It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jewish American reaction to attack on flotilla (we overwhelmingly condemn it)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjsmor
reply to post by lee anoma

Not knowing your history again is your downfall, your soooooo tired of "you're with me or against me??" that's a creedo that islam lives by, and for your so called israeli parliment zoabi, she is a palestinian arab citizen of israel and a member of Balad, "Can you fathom THIS? or do you need a history/ politics lesson?! , and yes, she is a dissenter of the state of israel, it's soooooo obvious.

Wow.
You make Israel sound like a dictatorship.

There were other Jews that supported, were on-board or planning to board those flotillas but the point is useless since you will simply say they are dissenting self-haters provided they have an opinion in opposition to your own.

but you keep playing the shell game and i'll keep taken yo cash!! those "peacefull activist" look very armed in the video of them beating the israeli commandos......

They were in international waters, the raid was outside Israeli territory which their military even stated, and the blockade itself is in violation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1860
as well as is in violation of Article 33 of the Geneva Convention.

It doesn't matter that these commandos felt in the right when they stormed the boats armed-to-the-teeth dropping from helicopters and barking orders, no one was obligated to follow them.

Whatever attack or retaliation from the passengers on the flotilla suffered by the raid on any Israeli soldier would be the fault of the IDF and NOT the passengers due to the IDFs illegal action. Of course considering the score of 20 to 0, I think the IDF weren't even close to being outmatched by pipes, sticks or kitchen knives.

You can't illegally invade a vessel on open-waters with machine guns and then claim you acted in self-defense when the passengers retaliated against your illegal seizure and so you murdered 20+ of them.

They were NOT supposed to be on those flotillas demanding anything with presumed authority.

At least understand that much.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Kudos to the OP. Our voice needs to be heard!

Add me to the list of Jewish Americans who condemn violence against any innocent group of people. I am also a third-generation direct descendant of two Holocaust survivors.

Let it be known to the non-Jewish population that MOST Jews are not in bed with the "fake" Jews who along with their "fake" Christian and Muslim compadres commit untold evil against the world. These are NOT representative of God's people. This apparently needs to be communicated again and again to dispel the myths about the Illuminati and the dark cabal.

Judge people by their deeds and the level of light or darkness in their soul -- NEVER from physical or external superficial traits like one's religion, culture, skin color, etc.

I am an American Jew, and I stand with all people of the Most High God against any and all acts of terror committed by anyone from any country!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2
reply to post by crmanager

Link doesn't work, so all I see is black.

Any particular reason you have that massive chip on your shoulder???

You really seem to have a problem with everyone at the moment. Well everyone that disagree's with you.

I ask this in all seriousness dude, and I don't mean to offend, and if I do I apologize, but have you had some rough treatment from anyone???? Have you had family killed by someone over in that region???? Cause all I see is an angry little person that doesn't seem to want to see the forest for the tree's, and isn't willing to see anyone else's argument, regardless of the facts presented.

So much for denying ignorance eh............

All I see is a crude, disrepectful "little" person who can't imagine a person who does not agree with their sad, pathetic view that "Jews bad."

Israelis are not Nazis. Israelis are not evil. Israelis are people looking to continue the blockade of an elected government that IN THEIR CONSTITUTION states they seek the ELEMINATION of the JEWISH STATE.

The U.S blockaded Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany, the Iraqi Baathist regime...

The Russians, Croats, Japanese, Brazilians, Germans, English, Hungarians...an estimated 44 nations have done the same.

You hate Jews...please be honest.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha that is honestly the funniest thing I have read in ages. Really.

You say that the US blockaded the Japanese, Nazi Germany and the Iraqi Baathist Party. You are absolutely correct they did. There is only 1 difference though. THE US WAS AT WAR! And even then, the US is still bound by Maritime Law during a time of War. The US would still be able to be charged with Criminal Actions.

And you keep saying I hate Jews, well that's funny, several of my friends are Jewish. Wierd thing is I don't hate them. Don't seem to hate guys like Airspoon, who is a confirmed Jew. Don't seem to hate any of the other Jews that have been posting in here.

Oh that's right, because I don't hate Jews!!!! As I have previously stated, what I hate is the acts of killing unarmed Civilians!!!!

