It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel braces for Turkish, Hizballah, Hamas reprisals. Greece halts joint drill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Sorry double post

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Interfacer]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by UndergroundMilitia

Originally posted by invisibleman11
yup, get ready for response attacks. the middle east is a litteral powder keg and when something like this attack is over dramatized by the media, in context to what happens everyday around the world, there are militants just salivating because the world will feel sympathy for them as they launch rockets into israeli civilian neighborhoods. perfect propaganda and rationalization for comming attacks! (hint of sarcasm).

Over dramatized? The "media" was reporting from the deck of that ship with wounded people and scumbag IAF thugs firing on the non-combatant vessel in international waters. Where's the over dramatization? Screw Israel, I have no sympathy for them what-so-ever. Where do you get your news from anyway, Haartz? How about your history lessons???

So I guess you didnt see the video then?

www.youtube.com...

(Warning Violent Content)

Go head and tell me these where non combatants that isreal fired on? All they had to do was let isreal check for weapons. Instead They tried to rip the IDF soldiers apart with metal poles. One idf got thrown down to a mob on the 1st deck head first.

Let me ask you this question. Your government asks you to enforce a blockade wether you agree with it or not as a soldier you are going to do the mission, Imagine being asked to fast rope onto a boat to search for weapons and your fellow soldiers are being murdered are you gonna leave the safety on??? Not saying I agree with the Israeli govt but I would have done the same thing in their shoes!!! I dont care who tries to bash me I stand by that statement.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Interfacer]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The worst case scenario is that Israel gets left standing by themselves. Either their allies do the Pontius Pilate and wash their hands and turn their backs, or they decide not to be allies anymore.
A lone country with nukes is a very dangerous thing.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
It would take all the surrounding neighbors in the middle east to focus a coordinated attack on Israel for any of them to stand a chance, and even if that happened the chance is slim. Israel might not be the biggest, but they are armed to the teeth and have a long history of surviving the odds.
If any nation attempts to go at them alone, it will only anger them more and I think most nations in the middle east know this. That's why only a few bands of "terrorists" have had the balls to stand up to them while hiding out in the neighboring countries all the while.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Interfacer

Star for you. Amazing (and truly sad) how the people here on ATS always choose to ignore the facts and truth about what really goes on, all the while calling the Israelis terrorists and stating they only want war. It's the other way around people.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by Nomad451
www.presstv.ir...

www.catholic.org...

beta.thehindu.com...

uktodaynews.com...

This could turn out to be the real spark people.

Yikes.

The Turks were warned 2 weeks ago not to run the blockade, but they want war. Now the king of the north will attack Israel.
Bring it Lord Jesus Christ!

I am pretty sure when Jesus comes the likes of you will be the first he will get rid of.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Final Solstice

This will happen and of course it's the fondest wish of the muslim world. The Bible already prophesies this and tells us the outcome, from Zech. 12

1 This is the word of the LORD concerning Israel. The LORD, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man within him, declares: 2 "I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. 3 On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves. 4 On that day I will strike every horse with panic and its rider with madness," declares the LORD. "I will keep a watchful eye over the house of Judah, but I will blind all the horses of the nations. 5 Then the leaders of Judah will say in their hearts, 'The people of Jerusalem are strong, because the LORD Almighty is their God.'
6 "On that day I will make the leaders of Judah like a firepot in a woodpile, like a flaming torch among sheaves. They will consume right and left all the surrounding peoples, but Jerusalem will remain intact in her place.

7 "The LORD will save the dwellings of Judah first, so that the honor of the house of David and of Jerusalem's inhabitants may not be greater than that of Judah. 8 On that day the LORD will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the Angel of the LORD going before them. 9 On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem.

I would recommend leaving Israel alone. Unfortunately I suspect that the stealth muslim in the white house will join in the invasion party if it happens now.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

I definitely agree. We don't know what it's like to be Israel surrounded by a bunch of loons who all hate them and have stated before that they want them blown off the map, yet people still like to come here and spew uneducated rhetoric behind the safety of their computers about how Israel is the big bully in the land.

Put your self in Israel's shoes people.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Final Solstice]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Final Solstice
reply to post by pjslug

I definitely agree. We don't know what it's like to be Israel surrounded by a bunch of loons who all hate them and have stated before that they want them blown off the map, yet people still like to come here and spew uneducated rhetoric behind the safety of their computers about how Israel is the big bully in the land.

