It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jewish American reaction to attack on flotilla (we overwhelmingly condemn it)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I am an American Jew with a large Jewish family, living in a majority Jewish neighborhood (North East Coast). Today, I had the opportunity to gauge the Jewish American reaction to the recent attack on the flotilla bringing humanitarian aid to Gaza, while attending Memorial Day celebrations in my neighborhood.

Most of the Jews that I spoke with today, with the exception of one person, condemned the attack out-right. A few of my Jewish family members and neighbors had the wrong information about what took place. Most of them thought that the flotilla was in Israeli waters with some even thinking that the boats were full of Palestinian terrorists, bringing weapons into Gaza. After getting the facts straight and using my iPhone to source these facts, these few were horrified about what had happened with many of my elders actually getting angry that Israel would do such a thing.

I was actually surprised to see that many, if not most of my neighbors had the correct information on the incident and were angered by it. I heard all day about the holocaust and how Israel was stooping the level of the Nazis, in regards to both Gaza and the West Bank.

Many of the people condemning the attack are otherwise staunch supporters of Israel and Israel's policies towards Palestine. However, all but one person condemned the attack, calling it an act of terrorism on behalf of Israel. I don't see how Jewish supporters of Israel can see just how wrong this attack was, yet many people on this board somehow find the attack justified.

Please remember that many, if not most Jewish Americans, at least in my neck of the woods, are standing against Israel on this latest incident. Even staunch supporters of Israel and Israeli policies can't justify what took place last night.

--airspoon

Edited title.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by airspoon]

+12 more 
posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
More and more people are starting to realize that the beautiful religion of Judaism has been hijacked by murderous scum in israel.

More and more real Jews are starting to realize, that "God's Children" would never act that way, no matter how provoked!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well to be honest, its the Jewish people like you describe that I can completely justify defending against racial and political attacks. Surprisingly, it also seems that in my religious, right wing, neck of the woods; the Jews are the only ones against Israel's actions, while the Christians are completely for it.

Indeed, it is a mixed up world we live in.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
throughout History Israel has been blessed by God, and for the most part they acted no better then the Gentiles. Even after Moses parted the Red Sea, they couldn't last 40 days while Moses received Gods Law, without screwing up. The Hebrews are not Gods chosen People because they are more worthy of his grace. The fact that Israel is still around proves That God favors them. I don't condone this, but I understand... when you get bombs lobed at you all the time, you might be a little quick to pull the trigger.
"If the Middle East lay down their Arms, there would be peace...
If Israel lay down their Arms, there would be no more Israel".

+20 more 
posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

"If the Middle East lay down their Arms, there would be peace...
If Israel lay down their Arms, there would be no more Israel".

If Israel lay down their arms and continue the reign of terror over their neighbors and the Palestinians, then there would be no more Israel, however if Israel lay down their arms and quit terrorizing the Palestinians and their neighbors, then there would be peace.

It's simple really, they oppress the Palestinians and bully their neighbors. Other nations in the Middle East want nuclear weapons because Israel has nuclear weapons and unlike other Middle Eastern nations, Israel wouldn't hesitate to use those nuclear weapons. Israel brings the target upon herself.

--airspoon

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I know Israel wouldn't blink, before sending a nuke over, but I think I just like pulling for the little guy. (geographically speaking). and being a Christian... I have always sometimes blindly took their side... but If your a Jew, and I would imagine you to be a little more in the loop, then me, know their on the wrong side of stuff,well maybe they are... but I still believe Israel to be influenced by God, for good or bad.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Most Christians are in support of Israel because they don't know her policies or the consequences there of. www.ifamericansknew.org...

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

Most Christians are in support of Israel because they don't know her policies or the consequences there of. www.ifamericansknew.org...

--airspoon

What's sad is that I got a Born Again Christian Friend who deleted me in facebook simply because I critize IsraHELL

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Most people who are in support of Israel, do so because of pure ignorance but that ignorance is not really their fault. Our media and government is overwhelming pro-Israel and so never reports on the attrocities committed on behalf of Israel.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

More and more real Jews are starting to realize, that "God's Children" would never act that way, no matter how provoked!

Believe it or not, Jewish people are some of the biggest Israel and Zioniist protesters. We are shamed that our religion is being used to commit genocide against the holy people of Islam (Palestinians).

