It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the World Need a Nuclear War in Order to Have Peace?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hi everyone, with all the worrying news developments lately involving Turkey, Israel, Palestine, N.Korea, S.Korea, Iran, Syria etc....

i'm just wondering, will we ever have peace on Earth, or will it only come about due to a Nuclear War which will result in Billions of Deaths?

A Nuclear war may be the only thing thats massive enough and scary enough to shock and pound everyone into a submission for good.

Your Thoughts please...

G.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yes there will be peace on Earth after a nuclear war because there will be nothing left no people, no animals, no plants, no nothing. Just barron wastelands.

Damn if thats the only way we achieve peace then I hope we go on fighting forever!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Well, i know it's bleak, but you have to admit things are getting very bad at the moment and we never learn to live in peace.

Maybe after a nuke War there will be pockets of survivors who will have no choice but to live in peace.

It may be the only way we will ever truly have ultimate peace here on Earth.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Even if there were survivors they would use any means necessary to aquire the basic necssities of survival. So there still wouldn't be peace.
Peace is unattainable as long as there are human

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

Maybe after a nuke War there will be pockets of survivors who will have no choice but to live in peace.

The problem with this is that under the rule of "survival of the fittest" and human nature itself people will keep on fighting each other to survive. Can you imagine what the world would be like after a nuclear war? Any survivors would be mentally scared perhaps to the point of insanity.

Compared to this the world now doesn't seem so bad.

Have you seen the film The Road?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Like others have said, as long as people exist there will never be true peace that people want to believe in. If there is one person that disagrees with another there will always be a chance of wars, fights, whatever.

The only way I can see true peace is if everyone had everything that everyone else had and if everyone looked exactly the same and everyone thought exactly the same way. Then there would no greed, jealousy, etc. because everyone would be the same.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Have people forgotten these days what a nuclear winter would be like?

At best, a few isolated pockets of humanity would survive, but they'd be only savages after a few generations of struggling in those conditions.

If you saw 2 people fighting, would you consider it reasonable to shoot them both dead to protect them from violence?

Any written history of a modern nuclear war will be painted onto cave walls.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Your questions may be answered by a simple video game called Fallout 3. Lots to choose from like how life will be, a fight for survival and the fact that war never changes. Eventhough its fictional it gives some ideas about what to worry about when looking for the basics to survival. Peace is something that has to be earned not won with a lottery ticket.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Sadly there will never be peace.

Not among humanity. Not among animals. Not even the physical universe.

One human generation shocked into peace, will be replaced with another that cares nothing for the lessons of the past.

Animals compete for resources, territory, and survival.

Even the earth itself violently quakes and erupts with volcanoes.

The sun bursts with solar flares and one day it will go nova, destroying most of the Solar system in the process.

There will never be peace in this world.

Only among the dead does peace exist.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think the only way we will find some sort of peace amongst eachother is if we were invaded by aliens. Far fetchedI know but a common enemy would unite us all.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
we might have had one before in ancient times.

So the answer is no.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There are many that don't believe that biblical prophesy is being fulfilled before their very eyes.
Our Lord Jesus Christ told us that because of mans terrible sins against G_D,
GOD will punish man with war.
Will it sure looks like the last one is coming into fruition.
We have all heard it, and read it all before.
Some condemn the Bible, some believe it.
Come Lord Jesus Christ!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
we might have had one before in ancient times.

So the answer is no.

Yes and didn't we unite back then? Isn't there a story about Humans uniting against the Anunnki? If its true then its been a very long time, we have no one to fight but eachother.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

I must disagree !

Once there was a time man was united and this way man was capable of their imagination to become reality.

Then God said 'Let us go down and screw up there languages so they can not understand each other and spread across the Earth.

Something with a tower.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is the type of thread that needs to be closed....

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
I think the only way we will find some sort of peace amongst eachother is if we were invaded by aliens. Far fetchedI know but a common enemy would unite us all.

I was thinking the same thing, but having to unite to fight a greater enemy doesn't give the world peace, it just gives everyone a common enemy.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

I understand that, I ment peace among men.

But you right it still isn't peace.

oh and NWOWILLFALL what makes you say that?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Ah yes the tower of Babel I completely forgot about this.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Man makes their own fate. Your god isn't punishing us with wars but man is making their own wars to satisfy their own agendas. If I were to start a war against someone, it's not because of god but because of my own beliefs and such. Using a god as an excuse is just another escape for people from believing they're causing their own suffering and downfall. A god would let man control their own destinies, they're not babysitters.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Is it ok if they nuke you, your family, and friends?
Think about how many people will die not even from the initial blast but the radiation that travels 100 some odd miles outward...Think about all that, and if you conclude that a nuclear war is justified that's not right, nukes should never have been created and they should disable all immediately...but no our masters need them to strike fear on the public.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by NWOWILLFALL]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join