It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason we don't see aliens, is because we can't see aliens, they are simply too alien!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Does anybody else understand, that if we are indeed being visited by aliens, that it's entirely possible they can not show themselves?

Coming from distant places so incomprehensible, using concepts so beyond ourselves, that simply one glance would cause instant death.

If we ever truly gazed into the beyond of something so alien to our existence, would we not immediately die?

There are things in the infinity, so beyond anything human. Would looking at the beyond not only be fatal but impossible? We can not process what is totally above our heads!

Imagine what happens if you add purely negative element to this fatal mind @#$%!?!?

[edit on 31-5-2010 by YissakharMelech]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
... or ... they can make themselves look human (reptilians).
... or ... they can turn themselves invisible.
... or ... they are just watching us waiting for us to stop being childish.

You choose the logical alternative, they are all just as reasonable.

SM

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well, aliens from another planet should theoretically be made of pretty much the same matter that life on this planet is made from. I see no reason why people would die upon looking at an alien?

"Aliens" shouldn't be above and beyond our realm of understanding. Some sort of legitimate God would be. Not an ET.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think aliens come from all over. From other star systems, other dimensions, you name it. Even from underground and the ocean perhaps.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think the only way a human could possibly die from looking directly at a intelligent extraterrestrial life form would be from a overwhelming feeling of shock which could lead to a heart attack. That's the only way I see it being possible.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by YissakharMelech
If we ever truly gazed into the beyond of something so alien to our existence, would we not immediately die?

There are things in the infinity, so beyond anything human. Would looking at the beyond not only be fatal but impossible? We can not process what is totally above our heads!

When you were an infant, everything was new to you. You obviously were able to gaze upon it without death.

I can't actually fathom seeing ANYTHING that would make me just die - I might be confused by it for a while. Generally, my reaction to something I didn't understand at first glance would be to examine it more closely, rather than dropping dead.

If I died every time I hit upon something that looked confusing and was tough to understand, tensor calculus would have been my quietus.

edit: here's something that requires less of a stretch - the reason you don't see them is that there aren't any. I don't see three-nosed snuffalupaguses for the same reason.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Don't you understand?

You are still using human concepts to construct non-human entities, we can't create these images, these images come from somewhere that is not human, places so truly alien to every image or concept we can create or even process.

It's entirely possible, that if you looked at alien, you would die right away. Not from SHOCK, no! From a total and utter alien concepts and images!

Everything we process is very limited to the infinity, they can not show themselves! They most likely can hardly look at us!

You look at a face, that was spawned from nothing we know here on earth. All we understand, see, and process is ONLY from our earth!

If we ever see something we can not process, we will die. Forget breathing, breathing means color, talking means food, faces means genitals!

Your brain will overload and shut down.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What do you mean we can't see them? What about the thousands upon thousands of abduction reports where humanoid figures of all kinds are reported?

Obviously if they're cruising around the galaxy or solar system, we can't see them from Earth.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NASA is ASAN

Abductions are personal nightmares, we construct our nightmares with images we have seen, and can process.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by YissakharMelech

Forget breathing, breathing means color, talking means food, faces means genitals!

Ah what does that even mean?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

It means concepts beyond earth, they would overload your brain.

Breathing means color, talking means food, faces means genitals.

That's what alien means. Not simply silly looking humanoids! That's an earth concept you are using!

Sound means violence, and happiness is numbers.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Abductions are personal nightmares, we construct our nightmares with images we have seen, and can process.

If you're talking about nightmares in the figurative sense, then yes, they are nightmares. It doesn't really hold that much water to the experiencers if you try and drag this into the literal meaning of the word.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

If they really take you up, your memories will use earth concepts in order process the experience, no doubt done by the alien entities themselves. You simply can only process so much, you make the experiences fit our concepts and reality.

These most likely are inter dimensional entities, living on the thrill of finding their own beyond. It must be managed in the same way, something only done with experience.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

If they really take you up, your memories will use earth concepts in order process the experience, no doubt done by the alien entities themselves. You simply can only process so much, you make the experiences fit our concepts and reality.

These most likely are inter dimensional entities, living on the thrill of finding their own beyond. It must be managed in the same way, something only done with experience.

