get 10 years of memories and love back...



posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander
 


Can you prove your American Citizenship?

It is in-fact very hard to prove you are an American Citizen, when most passports and licenses are Issued to U.S. Citizens.

It is a corporate game the Illuminati like to play and I am just giving you a hard time.

And the whole Guantanamo Bay thing, well you have no rights, benefits, or privileges. They have all been stripped in 1933 when the U.S. government when into chapter 11 Bankruptcy.

"Vote and make your choice to help better the government" Is what is being sold.

Do some people believe it? Yes, but I don't believe voting solves anything, it is just an Illusion of Choice.



posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO
 


That percentage is very misleading in my opinion.


I think they should give the other 28% of the detainees a trial first.

72% are innocent while the other 28% rot until they commit suicide is more like it.


110% Nazi gestapo BS.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Izarith]



new topics

top topics



 
7

log in

join