It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 25 bodies found in abandoned mine in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Up to 25 bodies found in abandoned mine in Mexico

news.bbc.co.uk

Between 20 and 25 bodies, thought to be the victims of drug gang violence, have been found in an abandoned silver mine in southern Mexico, officials say.

The bodies appeared to have been thrown down a 200m (650ft) ventilation shaft over a period of time, police said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
www.google.com

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This is frightening.

A majority of stories coming out of Mexico paint a very horrific picture of corruption, cruelty and escalating violence.

I think these sort of dire issues would be better addressed by Mexican President Felipe Calderon, while in America as opposed to simply focusing on the immigration issue and Arizona.

Heads of police officers are being set up on pikes for goodness sake.

There is a reason people are leaving his Country and those problems need to be fixed. Very soon they will continue to become a larger one for all of North America.

- Lee

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is a nightmare. How could the country let things get so bad? Yes, something must be done for sure.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Legalize drugs. Take the market from the cartels once and for all. The violence will drop dramatically. We will never see it because too many people in government profit from prohibition.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I am sorry but you have to be incredibly naive to think they are going to say "oh drugs are legal so let's go legit!" ... no they will just move on to another criminal enterprise and they will be killing people over that.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Agreed.. but can't we assume they could make a nice little chunk of change off of legalization as well? I'm sure not as much, but hell..

Where there's corruption there's a way.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
**UPDATE**

Number of bodies up to 55 now!

Mexico 'mass grave' in abandoned mine has 55 bodies

Mexican police say 55 bodies have been recovered from an abandoned mine that appears to have been used as a mass grave by drugs gangs.

Human remains were first discovered in the silver mine near Taxco in Guerrero state at the end of May.

The bodies appeared to have been thrown down a 200m (650ft) ventilation shaft over a period of time, police said.

Earlier reports that 77 bodies had been recovered were mistaken, officials said.

Only six have so far been identified - one was the director of a local prison.

Guerrero state is a focal point for drug-related violence that has claimed more than 22,000 lives in Mexico since 2006. BBC news

Wow.

- Lee

[edit on 7-6-2010 by lee anoma]

new topics

top topics

join