It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Crater Left After Storm Kills 115 In Guatemala. Signs Of HAARP?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
OK, Check out this crater

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50a914ccc326.jpg[/atsimg]
www.cnn.com...

What on earth, or not on earth, make that perfectly round hole with apparently no bottom.

Focused shot from HAARP. Space based laser. Anyone have any ideas?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Is that real?

It almost looks photo shopped.

If its real, who want to see where that rabbit hole goes...?

SM

P.S. The article does not make a single mention of the hole.

[edit on 31/5/10 by SkyMarshall]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

It's a sinkhole nothing more, due to massive amounts of storm water drain off...as I mentioned here in this thread

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Very weird.. It's on CNN but the article doesn't talk about the crater.
The picture looks very fake...

Oh well.. indeed, very interesting?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
No way HARRP is even capable of doing anything like that.

Its just a massive sink hole from a lot of rain and or water run off from the rain or a busted water main.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned

Focused shot from HAARP. Space based laser. Anyone have any ideas?

Well, my first idea would have to involve 'how much energy would be required to ablate thousands of cubic yards of soil', which would lead me to the inescapable conclusion that neither HAARP nor a space based laser would be within several orders of magnitude of being able to do that.

Not only that, but the material would have to go SOMEWHERE, it wouldn't just cease to exist in some StarTrekian phaser glow. So given that I don't see soil all around the hole, nor a nice crusty silicon plating on the surrounding area, that's another giveaway that it wasn't due to some nefarious beam weapon or an explosion of some sort.

Finally, I'd probably realize that given that the buildings around the hole look essentially intact. A putative "focused shot" pouring energy at an unbelievable rate into the plasma resulting from material ablation would cause a stupendous overpressure. The resulting explosion would level the area for kilometers around, and leave a big melty crater instead of a nice, clean, non-melty hole.

So instead of some Star Wars thing, I'd likely expect it to be a sinkhole.

edit: There's a ton of sinkhole pics on the net, many of them from here in Florida, a lot of them look like that one. But if you HAD to put it down to something freaky, you can get really nice cylindrical cuts like that in stone with a nuclear shaped charge. However, I don't think it would work well in loose soil like you see there, and it would also have flattened the buildings for several hundred yards around the hole, not to mention the whole radioactive thing.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

edit: There's a ton of sinkhole pics on the net, many of them from here in Florida, a lot of them look like that one. But if you HAD to put it down to something freaky, you can get really nice cylindrical cuts like that in stone with a nuclear shaped charge. However, I don't think it would work well in loose soil like you see there, and it would also have flattened the buildings for several hundred yards around the hole, not to mention the whole radioactive thing.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Bedlam]

Please, show them to me. I would find that interesting information. Perfectly round sinkholes with no bottom showing up everywhere.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is nothing more than a sink hole, it is quite normal, look up sink holes on google images and you will see several pictures of very similar sinkholes. Also there is another thread currently discussing this.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Strange, I would love to know how deep this is. We were just talking about "bottomless" pits recently. It would be great to have a follow-up on this.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by infolurker]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
i'm ashamed of you guys....that's a photoshop....c'mon you guys......get a feel for what's real in this world.mmmmmmm. dang fellas

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Not Haarp. These have occured before, without the storms. It's natural, and most of them form what they call Cenotes after they fill with water. They dot the landscape all over Central America. Cenotes where links to the Mayan underworld which was probably just a massive number of caves. Water erosion and weight build up and then this happens, making an opening to the caves below. If its not a cave or tunnles, then it could be a cavern.

If you're a Mayan enthusiast or have ever heard of Agartha, there is an idea that people could be living underground. An idea that the Mayans (being spiritually in tuned) understood the BS humans where going to cause on earth in the final Baktun and decided to hide away, explaining their mass disappearance. Agartha is the theory of a Hollow earth, where the plates move on a magma layer within the crust but after so many miles, more crust forms and there is land on the inside, leaving the center of gravity in between the two layers. Along with Agartha, their is the theory of a central sun or mass at the center of earth. Gravity holds the crust and outside people like us in like it would in normal plate tectonics, while the centrifugal force of earth spinning provides gravity for the people inside. ( or you could do without that force and say they just float.)
The theory is repeated in ancient civilizations with Shambahla (I butchered the spelling) from tibet, Xibalba from the Mayans, Agartha and even Hell in the bible.

Don't think it's HAARP.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Cross8712]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
i'm ashamed of you guys....that's a photoshop....c'mon you guys......get a feel for what's real in this world.mmmmmmm. dang fellas

Go google sinkhole genius and act smart somewhere else. There are holes deeper and smoother than this in a lot of places, plus... this hole come with multiple pictures.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Cross8712]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
CNN just pulled the picture, the only explanation, expired. Guess they need to verify their sources better.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
To the debunkers who said this is photoshopped. Wrong. Fail!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78f1021b9cea.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eda024fd698d.jpg[/atsimg]

Suggesting the President of Guatemala would photoshop this picture, I have proven your ignorance, or as ATS says, "deny ignorance"

To the people who said there is already a thread on this, another shill move, no there is not a thread about this crater. There is a thread about the storm.

This thread is specifically about this crater.

The amount of debunkers jumping in to say this hole is nothing highly suggests this was HAARP gone wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

its definitely real, spanning every news source around but, how does a tropical storm create one of those?

and whos gonna be the first risk-taker to go down that mother?

looks fun for a bungee jumper, etc...or will they end up in china?

d.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The way that they are keeping way back suggest the hole is pretty scary to them too

Would like to see a picture at the edge peering down..Creepy.

Has Satan been loosed.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'm sorry but this looks like one of the most blatant photoshops I have seen in a while. Why its on CNN boggles my mind.

EDIT: after further viewing I'll take that back, the perspective of the shot def makes it look fake but I suppose they aren't kidding around.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Vicious Jones]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
1. How many threads need to be started about one hole in the ground? This is at least the fifth about this one...

2. How many sinkholes do people need to see to understand that they are a real thing?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Hole appears to be about 90 feet deep, before it disappears into oblivion.

Show me where in history this has happened before.

Is your name alaskan because you work at the HAARP facility?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Here are some shots of recent sinkholes. (2007)

Yes, they are real.

Last year or so same country, same reason.

Another view.

And another.

Again, these are from the same country, but not the same hole.

Go here to read the story from 2007.
news.nationalgeographic.com...
Some random sinkhole shots I think are interesting.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

After some looking on this site, you can see many different sinkholes. It definitely looks interesting I might spend some time checking out some of the info on it myself.

For the poster saying there was not another thread…here you go just a few threads below this one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have to say the whole sinkhole thing is somewhat frightening. Imagine driving, walking along and suddenly being many feet, possibly hundreds, below where you were. Being sucked up be the earth just seems weird.

Raist

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join