Put your self in Israel's shoes people.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Final Solstice]

i personally feel that isreal has a point to prove to the world. they want to go down in history as one of the baddest country to have ever existed and their military was/is unmatched by the modern world.

it's funny how all would condemn north korea for doing nothing and side with isreal for obvious crimes.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
reply to post by Interfacer

Star for you. Amazing (and truly sad) how the people here on ATS always choose to ignore the facts and truth about what really goes on, all the while calling the Israelis terrorists and stating they only want war. It's the other way around people.

I have been a follower of ATS a couple years before I became an active poster. It seems conspiracy hungry jew haters have taken over the boards here.

What ever happened to being analytical and looking at the facts? Honestly that's why I do not post as often as I used to. Its a shame people are so biased as to throw a country that's innocent under the bus. I'm not saying Israel doesn't do some nasty things, but its not like its without provocation although many of you make it look that way.

Its nice to see some objective thinkers and you sir deserve a star for looking at the facts along with the poster that posted the video.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
reply to post by Final Solstice

This will happen and of course it's the fondest wish of the muslim world. The Bible already prophesies this and tells us the outcome, from Zech. 12

1 This is the word of the LORD concerning Israel. The LORD, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man within him, declares: 2 "I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. 3 On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves. 4 On that day I will strike every horse with panic and its rider with madness," declares the LORD. "I will keep a watchful eye over the house of Judah, but I will blind all the horses of the nations. 5 Then the leaders of Judah will say in their hearts, 'The people of Jerusalem are strong, because the LORD Almighty is their God.'
6 "On that day I will make the leaders of Judah like a firepot in a woodpile, like a flaming torch among sheaves. They will consume right and left all the surrounding peoples, but Jerusalem will remain intact in her place.

7 "The LORD will save the dwellings of Judah first, so that the honor of the house of David and of Jerusalem's inhabitants may not be greater than that of Judah. 8 On that day the LORD will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the Angel of the LORD going before them. 9 On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem.

I would recommend leaving Israel alone. Unfortunately I suspect that the stealth muslim in the white house will join in the invasion party if it happens now.

You're using "Bible Prophecy" to argue a Geopolitical debate?

This is the problem with much of the world. You thump your books, others thump theirs. All based on teachings from 2,000 year old DEAD MEN and unproven PSYCHIC meanderings.

You stand on a BOOK to reconcile your views of the political world. How can you be so irresponsible? How can you overlook the reality of what happens in the PRESENT DAY?

Is everything is just dismissed by "belief" so you can feel better about your collective ideas?

It's 2010 and we have people STILL quoting "prophecy" as a rationale for political issues. It's truly scary, because I know there are BILLIONS who believe as you do who hold positions of power. All while making decisions that endanger the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Apparently, the BBC is reporting that Israel has ordered an information blackout on the folks that were on the boat as well...

If there's no wrong-doing, there's nothing to censor or suppress. That'd be my stand with ANY government on Earth - including, and especially - ours.

BBC Source

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
"....as long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be war." Not sure who said it but its from the documentary film, Earthlings.

It is very difficult, especially of late, to decipher the truth from all the misinformation and deliberate disinformation out there, some is just pure BS. Those with real eyes for this can easily identify fact - real eyes realize real lies. And yes, they have been fighting "on and off" for more than two thousand years so realistically, I'm at peace with them all blowing the crap out of each other so peace has a chance to prosper finally. The thing which taints that thought is the massive loss of innocent life.

They say (probably even TPTB) that you can wish in one hand and s*#t in the other. One's gonna fill up first...

Rhetorical question I know but when the hell are we, the people, finally gonna stand up, be heard and take control of business. Make the warmonger overlords including businesses that profit from war, certain politicians/judges/magistrates/organisations/unions, etc. accountable for THEIR actions which includes the whole damn posse. Not sure if you have noticed, but WE, the people outnumber them by a few billion.... I've been taught and firmly believe that killing is bad. And a more uniform version would be "Thou shalt not kill." I bite my thumb at religion but the stories within the pages of some texts can be of virtue. Same could be said for politics. They are funny bed-fellows....

Don't forget people, when IT hits the fan: duck and cover.
See yaz.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This video just in on NEWS.COM.AU from the IDF showing a boarding party being attacked :

www.news.com.au...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
To those zionist apologists I would say your memories are both short and selective.

Up until 1918, from many centuries before, the piece of land now deliniated on maps as Israel was controlled by Turkey as part of the Ottoman Empire.

Take a quick read through this to see just how powerful and influential the empire was.

Also notice the importance of Turkey and the influence it maintained as a buffer between east and west. It was an ally of Britain and in the end Turkey gave away Palestine to Britain.

It is thanks to this move that Israel was able to be created in the first place.