Now remove that chip from your shoulder, get off your high horse, and go back and read my original couple of posts. In it you will see that I clearly stated that I hate the actions that Israel takes that causes Civilians to be killed. And I ALSO state that I have a severe hate on towards any OTHER COUNTRY that goes in and kills Civilians.

And that includes the country I am a Citizen of, Australia. When little Johnny Howard (aka the useless Gnome), sent our troops to Iraq, I didn't agree with it. And thought that our troops shouldn't be there. That's why when it came time to vote in the 2007 Election, I VOTED AGAINST HIM.

But people like you wouldn't give a # about World Politics. All you care about is ISRAEL ISRAEL ISRAEL!!!! Anything else, if it doesn't affect Israel, is just a byproduct. And so help you God, if anyone DARES criticize Israel, well, they don't belong on this Planet!!!!!

[edit on 1-6-2010 by TerribleTeam2]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Well i am not Jewish, i am not american, i don't give a damn about whether someone is one thing or another. Who cares if they are Jewish or not, the fact is something terrible was done and they are being forgiven by certain sectors, organisations and countries and i think that is disgusting.

Imagine if Iran had done this, or North Korea, we would see international condemation, the USA would be all over it and no doubt sanctions would be put in place immediately.

I'm just finding this entire thing to be utterly sad.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by formernewager
Kudos to the OP. Our voice needs to be heard!

Add me to the list of Jewish Americans who condemn violence against any innocent group of people. I am also a third-generation direct descendant of two Holocaust survivors.

Let it be known to the non-Jewish population that MOST Jews are not in bed with the "fake" Jews who along with their "fake" Christian and Muslim compadres commit untold evil against the world. These are NOT representative of God's people. This apparently needs to be communicated again and again to dispel the myths about the Illuminati and the dark cabal.

Judge people by their deeds and the level of light or darkness in their soul -- NEVER from physical or external superficial traits like one's religion, culture, skin color, etc.

I am an American Jew, and I stand with all people of the Most High God against any and all acts of terror committed by anyone from any country!

Honestly, even though I am Atheist dude, that is awesome. One of the smartest things I have read in this thread. Right now, I say thank you.

And you know what dude, when you are standing there against acts of Terror, I'll be standing there right next to you!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
I am an American Jew with a large Jewish family, living in a majority Jewish neighborhood (North East Coast). Today, I had the opportunity to gauge the Jewish American reaction to the recent attack on the flotilla bringing humanitarian aid to Gaza, while attending Memorial Day celebrations in my neighborhood.

Most of the Jews that I spoke with today, with the exception of one person, condemned the attack out-right. A few of my Jewish family members and neighbors had the wrong information about what took place. Most of them thought that the flotilla was in Israeli waters with some even thinking that the boats were full of Palestinian terrorists, bringing weapons into Gaza. After getting the facts straight and using my iPhone to source these facts, these few were horrified about what had happened with many of my elders actually getting angry that Israel would do such a thing.

I was actually surprised to see that many, if not most of my neighbors had the correct information on the incident and were angered by it. I heard all day about the holocaust and how Israel was stooping the level of the Nazis, in regards to both Gaza and the West Bank.

Many of the people condemning the attack are otherwise staunch supporters of Israel and Israel's policies towards Palestine. However, all but one person condemned the attack, calling it an act of terrorism on behalf of Israel. I don't see how Jewish supporters of Israel can see just how wrong this attack was, yet many people on this board somehow find the attack justified.

Please remember that many, if not most Jewish Americans, at least in my neck of the woods, are standing against Israel on this latest incident. Even staunch supporters of Israel and Israeli policies can't justify what took place last night.

--airspoon

Edited title.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by airspoon]

First, I'm assuming that your USGI.

Thank you for your service.

I have one question.

If you have, say a boat full of iranians. They are coming to the west coast where a more militant faction of Azatlan are operating violent attacks on Arizona. We have blockaded california waters.

We attempt to contact that ship and they say they are coming for "peaceful" reasons. We say prove it. Park your boat or let us board you.

We board them.

they begin beating the snot out of our landing party. The only weapons the party has is paintballers with cs powder and pistols (if it gets hairy).

Some bunch of humanitarians right? All "peace peace" then straight to "fight fight".

