It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaida's third in command reportedly killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Al-Qaida's third in command reportedly killed

www.msnbc.msn.com

Al-Qaida's number three — a co-founder of the terror network and Osama bin Laden's brother-in-law — has been killed in Pakistan's border area with Afghanistan, according to a statement attributed to the group that was posted on Islamist websites Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
afghanistan.blogs.cnn.com
en.wikipedia.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Al-Qaeda's leader Mustafa Abu al-Yazid believed to be dead.

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/31/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is Mustafa Ahmed Muhammad Uthman Abu al-Yazid, also known as Saeed al-Masri. He was al_Qaida's financial director.

This is at least the second time he has "died." He was supposedly also killed on August 13, 2008 in an airstrike in Bajaur.
The reports are saying that he possibly died last week and was killed in a strike by a US drone.

www.msnbc.msn.com

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I was about to point out this guy has supposedly been offed atleast once already.

Dead again, next month it'll be like weekend at Berny's.

Thank you mass media for keeping the boogymen alive, TPTB could'nt control the masses without your loyal support.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Yeah, it seems that there have been a lot of supposed terrorist figures that have been killed multiple times here lately.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I see that and I wonder why it is that only a small minority seem to notice this blatant error in unsubstantiated death rates among the alleged terrorists.

Sometimes I think that most people just dont care anymore. Perhaps that was the game plan all along. Use repeated scenarios ad nauseam until the masses develope apathy toward whatever agenda is set forth.

Personally such news goes against my grain in a very uncomfortable way. I joined the Army when I was brainwashed back in 2002, since then I have come to belive this war is an absolute farce extraordinaire. Knowing that puts me in the red zone where my temper is concerned in regards to my countries ridiculous administration, be they republican or democrat.

S&F by the way for bringing good points to the light.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by snowen20]

[edit on 31-5-2010 by snowen20]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Good thread.

But Asala beat you to the punch on this one.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Heh..I know. I even told him to remove my other thread on it. He beat me by like 15 mins earlier. He told me to redo mine and put it in here after I contacted him about it.
I do have a link to his thread on my original post at the top.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
deja vu wasn't this story like one year ago or two years ago?

I guess the media loves playing a dead's guy name on it, just so they can call it news.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

This is Mustafa Ahmed Muhammad Uthman Abu al-Yazid, also known as Saeed al-Masri. He was al_Qaida's financial director.

Really. How about that.

Am i the only one who gets the feeling that there are some in the propaganda machine who just make up names, or pick people with so many confusing and complicated aliases, that it looks like it is just made up?

I mean, there is no way i am taking their word for it that they killed some obscure guy in some obscure village. With so many reports being proven as outright lies, i don't believe a damned bit of it anymore. They may as well just not say anything. Seriously.

Or they could just keep doing what they are doing: blow up a random house, make up a name from an Arabian word salad, and then announce that you have taken out Al Qaeda's number "X" in command.

We are in an economic recession. Who the hell can afford war anymore? Let them club each other over the head all they want over there. We need to right the ship before we go saving anymore poor, nondemocratic souls.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

This is at least the second time he has "died." He was supposedly also killed on August 13, 2008 in an airstrike in Bajaur.
The reports are saying that he possibly died last week and was killed in a strike by a US drone.

www.msnbc.msn.com

I would think that if you wanted to claim that this guy has died at least once before then you would point towards some sort of evidence. Have you seen something or not? I am not going to take your word for it.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Styki]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Post the stories. The article gives a name, if you think this name has come up before then prove it. The story must be out there on the internet somewhere.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

Post the stories. The article gives a name, if you think this name has come up before then prove it. The story must be out there on the internet somewhere.

The threat has come from Mustafa Abu al-Yazid, who has risen Phoenix-like from the ashes because only last summer the Pakistani military, anxious no doubt to get the Americans off their back, announced that the al Qaida leader had been killed in fighting on August 13, 2008, in the Bajaur tribal area along the Pakistani-Afghan frontier.

www.telegraphindia.com...

Like i said, they just make this crap up.

edit: forgot to mention... the story linked is from Feb 10, 2009.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

I posted it in the wiki article link. It plainly says that he was supposedly killed in 2008.

new topics

top topics

join