It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Israel braces for Turkish, Hizballah, Hamas reprisals. Greece halts joint drill

page: 1
37
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Israel braces for Turkish, Hizballah, Hamas reprisals. Greece halts joint drill


www.debka.com

reports from Ankara that the Turkish government is planning to continue pounding the Israeli blockade with more flotillas and have them escorted by Turkish warships and fighter jets. Israel merchant vessels moored outside Ashdod port have been instructed to sail into port and take shelter in case of missile attacks from the Gaza Strip against Ashdod and Ashkelon. Israeli security forces are preparing for the Lebanese Hizballah and Palestinian Hamas to go back to shooting missiles and rockets against Israeli towns, in support of the seaborne attack on Israeli commandos. The police are also on s
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I see the 70 some page thread on here about the flotilla and most of it is just arguing back and forth about the event. Its a moot point. It has happened....now lets speculate on what the fall-out may be. Looks like things could get VERY interesting if Turkey does indeed send more flotillas but this time with armed escort.

Also i would think its a matter of time before the rockets of Hamas and Hezbollah begin flying. This could be it.......

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
yup, get ready for response attacks. the middle east is a litteral powder keg and when something like this attack is over dramatized by the media, in context to what happens everyday around the world, there are militants just salivating because the world will feel sympathy for them as they launch rockets into israeli civilian neighborhoods. perfect propaganda and rationalization for comming attacks! (hint of sarcasm).



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well I suspect that when Turkey send more floatillas with armed escorts they will clash with Israeli forces, setting the stage for war between Turkey and Israel.

Hamas and Hezbollah will continue firing rockets into Israel. The palestinians will take advantage of this and stort another up-rising.

I wonder when Iran will join the game? Perhaps when they acquire nuclear arms.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Turkey and its people are really on an important crossroad in their history, going east or west..WHatever may happen i don't think the European and North American allies are going to side with Turkey if they choose east and actually fight Israel.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Not another war in the Middle East. will there ever be peace in the world?


+15 more 
posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao
 



if they choose east and actually fight Israel.


I don't think they want a fight, it's Israel who wants a fight.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace
 




Israel merchant vessels moored outside Ashdod port have been instructed to sail into port and take shelter in case of missile attacks from the Gaza Strip against Ashdod and Ashkelon.


erm ... call me crazy, but if people are firing rockets over the border, wouldnt the BEST place to be located not be out at sea! ?!?!

the mind boggles!



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Emergency meeting of NATO today (Tuesday), at Turkey's request.

www.abc.net.au...



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well lets get the ball rolling.

I would think that this situation will continue to escalate and it may lead to yet another war in the middle East. Only this time I think Israel is gonna get its ass handed to them and they may be forced to use Nukes. When they do Iran and rest of the Arab nations will retaliate.

That may force the US to get involved and that will no be good for us at all.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
My guess is that out at sea they may be sitting sucks as Hamas and Hezbo (for sure) has rockets now that can attack ships. At port there may be more cover.




Originally posted by boaby_phet
reply to post by princeofpeace
 




Israel merchant vessels moored outside Ashdod port have been instructed to sail into port and take shelter in case of missile attacks from the Gaza Strip against Ashdod and Ashkelon.


erm ... call me crazy, but if people are firing rockets over the border, wouldnt the BEST place to be located not be out at sea! ?!?!

the mind boggles!



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN
 


I have always thought that "The next war in the middle east will be with nukes" to be highly unlikely. A war has to progress to such a point that one side faces total destruction before a nuclear weapon is used and i'm pretty sure that the US and the UN will not let Israel use nukes.

Having said that Israel might dismiss any orders given to them by the US and UN if provoked enough by the Arab nations. I hope not.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

www.catholic.org...

beta.thehindu.com...

uktodaynews.com...

This could turn out to be the real spark people.

Yikes.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Haven't heard anything from Iran yet ... not sure if that's good or bad.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by SWCCFAN
 

I have always thought that "The next war in the middle east will be with nukes" to be highly unlikely.




Really?
Ackmahandajob now has enough enriched material for two nukes. He has been quoted several times that he wants to start WWIII to bring in the last imam.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
www.presstv.ir...

www.catholic.org...

beta.thehindu.com...

uktodaynews.com...

This could turn out to be the real spark people.

Yikes.


The Turks were warned 2 weeks ago not to run the blockade, but they want war. Now the king of the north will attack Israel.
Bring it Lord Jesus Christ!



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


The truth is I don't think Iran will get nuclear arms before they are invaded. As soon as it is confirmed that Iran is close ( by close I mean within weeks) to getting a nuke the US will invade, taking away any plans that Israel may have about using nukes.


+2 more 
posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


The "King of the North" already attacked Israel (Palestine). They are called Khazars and they have people like you calling them Jews.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace
 


Hamas and Hezbollah can't do much. Most of them are dead, without arms, or hiding. So remove them from the picture. I doubt Greece will ever get involved. That's a joke. Egypt will be angry, not much. Turkey is pretty much the only one capable of attack and Iran has been amusingly silent.

So turkey stands alone. And until further allies are found, the 6th day war speaks for itself. Turkey will probably back down. They are peaceful, usually neutral, and quite modern. There is no reason for them to get involved other than a petition of anger due to a few deaths from their nation.

I doubt anything at all. If anything, maybe a small conflict that the UN will halt soon after.

Relax.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hezbo cant do much? They have over 40,000 rockets aimed at Israel LOL. You saw what happened a few summers ago right and that was only a few thousand rockets at most. Now they have rockets/missiles that can cover the whole of Israel. And thats just Hezbo.



Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by princeofpeace
 


Hamas and Hezbollah can't do much. Most of them are dead, without arms, or hiding. So remove them from the picture. I doubt Greece will ever get involved. That's a joke. Egypt will be angry, not much. Turkey is pretty much the only one capable of attack and Iran has been amusingly silent.

So turkey stands alone. And until further allies are found, the 6th day war speaks for itself. Turkey will probably back down. They are peaceful, usually neutral, and quite modern. There is no reason for them to get involved other than a petition of anger due to a few deaths from their nation.

I doubt anything at all. If anything, maybe a small conflict that the UN will halt soon after.

Relax.


[edit on 31-5-2010 by princeofpeace]



new topics

top topics



 
37
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join