Liars.

We (just as Israel) have the right to defend our borders and shores by WHATEVER means necessary.

Would you not do exactly what the israeli's did? Would you not defend your ancestral home?

Come on dude. Your military. You cant be a progressive jew. You seem to be pro jew I'm guessing.

You have me puzzled.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

But people like you wouldn't give a # about World Politics. All you care about is ISRAEL ISRAEL ISRAEL!!!! Anything else, if it doesn't affect Israel, is just a byproduct. And so help you God, if anyone DARES criticize Israel, well, they don't belong on this Planet!!!!!

Drama Queen...

Al you care about is "I hate Israel..."

And you can stay on the planet...we will just put you in the anti-semite section.

Yout accusation that I will protect Israel at the expense of all else is false. But I will protect Americas allies at MOST cost. Our Australian allies have been amazing and loyal friends to my nation and I would die to protect your nation and even your sorry Jew hating beehind.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
Well to be honest, its the Jewish people like you describe that I can completely justify defending against racial and political attacks. Surprisingly, it also seems that in my religious, right wing, neck of the woods; the Jews are the only ones against Israel's actions, while the Christians are completely for it.

Indeed, it is a mixed up world we live in.
the christians only care about protecting their "holy land"

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

First, I'm assuming that your USGI.

Thank you for your service.

Actually, I'm now a disabled veteran (retired) but I appreciate your gratitude. I truly did have the time of my life and at least I like to think that some good was accomplished at my behest.

If you have, say a boat full of iranians. They are coming to the west coast where a more militant faction of Azatlan are operating violent attacks on Arizona. We have blockaded california waters.

Well according to this situation which is entirely different from the subject at hand, I'd follow the law and wait until they are were in my AO, then I would peacefully investigate the situation, seeing how Iran is not now and has not been in the recent past, an aggressive nation. What I wouldn't do, is fire at their boat and then launch commando raids onto their vessels in international waters.

However, I would make sure that I didn't find myself in this situation by imprisoning women and children on a tiny strip of land with no food, supplies or basic necessities. I would then make sure that I wasn't committing genocide against innocent civilians in an effort to rid the region of their presence.

We attempt to contact that ship and they say they are coming for "peaceful" reasons. We say prove it. Park your boat or let us board you.

Yeah, the problem with this is that Israel is known to sink non-hostile ships in international waters. They are also known to kill Palestinians and anyone trying to help them, even the innocent ones. This is not the first incident such as this. We have seen before what happens to those that "park their boats" and allow IDF to board.

they begin beating the snot out of our landing party. The only weapons the party has is paintballers with cs powder and pistols (if it gets hairy).

You have to remember that Israel was firing upon these boats well before the boarding party even showed up. It would be safe to assume that many people were already hurt prior to the first chalk of commandos. Also, we don't know what happened with the first chalk of commandos who boarded the vessel. This first chalk could have been extremely hostile and the passengers were only fighting the subsequent chalks as a result of their actions.

Many of us here on ATS were watching it live, as it unfolded. It is a crystal clear fact that Israel started the hostilities. We watched it with our own eyes.

Some bunch of humanitarians right? All "peace peace" then straight to "fight fight".

See explanation above.

What would you do, if you were aboard a boat to bring much needed humanitarian supplies in order to save lives and they told you before boarding this boat that your odds of surviving unscathed would be slim. Based upon Israel's past actions with the same situations, they are going to try and kill you. However, you feel that the lives of thousands are more important than your own and well worth the risk. You know from similar situations of past that Israel will try to kill you for helping others that Israel herself is trying to wipe off the map.

Then all of the sudden, Israeli Navy boats appear over the horizon and start to fire at you. You are hearing the *bangs, *booms and *pops as fragments of the boat begins to explode in the air like ugly, defective fireworks. The burst of the shells in the water is splashing your face with salt water, a rough cold splash that reminds you of Mother Nature's scorn. A wood fragment from the deck of one of the boat flies through the air scratching your cheek, making the salt water on your face burn, only to pump more adrenaline through your blood. You hear screams, cannon blasts and all out chaos as you are being surrounded by Israeli gun-boats who have no issues with firing at you.