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
@ airspoon .

I really admire the way you stand up and tell it like it is . I saw the other days as well your contribution in many threads that were invaded by people defending Israel in their bloody actions, people that appeared out of nowhere , others that registered for this purpose only ,people that posted only in threads regarding Israel issues, people that aren't able to clearly judge for themselves and all arguments that are brought against their judgement is way over their power of understanding

Meanwhile i love love to see somekind of a poll among ATS members , a pool in which only members with registration dates before the event yesterday can vote , a pool that won't allow the same ip address top vote twice , a poll where ATS members can either condemn Israel action or defend them . I think the result will be overwhelming against the atrocity the IsReal... committed

I came from an ex-communist country and i can spot even the first attempts of propaganda.

I am getting involved myself , because the decisions or actions taken by the US government affect the life as we know it all over our planet.

If the moderators can put up such a poll like i mentioned it will be great , but i doubt it will happen.

Meanwhile anyone can take a look of what other members of the American Jewish society , or even people involved in the american ex government actions , believe about Israel's actions in general and about their influence in the US . I recommend this video to everyone : video.google.com...#

Once again airspoon , i admire your efforts in facing and confronting those favoring the killing spree of Israel that took place yesterday , those who can see only in front like horses, those who are either brainwashed or payed to post comments all over the world wide web spreading childish ideas backed up by humorous reasoning , those who have a limited power of understanding and resume at personal attacks and insults when they are confronted with real arguments and facts.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by charlie_the_loafer]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I dont condone israels actions in the middle east but lets face if if the israelies wernt fighting the paistinians they would be fighting us christians its only because their to busy hateing the israelies that they havnt got time to foucus on us

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
People of Jewish faith are no more responsible for the atrocities being commited by the state of Israel than are the people of Muslim faith are responsible for the acts of terror being commited by Hezbollah and Hamas.

Good to see reasonable people who are able to differentiate between faith and politics. What Israel did had nothing to do with religion and everything to do with brute force and intimidation.

Every decent man should be ashamed of the government under which he lives.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I see you are playing on the home boy Jew thing. Maybe it has some weight maybe not.

Everybody knows how the Israelis are about security and none of these running these humanitarian efforts are like the driven snow or anything.

With the US president working with holocaust deniers ect well Israle better look out for there own.

I dont hear anyone yelling out about Turkey crossing bourders to kill kurds. Who in the hell do they think they are?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well start lobbying then if you feel so bad about it. The only way this will stop if is enough jewish people decide that the tratment of gaza is wrong, and yes it does put you on a level with the nazis and for a race that harps on aboout the past so much the world expects better from you. Warmongering seems to be your only policy and its hard to find any sympathy for you guys now after the way you are carrying on. Fair play for coming out and saying this though, its a start.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

this is just more lies on top of lies. Typical jewish spin because the world is appalled again by israel. You can say your little bit about how US jews dont support this particular attrocity but how do you feel about mossad? and all the other terrible crap your country does to the world. You are just as bad as islam the only difference is islam hasn't had America playing bodyguard for it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

my posts got stopped.

Why?

Because I said these killers should die.

How dare these murderers kill innocent people?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Thanks for the read!

Due to my location, I have only met about 5-6 jewish people of my age group. This was mostly from University, but they were all pretty decent people and I still talk to a couple of them as friends. Its important to distinguish between the government and the people.

It doesn't matter what country you come from, or what religion you are, there are many normal good people out there from all sides. The problem isn't nationalism, religion, or race. The real problem is the weasels that get their way into positions of power.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

I see you are playing on the home boy Jew thing. Maybe it has some weight maybe not.

I think a good way to determine this is to analyze his post and his previous work.
I didnt detect anything that seemed to be "double-think" propaganda. The Jews Ive met are typically the same, they dont agree with everything their gov't does, just many other nationalities. also, check out his past threads, He's done some good work.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by breakingdradles

Believe it or not, Jewish people are some of the biggest Israel and Zioniist protesters. We are shamed that our religion is being used to commit genocide against the holy people of Islam (Palestinians).

--airspoon

www.jewsnotzionists.org...

Very true airspoon.
Star and flag.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join