It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret powers of time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I posted here because I believe this has more philosphical implications.

I have a couple questions.

Where does an enlightened person register on this scale? Nowhere?

What is a more healthy way to think along these lines?

The part that made me laugh was where the poet said there is no word for future.

Thank you for your time I appreciate your comments

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is so true and important issue, people want to achieve more and more all the time, and before you know it you end up losing sleep and don't have time for family & friends.

Where does an enlightened person register on this scale? Nowhere?
What is a more healthy way to think along these lines?

Live in the now? All else is pure speculation.
What happened, happened.
What will happen, happens.
What happens Now is up to you.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I liked this video. It helps draw out how our environment affects us.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Great video, I try to live in the present but it is difficult at times not to think about negative things from the past. Animals live in the present almost totally. I wonder if it's possible to live completely in the present moment not as a result of losing one's mind of course.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bently
Great video, I try to live in the present but it is difficult at times not to think about negative things from the past. Animals live in the present almost totally. I wonder if it's possible to live completely in the present moment not as a result of losing one's mind of course.

I think Bently is right about animals living mostly in the present - certainly not thinking about the future at all. But they do learn and so maybe they are thinking somewhat about the past - hmmm.

We are another story. I think that what makes us so intelligent is that we have a tremendous capacity to remember. I have heard that we store memories of almost everything that we have ever experienced in our lives but we just have trouble accessing that information sometimes.

So I think that we certainly don't want to live only in the present, never thinking about the past - we'd make the same mistakes over and over (maybe this DOES describe some people at that). Also, if we lived without thinking about the future, we would never save any money or even buy food except for the meal we're currently eating.

Just some of my humble thoughts

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I suspect this person who made these videos is following a different theme of things he kinda bends understandings to support the delusional understandings in some of his videos. However some of the concepts that he puts forth are mind blowing to me. I never thought it was my concept of time that was causing me so much trouble in my life.

Thanks for all your responses I appreciate it I was starting to feel neglected lol jk. Take care guys and I look forward to reading more stuff in this specific forum. Have a good day

new topics

top topics

join