You clear your mind from the chaos for a second, only to remember past situations that have ended in tragedy that angers you a little. You remember that the Israelis are here to kill you, or at least that is what you believe through your own research and activism.

Then you hear the pounding rhythm of chopper blades that reminds you of the seriousness of the situation and you think to yourself, could this be attack helicopters coming to deal the death blow to our boat? Are they here to strafe us? All of the sudden, the pounding blades of the choppers start to stay constant and you realize, through all of the chaos, the choppers have begun to hover over your position... and then ropes drop. In this bit of confusion, along with all of the other chaos, screams, yells, cannon blasts, stinging pain and the engine roar of a mighty navy encircling your position, you are confused as to why ropes would be dropped from these helicopters (remember, you most likely have no military training). Then, you see armed commandos starting to slide down the ropes. FLASH... your hearing and eyesight goes out in one big ugly bang. You don't realize it but a flash-bang (a sort of "stun" grenade) goes off.

Slowly but surely, your sight and hearing comes back... but to the sights and sounds you do not wish to hear or see. You look around and see your comrades lying on the deck, half dead. You think to yourself, "this is it, I either stand and fight or perish never even having tried" (fight or flight). You realize that the only way to survive this, if even at all, is to try and fight back, after all, there is nowhere else to go, your on a boat. Survival instincts kick in and you realize that there are more of you than them, even though you are far out-gunned. If you can only stand this one time, for the sake of your own petty life, you just may have a small chance at survival.

Multiply that chaos by about 150x and change a variable or two. What would you do???

The bottom line is that they were in international waters and it was a raid, not an ordinary boarding party.

--airspoon

[edit on 1-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

Drama Queen...

Al you care about is "I hate Israel..."

And you can stay on the planet...we will just put you in the anti-semite section.

Yout accusation that I will protect Israel at the expense of all else is false. But I will protect Americas allies at MOST cost. Our Australian allies have been amazing and loyal friends to my nation and I would die to protect your nation and even your sorry Jew hating beehind.

What the F**K??? Are you Illiterate??? Or just plain Delusional????

You really need some Medication, because I think you are having a Delusional Episode. You keep saying I hate Israel. Let me spell it out for you. I D O N O T H A T E I S R A E L. I H A T E I T ' S A C T I O N S ! ! ! !

I honestly think you are trying to convince YOURSELF that I hate Israel, and that I am an Anti-Semite.

You know what, this is over. Because in the last 5 posts, you have said EXACTLY the same thing. If you aren't going to add to the topic, then leave. Saying the same thing over and over ad naseum does NOT make it factually correct.

Seriously, you need to see a doctor, because you are out of touch with Reality. That, or English is not your strongest language.

Jesus, it's like banging my head against a brick wall. No matter how many times you are told something, you keep bloody harping on about something that is not factually correct.

Talk about stupidity at its finest..........

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Thanks for the quick reply.

I know that Israel is no angel.

Neither are we sometimes. It is what it is.

I'm gnostic. I really dont give a rats butt about the so called "holy land". I just look at it as if it were Texas, what would I do? (We're being invaded now but thats a different story).

Israel has given land only to get rockets chunked back. The stated purpose of the muzzie world is push Israel into the sea. Jews have been kicked in the nads for centuries (eons?). After 5k years, I'd figure yall had enough. it seems that yall have a 5th column at times (here and abroad) that work against yourselves at times.

Read this as New York/ Hollywood liberal jews. Weird thing is (here in Texas anyhow) most Jews I've had the pleasure of meeting were VERY conservative (not to say Hassidic).

The leadership of the Palestinians (Hamas, PLO, Black September, group de jour)and the muzzie world have decided from the get go to use the palestinians as a stick to use against Israel. If the muzzie world REALLY decided they wanted to help these cats they would have absorbed the whole lot into one of the neighbor countries.

they never have.

I cant say that I wouldnt treat the palestinians fairly harshly myself. Granted their leadership is much to blame but thats with any conflict. Most folks in most countries (muzzies excluded) would be able to get along fairly well. The Govt.s cause most of the issue and the people go fight the fight.

