It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Condemns Israel Over Aid Ship Attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
What gets me the most! is why our governemnt, especially hilalry clinton praises Israel! its mindless. almost as if she/they are part of some kinda of relgion thing with them or something. its time like this, we should ask our government/hilalry clinton...WHY are we giving our tax money to Israel? i think we want our money back on this one*

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
news.bbc.co.uk...

Video of Israeli forces being attacked.

Looks like these humanitarians weren't so peaceful after all.

And I swear at one point I saw an Israeli solider with a paint ball gun!

[edit on 31-5-2010 by ALOSTSOUL]

If i am in international waters, and you try to board my boat, i will likely attack you as well. I don't care if you are army, navy, or jesus walking on water. In international waters you do not board a boat you have no permission to board.

The IDF was out of line. You can only starve the Palestinian people for so long before you start to see increasing violence. The current situation is not a solution, nor will it lead to one. Supporting it is supporting tyranny. Par for the course for our government.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

The people on the cargo ship may have beaten the snot out of the commandos but Israel stepped in it this time. Not because a live-fire order was given, but because their commandos never should have been in a position where such an order would be needed or issued. There were any number of ways they could've handled this situation that wouldn't have resulted in a body count.

Finally someone who gets it thank you. I was beginning to think everyone is insane. The problem was Israel should have blocked the boat not boarded by force. They stop the boat if they wished to continue they would have submitted to an inspection.Other option is let them sale into Palestine they dont have a dock for unloading supplies so everything would have to be brought on shore by small boats stop them. The officers in charge should be court martialed for endangering everyone.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

If i am in international waters, and you try to board my boat, i will likely attack you as well. I don't care if you are army, navy, or jesus walking on water. In international waters you do not board a boat you have no permission to board.

The IDF was out of line. You can only starve the Palestinian people for so long before you start to see increasing violence. The current situation is not a solution, nor will it lead to one. Supporting it is supporting tyranny. Par for the course for our government.

Actually it is legal to board in international waters its maritime rules and they have been in effect for hundreds of years.

It was legal for Israel to board that ship.It is permissible to attack a neutral ship when the vessels are believed on reasonable grounds to be carrying contraband or breaching a blockade, and after prior warning they intentionally and clearly refuse to stop, or intentionally and clearly resist visit, search or capture.

Your question should be should they have. Theres 2 sides to this coin 1 if they decided to let them through even after warning ships of the blockade it ends the blockade because people know there not serious. The flip side stopping a group who are willing to use violence leads to bad press and people being killed. This was a lose lose situation for Israel.Im amazed how they keep putting themselves into situations where they have no control. At this point they deserve to lose there country just from stupidity.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Russia, France and China have called for an immediate end to the Gaza blockade.

Wonder if the will send their own flotilla?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Where would that leave the great US of A?

( i make fun but agree with your statements)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

You are likely correct. I am ignorant of maritime law.

regardless, coming aboard my property will likely be met with irrational force on my behalf. I wouldn't expect any different from another human.

I agree with your sentiments.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

And I swear at one point I saw an Israeli solider with a paint ball gun!

You might have.

www.king5.com...

A soldier identified only as a sergeant told reporters at a military briefing that the activists on board "were armed with knives, scissors, pepper spray and guns." He said he was armed only with a paintball rifle. "It was a civilian paintball gun that any 12-year-old can play with," he said. "I saw my friends on the deck spitting blood."

The high-seas confrontation was a nightmare scenario for Israel, which insisted its soldiers were simply unprepared for what awaited them on the Mavi Marmara, the ship carrying 600 of the 700 activists headed for Gaza. Instead of carrying their regular automatic rifles, the Israelis said they went in with non-lethal paintball guns and pistols they never expected to use.

I knew I saw a paintball gun! This article shows how Israel didn't intend to start any violence.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

If they didn't intend to start any violence, then they better have learned a lesson from this incident.

As mentioned by a previous poster, Israel so badly mismanages their own country, they don't deserve to have a country anymore.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I also fear that if Israel feels its being backed into a corner by the world it may feel its only salvation is in it nuclear arsenal.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by ALOSTSOUL]

The thing about Israels nuclear weapons is this. They got them from USA. Therefore if they ever use them then it is USA that will take the blame for letting them have them in the first place.

Think of a parent letting their child have something, then the child abuses it, what does the parent do when the authorities come knocking the door. They flip and scream and ground the child after taking the toys off them.

Same with Israel ... they are like a child of USA with a bunch of deadly weapons. If there was the slightist inclination that Israel was about to let one of those babies fly I reckon USA would nuke Israel first, or at least blow up all their nuclear installations before Israel got a chance to use them.

ie they would ground them.

There is no way the west are gonna stand by and let Israel go around nuking places.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I agree! I often wonder if Israel are trying to furfill a prophecy about their own destruction. I mean it seems they do everything in their power to make themselfs look like the bad guys.

Having said that I think Israel is just a chess piece in a much larger game.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I don't agree with Israel's actions here at all and condemn it myself, but something about this is bothering me. The world has condemned Israel for this attack and I understand that, but was there a world condemnation for the North Korean attack and sinking of a South Korean vessel and death of 9 south Koreans?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I think the difference is that the N.Koreans attacked the military asset of a nation they are technically at war with in disputed waters, while the Israeli's shot a bunch of civilians transporting food and medicine in international waters. It's a settle distinction, I know, but a distinction none the less.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I agree! I often wonder if Israel are trying to furfill a prophecy about their own destruction.

You got it backwards, there is NO such prophecy about Israels destruction, no such thing exists.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I wholeheartedly agree... those ops guys in charge of this little stunt need to be strung up. A naval blockade isn't that difficult a concept to grasp... the blockade of Cuba in the early 60s didn't escalate as much as this, and there were ships bearing down on the U.S. Navy carrying ICBMs and mobile launchers. This one was carrying mobile homes, food and antibiotics for Christ's sakes. How idiotic does that make the Israeli Government look?

For years I've defended the IDF and their seeming heavy-handedness. Whether you agree with its founding or not, Israel has been beset by more enemies more times and in more massive numbers than anyone since World War II... they're a tough-minded and decidedly paranoid people... IMO, justifiably so.

In the last 20 years however, Israeli military forces have done nothing but one thing after another to cause derision by those who would once have called themselves Israels supporters and allies. And now this? I admire Israel's resiliency and stoicism... but this time I really hope the Security Council takes some measure of action against the Likud in the Knesset. Boycotts, sanctions, just something besides a wagging finger and harsh language.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

Same with Israel ... they are like a child of USA with a bunch of deadly weapons.

Except that the UK was their actual parent.

en.wikipedia.org...

During World War I, British Foreign Secretary Arthur Balfour issued what became known as the Balfour Declaration, which "view[ed] with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people". At the request of Edwin Samuel Montagu and Lord Curzon, a line was also inserted stating "it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country".[61]

The Jewish Legion, a group of battalions composed primarily of Zionist volunteers, assisted in the British conquest of Palestine. Arab opposition to the plan led to the 1920 Palestine riots and the formation of the Jewish organization known as the Haganah (meaning "The Defense" in Hebrew), from which the Irgun and Lehi paramilitary groups split off.[62] In 1922, the League of Nations granted the United Kingdom a mandate over Palestine under terms similar to the Balfour Declaration.[63] The population of the area at that time was predominantly Arab and Muslim, with Jews accounting for about 11% of the population.[64]

Everyone always forgets that little tidbit.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join