What about the thousands upon thousands of reports where they're seen in and around their crafts, in houses, down the street, etc...?

I've never seen a rose until the first time I saw one, then I knew what it was. It's the same thing. I can tell you really don't hold your intellectual abilities to a high standard. That's a shame.

For your reading pleasure.

Humanoid Sighting Reports

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You honestly have a very low intelligence, let me walk this through with you okay? Step by step.

1. You see an image that is truly alien beyond our concepts, (NOT A ROSE GROWN ON EARTH) when you see this image, the concepts are pure alien, color is breathing, talking is food, and faces are genitals.

2. YOU CAN NOT BREATHE COLOR. The alien however can because that is it's reality. Not yours. A totally unique reality from yours where breathing does in fact mean color.

3. You can not process the alien information and apply it to your reality, your brain shuts down.

It's really not difficult to understand.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

You honestly have a very low intelligence, let me walk this through with you okay? Step by step.

1. You see an image that is truly alien beyond our concepts, (NOT A ROSE GROWN ON EARTH) when you see this image, the concepts are pure alien, color is breathing, talking is food, and faces are genitals.

2. YOU CAN NOT BREATHE COLOR. The alien however can because that is it's reality. Not yours. A totally unique reality from yours where breathing does in fact mean color.

3. You can not process the alien information and apply it to your reality, your brain shuts down.

It's really not difficult to understand.

You need to lay off the cough syrup and take a step back. Look, you're wrong, get over yourself. I don't mean to take a dump on your thread, but it's misguided conjecture that completely misses the point.

Next time you go to make a thread, maybe think it through next time.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What about when people take hallucinogenic drugs? What they are seeing, feeling, tasting, smelling, hearing, thinking becomes their reality. They may be seeing something so alien to them their brain cant process it, that usually doesn't cause a system over load and make them drop dead. I don't believe someone could have their brain stimulated so much by looking at something and dying from it, no matter how real, foreign, or fake it is.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a system shock reaction to the presence of something truly out of this world, like an alien, is a real scenario for people. i'm not talking about a youtube video, a picture or any of that silliness but to have a real breathing intelligent entity standing in front of you, something you can no longer deny is a completely different sort of shock.

while i'd imagine the first news cast will cause a shock that kills a few people from heart attacks, that doesn't stem from an imagine so alien it kills on site but from a life time of poor diet and self neglect. once your body is over the intel shock you'll realize that they're similar to us in ways you hadn't conceived. they're living breathing biological entities(some of them) not mythical gorgons or medusa.

system shock death caused by far out alien images sounds like lovecraft.

also consider they're masters of the mind, and when you influencing the minds of lesser being who cannot properly defend themselves, the power of illusion becomes a very usual tool on your disguise and move silently checks.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by kmarx]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
man no one and I mean no one can live through my x wifes gaze upon them.
I was lucky because I am half blind be sure to bring a mirrow

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by InvisibleObserver

It means concepts beyond earth, they would overload your brain.

Breathing means color, talking means food, faces means genitals.

That's what alien means. Not simply silly looking humanoids! That's an earth concept you are using!

Sound means violence, and happiness is numbers.

If our senses could not perceive these things we would not die. We can not perceive UV and IR light spectrum can we? do we die from that? no we simply can not perceive them. The concept of being overloaded does not work in such a simple and straight forward manner.

To be overloaded would mean that your senses would pick up more then could be processed by your conscious mental state and health NOT what your body is capable of handling. Things like shock are more often then not a result of trauma. Trauma is a result of a mental overload. While this trauma can lead to death it is also something that can be mentally controlled. An example would be a soldier versus a civilian. In combat the civilian could easily go into shock from the combat situation where a soldier might fight just fine.

So to die from gazing upon these things would simply mean that one could not mentally control themselves while doing so and die as a result of shock. Where as everyone else in the world might be able to just fine.

Fainting would be a much more likely scenario anyways....less deadly as well.

On a final note based on abductees. You have to realize that there fear and trauma comes from the unknown and being imprisoned against there will and without a chance to fight back. They are also experimented on. Not because the Aliens themselves are incomprehensible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join