I think that with some of the people on the ship being prominent socialist's/subversives, that at least should make many doubt their true intent.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Im not condoning Israels actions, but the author of this post said he verified the info with his iphone? Im not to sure if that suggests accurate fact finding. Just because you "researched" the info with your iphone doesnt mean the info is legit. There is much more cross referencing that needs to be done. It is impossible for any of us here on ATS to verify the account, let alone go on a fact finding mission the allows conclusive evidence to support that Israel was in the wrong.
Just because the media both televised or on the web suggests Israel was in the wrong doesnt mean it is so. Again, if it was a blatant attack on innocent people, Israel should pay the consequences.
Im suggesting before everyone points the finger, maybe we should wait to see what type of FACTS do develop.

Just saying is all~

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The American Jewish population also overwhelmingly supported Obama, one of the worse anti-sematics we have elected for President, so what does that say about the American Jewish population?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
I am an American Jew with a large Jewish family, living in a majority Jewish neighborhood (North East Coast).

You can claim to be anything and anyone. Doesnt mean a thing on the Internet. For all I know you could be posting from the HQ of the President of Iran.

Most of the Jews that I spoke with today, with the exception of one person, condemned the attack out-right. A few of my Jewish family members and neighbors had the wrong information about what took place. Most of them thought that the flotilla was in Israeli waters with some even thinking that the boats were full of Palestinian terrorists, bringing weapons into Gaza. After getting the facts straight and using my iPhone to source these facts, these few were horrified about what had happened with many of my elders actually getting angry that Israel would do such a thing.

"Only one person was pro Israel, and the others who also were, had the wrong information"

"Wrong" according to YOU.

The bloodthirsty Hamas terrorise the peaceful people of Israel every day and this incident was no different.

It just happened to hit the news because of a PR campaign by the flotilla passengers.

Dismissed.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SurefireII

The information was verified on the iPhone for those who were way off due to rumors. My phone, along with my other neighbors verified that the rumors of armed Palestinian terrorists boarded in Israeli waters, were absolutely false. Most people understood that but I guess you will run into some with comprehension problems.

You want everyone to wait until more facts develop? How about the fact of them being in international waters? How about the fact of them bringing humanitarian aid to women and children. How about the fact of Israeli gunboats opening fire on these ships? How about the fact of sending a commando raid? How about the fact that this is not the first or even second time Israel has done this and gotten away with it.

The truth is, Israel will most likely get away with this too as they have every other time they have done something similar or worse. We can wait until the cows come home, and it will make no difference. The facts are as clear as day, enough facts anyway and this is typical Israeli behavior.

TO THE PEOPLE WHO CLAIM ISRAEL WOULD HAVE JUST BOARDED AND LEFT: Israel launched a commando raid on that ship. You don't launch a commando raid to take down a ship, just to send them on the merry way a few hours later. Many people often say, "well, if they had only cooperated they would have been allowed to continue with their humanitarian aid, if they even had such aid". I say bull # because they launched a heli-born commando assault on the ship. That raid on the ship was meant to take it down, period.

--airspoon

reply to post by Eagleheart56

For an anti-semitic, Obama sure did appoint many Jews to positions of influence. I think it is crystal clear that Obama is beholden to Israel and Jewish industrialists just like Bush before him.

Also, I happen to be a libertarian and so never supported him. Many Jews in my neighborhood are completely disenchanted with Obama and all of his broken promises, so your generalization isn't always correct.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
throughout History Israel has been blessed by God, and for the most part they acted no better then the Gentiles. Even after Moses parted the Red Sea, they couldn't last 40 days while Moses received Gods Law, without screwing up. The Hebrews are not Gods chosen People because they are more worthy of his grace. The fact that Israel is still around proves That God favors them. I don't condone this, but I understand... when you get bombs lobed at you all the time, you might be a little quick to pull the trigger.
"If the Middle East lay down their Arms, there would be peace...
If Israel lay down their Arms, there would be no more Israel".

Wow if thats how god blesses a place I am cool with not being blessed at all.
Uhm your mixing faith and fact with your reply.
And everything is still around, nothing is gone really. Egypt, Rome, etc. All still here or are they blessed too?

Your statement "If the Middle East lay down their Arms, there would be peace...
If Israel lay down their Arms, there would be no more Israel"

There has been no Israel, its not lawful. It was taken from its proper owners.
The Jews get Israel back when the Native Americans get their land back. Fair? Its the same thing really, once race or group took it from another and held it.