Does anyone really believe that cultures that go back centuries and have fought fiercely with many rivals give a sh1t about some upstart state created 60 years ago out of nothing ?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by guavas
Apparently, the BBC is reporting that Israel has ordered an information blackout on the folks that were on the boat as well...

If there's no wrong-doing, there's nothing to censor or suppress. That'd be my stand with ANY government on Earth - including, and especially - ours.

BBC Source

Why would Israel want to give these lunatics publicity? So they can spread more hate and lies?

I have relatives that moved from the U.S. to Israel about 20 years ago. I always wondered how they could possibly live in constant fear of being attacked. They explained to me that if they lived in fear, they could not live there. They can't always look around their backs wondering if a bomb is going to go off.

They love their country and the people that contribute to the prosperous nation. They would never move back to the U.S. Israelis took a small piece of land in the middle of the desert and made it a thriving community. They are extremely technologically advanced and many achievements in science and medicine have come from that country. Sure, they have gotten financial help from the U.S. So have a lot of other countries.

The truth is that these other Arab nations are jealous of what Israel has accomplished and want to destroy them because of it. Palestinians have had chances to make their own thriving communities but instead have devoted their efforts towards hate mongering and martyrdom -- don't take my word for it, ask the thousands of Palestinians that have moved to Israel and were welcomed there with open arms.

This site is supposed to encourage the denial of ignorance. Ignorance is at an all time high here and I find myself in awe of the absurd posts I've seen of late, on all parts of ATS. Please, if you find the need to spread hate and lies refrain from posting. It doesn't do any of us any good.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Emergency meeting of NATO today (Tuesday), at Turkey's request.

www.abc.net.au...

Turkey will probably be told to back off and told in not so many words that if it finds it self in a confrontation with Israel that it shouldn't expect NATO assistance.

If Turkey is looking for someone to have their back, they are better off looking to Syria, Iran, Hezbolah and Hamas.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
So why did all these wonderful peace loving Israeli soldiers, commit piracy and murder on the high seas in international waters ?

Suppose a boat load of jews was attacked and butchered at sea by special forces of a foreign military.
The Jews would be the very first to scream hatred and antisemitism.

But when Israel commits a never ending string of false flag operations, war crimes and atrocities, it is always the whining downtrodden misunderstood jewish victim mentality we hear about..

I really hope that both the UN and NATO have something to say about this, and start placing some sanctions with real teeth upon Israel with boycotts and blockades.

I believe the tide of world opinion is now turning against Israel. And it is hight time that it did..
The world is becoming tired of Israels never ending lawlessness, terrorism, and aggression, and always against civilians.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

Also notice the importance of Turkey and the influence it maintained as a buffer between east and west. It was an ally of Britain and in the end Turkey gave away Palestine to Britain.

It is thanks to this move that Israel was able to be created in the first place.

Britain fought the Ottomans during the first world war with the Arabs as allies(and Frence, Italians, Australians, ect), remember Lawrence of Arabia? They then knocked the Turks back and the allies occupied Turkey before Attaturk liberated Turkey(the country you know now to be Turkey that is).

When did Turkey give anything away? As I recall it they had no choice in the matter. Maybe you have a different version of history?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug

Originally posted by guavas

BBC Source

Why would Israel want to give these lunatics publicity? So they can spread more hate and lies?

I have relatives that moved from the U.S. to Israel about 20 years ago. I always wondered how they could possibly live in constant fear of being attacked. They explained to me that if they lived in fear, they could not live there. They can't always look around their backs wondering if a bomb is going to go off.

They love their country and the people that contribute to the prosperous nation. They would never move back to the U.S. Israelis took a small piece of land in the middle of the desert and made it a thriving community. They are extremely technologically advanced and many achievements in science and medicine have come from that country. Sure, they have gotten financial help from the U.S. So have a lot of other countries.

The truth is that these other Arab nations are jealous of what Israel has accomplished and want to destroy them because of it. Palestinians have had chances to make their own thriving communities but instead have devoted their efforts towards hate mongering and martyrdom -- don't take my word for it, ask the thousands of Palestinians that have moved to Israel and were welcomed there with open arms.

This site is supposed to encourage the denial of ignorance. Ignorance is at an all time high here and I find myself in awe of the absurd posts I've seen of late, on all parts of ATS. Please, if you find the need to spread hate and lies refrain from posting. It doesn't do any of us any good.

1. this is a conspiracy site - information blackout? Erm..hellow?
2. this was an update to the story as a whole.
3. after watching this unfold for the past 36 hours or what-not, I promise you that I do not trust EITHER side as far as I could throw them.
4. if it's all lies, why worry? If people started saying things about Obama that clearly weren't true, the people who would buy it wouldn't buy the truth anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join