Originally posted by William Marshal
reply to post by TerribleTeam2
I support Israel. that said
1. Ok those folks signed on to break the blockade and willfully got on those ships to do so. They made a choice. So when the Israeli forces borded
them which they were incited to do and then 9 activist get killed. Do you say hey they chose to be there? It was their decision?
2. Fact is the Israeli's didnt figure that our progressive activist were that insane and they underestimated that insanity.
3. I'm not christian. But I would much rather see world governments ran by christians than muslims. This is a basic fight for human rights and
Islam's modern track record is aweful. So I'm for supporting the Jewish/Christian side. This is a huge game and our freedoms and liberties are at
stake. Islam is a juggernaut and it is hell bent on world domination. Although I dont want to think this way I do believe Islam is no religeon of
peace and only Evil will ever come from supporting it.
4. Plus that soldier that now has brain damage was probably conscripted. He may not have signed on so to speak.
FACT. The flotila and its crews went into harms way willfully. the Israelis brough paintball guns (with pepper gas balls probably). they were met by
radicals. And you guys blame Israel? wow.
Evil is evil and Islam/muslims are evil.
Note - I added numbers to your quote in order that my reply make more sense, and there is less confusion in what I am replying to. That said -
1. Yes, you are correct in saying that the Activists chose to be on board the vessel. There were also 3 Australian Journalists on board, one of which
was shot. They chose to be there, and they most likely knew the risks involved. And if they didn't well you are right, it is THEIR stupid fault for
not checking out the risks involved. As to whether they knew there was going to be a blockade before they go on board is pure speculation, unless I
2. Do you have a Medical/Psychological Degree and facts to back up this statement??
3. I would actually prefer that Religion stayed right out of Politics. Why??? Because if one Religion holds the Majority, then the rest are at a major
disadvantage. That, and the simple fact that no laws would pass, nothing would ever get decided upon etc., because each party and Religion would want
things THEIR way.
4. You are also right here in regards to Conscription. ALL Israeli's have to do a Mandatory 2 years Military Service if I can remember correctly. But
the simple fact is, if they were Special Operators, as claimed, then there is a fairly good chance that he wasn't a conscript, but a full time
Soldier. You will find, due to the money involved in training Special Forces, that to get into the Selection Course, you have to have a MINIMUM 2
YEARS Active Service in a Combat/Infantry Battalion. So that sorta throws the Conscript theory out the _ But if I am wrong, I apologise in
As for your FACT - well, that is debatable on the grounds that Israel could be blamed for putting them in harms way, yet it also could be the
Captain's fault for not stopping. So that is a 50/50 call.
Edit to just say - before when I mentioned Extenuating Circumstances re Captain denying Customs/Immigration Legally boarding a vessel, there is 1 that
I am aware of, and that is a Captain of an Oil Tanker, Gas Tanker, or Chemical Tanker can Legally deny a person the right to board if they are
carrying a Firearm of ANY KIND, due to safety reasons. This is one of the only times that the Captain will be in the right, and I have actually heard
of it happening when speaking to a Chief Officer I spoke to, who had it happen in America when Customs tried to board whilst carrying Pistols.
Other than that, it's a rarity......
[edit on 1-6-2010 by TerribleTeam2]
[edit on 1-6-2010 by TerribleTeam2]