Again I am over this crap, I am tired of fearing other peoples silly religious wars and I am very tired of the nuke issue due to it.

NOT MY GODS! either of them and I am tired of my friends and family and money and resources being wasted on this ignorant crap.

The actions of these "my god can beat up your god" a-holes affects us all and really I think I speak for a lot of us when I say FRACK OFF with your childish #e, grow up and COEXIST!

Ok that was my anger ball, built up after a long reading stent on all this.

ZIONISTS are the problem and the damned Jesuits.

Oh and Target Earth that was not ALL directed at you, just a little bit in the beginning. Most of it was blowing off steam about the topic. Thanks for your understanding. I am not flaming you at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

You can claim to be anything and anyone. ***Doesn't mean a thing on the Internet. For all I know you could be posting from the HQ of the President of Iran. (***Spelling corrected by airspoon)

You right, I could be a paid Iranian disinfo agent. I could also be a reptilian alien, commenting from the command center inside the hollow moon. If someone was willing to pay me for my comments, I would be extremely happy as it sure beats paying to do to write those comments (ISP charges).

Whether you believe me or not, doesn't really matter and in fact, me being Jewish has no bearing on the message put forth by this thread because I am but one person. I will admit that I am not religious though my family, including my children choose to be. The message here, is that American Jews in the greater NY area, at least from my experiences, are condemning this attack.

"Only one person was pro Israel, and the others who also were, had the wrong information"

"Wrong" according to YOU.

First of all, you are misquoting me, just as another poster did. That's not what I said and you shouldn't intentionally misquote because your agenda shines through, especially when another poster misquoted the same exact way.

This is what was said:

"Most of the Jews that I spoke with today, with the exception of one person, condemned the attack out-right. A few of my Jewish family members and neighbors had the wrong information about what took place. Most of them thought that the flotilla was in Israeli waters with some even thinking that the boats were full of Palestinian terrorists, bringing weapons into Gaza." --airspoon

What this means (in 3rd grade comprehension), is that most people had the correct information with only a few who didn't. those few people actually only the heard the rumors such as the flotilla being comprised of Palestinian terrorists and with a cargo of weapons for the purpose of arming Hamas. After deflating those rumors with only a small percentage of people, everyone that I spoke with condemned the attack, with the exception of one person. Most of the people at our Memorial Day celebrations (all Jewish) had the correct info and were condemning the attacks.

The bloodthirsty Hamas terrorize the peaceful people of Israel every day and this incident was no different.

Well, seeing how this is irrelevant since this had nothing to do with Hamas, relatively speaking, it doesn't matter. However, you have it backwards. Some people who choose to live in the direct vicinity of the Gaza prison camp may be frightened on occasion but those hail in comparison to the number of Palestinians who are being terrorized every single day through-out all of the Palestinian territories. It is the Palestinians who are watching their homes be destroyed... or taken over by Zionist settlers. It is the Palestinians being bombarded by Israel who have no problem with targeting women and children in an effort to terrorize. It is the Palestinians being oppressed, blockaded, deprived, tortured, imprisoned, beaten up and killed.

It just happened to hit the news because of a PR campaign by the flotilla passengers.

You don't think that it hit the news because thousands of people watched it live, as it was unfolding? You don't think that maybe it hit the news due to the stature of those onboard the flotilla and because their intent was clearly stated and well known, before the attack? Just maybe it hit the news because a developed nation, using American tax-dollars, decided to act like petty pirates and murder a bunch of innocent humanitarians before commandeering their vessel in international waters. Could you imagine if this was Iran? All of these Israeli apologists would have condemned it right off the bat. The sad thing is that Israel has a habit of doing this as it definitely isn't the first or second time.

It is clear that you have no idea what you are talking about. Hamas was formed for the sole purpose of dealing with Israeli terror and later became democratically elected by the people because of Israel's reign of terror. The few rockets that do enter into Israel via Gaza, are always as a result of the extremely harsh conditions that Israel imposes on them. If it were my family on the line, I'd fire rockets too.

