It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statue of Liberty Sold for Scrap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
May 31, 2110

The dismantling of the Statute of Liberty was completed yesterday. Earlier this month, the feudal lord of New York sold the Statue of Liberty for scrap to a Bolivian metal recycler. The fiefdom of New York was short on funds after marauders from New Jersey plundered the feudal Lord's palaces on 5th Avenue.

Opinions about the dismantling are mixed. Critics of the move claim the Feudal Lord sold the Statue of Liberty for too low a price.The Bolivians received a price for the copper that was 65& less than the price copper was trading for on the Shanghai Stock exchange.

Brooklyn resident Myra Rodriguez said, "The Statue of Liberty was a symbol that we were once a mighty and proud nation. It is sad to see it go."

A staffer for the feudal lord, Angelus Watkins offered a different opinion. "We need the money now. We got to get our rims dipped and get some ice. I cannot be walking around town with a 2 carat ring...you know what I'm saying."

This is not the first time a former American National treasure was sold to a foreign investor. The Beijing National Museum bought what remained of the Smithsonian's collection, including the original copy of the United States' Declaration of independence which had been stained by the feces of a beggar. A Fillipino Art collector bought the Liberty Bell from the feudal Lord of New Jersey in exchange for three new automobiles with gold plated disco balls. The Feudal Lord of Disney sold the golden gate bridge for scrap to an Iranian Consortium.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You have no source so I am calling this bs
HOAX

Plus let them try dismantling it even if it ever happens becuase every American will kill the people dismantling it.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by slipknotrules2009]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Ooookay,
So did you dream this? Speculation? Any clues at all to why you posted this?

The Feudal Lord of Disney

Lol. Would that be in Orlando, California, or Paris........?

[edit on 31/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I am betting this is some kind of BS of the highest degree. Who starts
this sort of nonsense? Is this some sort of cruel Memorial day joke?
Why would you post this? Are you morbidly insane?

[edit on 31-5-2010 by endtimer]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You wouldn't happen to be Sorchal Fahal would you?

... aka David Booth?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yes and England has sold London bridge to the Americans

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Its true they are scraping the country.

articles.latimes.com...

Throughout the state -- the Inland Empire, suburban housing tracts, farms, the streets of urban Los Angeles -- thieves are stealing manhole covers, gardening tools, bicycles, nuts and bolts from hydrants, freeway signs, agricultural equipment, and traffic signal wiring because the price of metals has gone through the roof in recent years.

"We recognize the seriousness of the issue is evolving from an expensive nuisance to a public safety nightmare," Calderon said. "Street lights are being disabled . . . People are being electrocuted by trying to get live wire. Guardrails are being removed from freeways."

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I agree with the others. Where is your source on this info?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by slipknotrules2009

This is a PREDICTION. If you read the dateline, it is set 100 years from today. I cannot claim that the future events predicted in this article are going to be 100% historically accurate. You also have to allow for some poetic license.

If the Statue of Liberty is sold for scrap 105 years from now or 150 years from now instead of 100 years from now, are people going to look at this article and say it is complete BS?!

link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

The Feudal Lord of Disney

Lol. Would that be in Orlando, California, or Paris........?

[edit on 31/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

Umm come on... Disney + Golden Gate Bridge= kalifornia

L
LMAO!!!

link   
What does a link to a story about Sacramento thieves making off with
wiring, etc have to do with a hoax about the Statue of Liberty? I don't
get the connection at all. Sure, thieves will take anything that is not bolted
down, but the Statue of Liberty? Do you think that anyone can just waltz
in and steal it? Give me a break. I still want to see PROOF of the Statue
of Liberty being dismantled and sold to Bolivians or whatever.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Dudes, this is fiction, the date is the 31st of may 2110.

Helllloooooo?

Read-----> comprehend-----> post

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobody7766

I do not claim to have any sort of special psychic powers or access to a source with psychic powers.

The historical basis for my story is the Colosus of Rhodes. The Colosus of Rhodes was a giant bronze statue in ancient Greece which served as the inspiration of the Statue of Liberty. It was one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.

Centuries after ancient Greek civilization declined, the people or government of Rhodes sold the Colosus of Rhodes for scrap. I don't know what they did with the money, but whatever it is they spent the money on it was probably not worth destroying a treasure.

The Colous of Rhodes was not the only national treasure to be destroyed. Most of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient world have disappeared without a trace. They were destroyed by marauders or allowed to decay into oblivion as the once great civilizations that created them went into decline.

If history repeats itself, the national treasures of the US are going to disappear as the American civilization goes into decline. They might get sold for scrap, get destroyed by vandals, or just rot away.

top topics

join