Where do you get your info, FOX News... CNN maybe?? Maybe you even go directly to AIPAC??? Let's deny ignorance, not propagate it.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Most people on this site have bought into the lame main media interpetation of what happened, the Israelis have legal rights to investigate what comes into their territory, it was obvious to most with brains that the people onboard the ships had one thing in mind, to make Israel look bad, and if some were killed then too bad, after all these are the people that encourages their young to strap on bombs and kill as many Americans and Israelis as they can. Islam will not stop until the worldwide caliphate is created and all of you on the left need to understand that you will be among the first victims of the caliphate if it comes into being.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Eagleheart56

You don't investigate a ship by launching a commando air-assault raid onto the deck, with operators armed to the teeth. Furthermore, you don't investigate a ship/s by continuously firing at them with your Navy. Also, you certainly don't do this in international waters. Even Hitler didn't purposefully assault humanitarian vessels.

The thing about this, it was planned as the Israeli government met for hours on what to do about this flotilla. They decided on the Navy firing at the vessels and then an armed commando helicopter borne raid to take the ship and its passengers down. They had no intentions on "investigating", their intentions were to take that ship down. Come on, lets deny ignorance.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

I'm gnostic. I really don't give a rats butt about the so called "holy land".

You know, it's funny because I don't care about the "holy land" either, at least for spiritual reasons, though I do care about my fellow humans and will speak out when I see undue suffrage. Just to note: I do care about the "holy land" for historical and archeological reasons, but I care not whose flag flies over it.

I just look at it as if it were Texas, what would I do? (We're being invaded now but that's a different story).

Good, lets go with that. Lets say that it is a couple hundred years in the future and a certain group of people claims to be descendants of the Comanche, and thus due to religious reasons, the state of Texas belongs to them.

At first, they come in and buy a bunch of land for cheap, buying it extremely cheaply from the state government, pennies on the dollar. Then, they use their military to conquer more lands in Texas.

You come to a peace agreement with these people claiming to be descendants of the Comanche, where you can inhabit Galveston Island, San Antonio and the Sabine National Forest.

Then these people known as "Comanche2" from here on out, use their military to forcibly evict any Texans from their homes through-out all of Texas, except those areas named in your treaty. Mass migrations of people move to San Antonio, Galveston and the Sabine Forest but soon, the Comanche2 stop allowing people to move through their new territory. Hundreds of thousands of Texans now have to become refugees in the neighboring states, living in crowded refugee camps in these neighboring states, at least those who made it alive from the killing sprees that the Comanche2 went on. There are also millions of people crowded onto Galveston Island.

The Comanche2 decide that they aren't satisfied with the treaty they signed and they want San Antonio and Sabine back so they go into those areas and start evicting your fellow Texans. Whole families are thrown out onto the street as one or two fat Comanche2 people laugh as they walk by and occupy their homes. The Texans who are left in those areas aren't allowed to use the roads, they aren't allowed to use the shops or even the farms. If they leave either area, they will be refused entry coming back, leaving them homeless.

So, you are left with millions of people on Galveston Island and a few people in the Alamo complex with nowhere to grow food. The Comanche2 have a blockade around your island, not letting much needed supplies to get in. You are hungry, tired, dirty and cramped. The Comanche2 decide they want all of Texas back so they launch raids onto the island killing many each time. Sometimes they fly over and drop bombs. They control everything on Galveston Island and they make life as tough as possible. If you leave to go anywhere else, you will have to move into a refugee camp and you will be giving up your ancestral lands because you won't be allowed back. If only you can survive. Plus, you have no way to get anywhere else, you are on an island. These Comanche2 are making life impossible and the whole time they are doing it, they have the whole world against you because they are telling people that you are the one making life hard for them. They have the whole world fooled that it is you who are oppressing them. A few Texans who have decided that they won't take this sitting down have decided to launch rockets into clear lake though they rarely if ever hit anyone.

Now take this and multiply it by about 1000x and then add the fact that this is their holy-land, where Texas is not the Texan's holy land. It is crystal clear for anyone who has done any kind of unbiased research into this issue, that Israel is in the wrong. Because pro-Zionist types own and run the western media outlets, they can control what you learn about the situation.

--airspoon

p.s. - I'll respond to the rest of your post a little later.

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join