It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical storm leaves more than 115 dead in Central America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
If it matters to any one I asked a geologist about this hole, I was told that it being caused by a faulty sewer system is plausible.
I just would also like to know what is at the bottom of the hole, because it sure does look like some one wanted something out of it.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Damn, when I saw the first image I could have sworn it was a shop. But it is on CNN and there are more photos of it, so its real. That's the most photoshopped-looking-real-life picture I've seen!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Sinkholes like these are from collapsing limestone caves.

There was a thin limestone layer over the cave system with a lot of sediment layers in top.

One problem is most human waste water are acidic and over years eat through the limestone.
Then you get a heavy rain that washes out the dirt into the cave system and you get a collapse

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Anned
I understand that the acidity of the water will eat away the limestone, but I don't see where it would cause it be so cylindrical in shape, that's the strange part.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Just wanted to throw this out ...

Guatemala is Mayan country, RIGGGGHT?

Yes and they have had a volcano, a ginormous sinkhole, and a hurricane hit in the past few days. Maybe the 2012 thing only effects Guatemala?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is INSANE!!!!

the sides soo smooth. Really could this be natural??

Could it have anything to do with the "secret" US space ship that went up, just to keeo the conspiracy part going.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
They should just stick a huge plug in the hole . They should get a white salty rock mixed with sand and red clay . That would plug that hole .

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
one probability is the LHC collider has already created mini black holes and reached the earths crust and now its coming up from below something like 2012 movie said will start to happen about now - its amazing

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I can tell you what it is. This hole is where the south american drug cartel was building a new tunnel for drug running and somebody did not put enough bracing. This also could be a new tunnel to get illegal immigrants into the country. No it really is one big dark hole. Or maybe we have found a hole that is used by large earth worms. Cannot wait to see where this is going to go when looked into.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
oh gosh, i feel sick even looking at that picture! It's too deep! Creeps me out for some reason, big time.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Questions:

1 - They close the area like in 2007 .... its a sink hole nothing to see. They never show you the water that caused it.They never show you the bottom of the hole. They never show you the river under the sink hole and they never show you what happen to the Tunns of stone and land etc.... where is it?

2- If its gone ... a river must be under the hole or a huge caver ... did you saw it?
3- Do you have images from the 2007 Sink Hole? Where does the caver ends and deposits all that land and rock?

4- Where is the Water ? Where is the water that made the caver under the sink hole... why do they hide it?

No images. You will find no images from the interior of the 2007 sink hole. No images from the water, no images from the river, no images from rock and land at the bottom, no images from the huge caver. That's alot of missing information . You will have no images from this one also.

And that's strange.

Answer Sink Hole ... end of subject.

That's not enough for me. Is is for you ?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
To whoever changed the thread title:

A good way to prevent me from participating in a thread is to change its title after it has gone through to page 3 or 4. By that point, the thread title is sort of like a brand name. Changing the title of this thread almost had me ignoring it completely, as did not recall posting in a thread titled as this one is.

I understand the OCD nature of some on internet forums....but could we not just let things like that go so that the members can use the forum more easily? That, instead of achieving perfection with thread titles, is the purpose of ATS, right?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I want to know what happened to the poor bastard that was living on the corner section.

The buildings just gone

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WARhampster

HAARP clearly overshot its target ...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I still think they should plug it

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
That is not real, is it? looks very fake.

Yes. Its real. It was posted on several actual news programs. This is the problem with our country and people in general. They're so cynical that they can't even see reality without a question mark above their heads.

This is literally the same nonsense that plagues the UFO community. Because there are so many fakes and stupid people that post B.S., the public can't believe the real one's when they are presented. And almost everyone is willing to call hoax before they've done any research for themselves.

By the way tarifa37, I'm not attacking you personally. I am attacking the mentality in general.

Much love to all...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You know this could be where BP decided to put a relief well to help the gulf oilspill. I sure hope that there aren't more like that under Guatamala. They could always make it one hell of an inground pool for the kids, but they need to stay away from the deep end.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

If it was produced by a sewer system it must of been one hell of a # .

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Here are a couple of vids from the 2007 hole.

The first is the bottom of the hole around 4:35 you get a pan up to see the opening.

This one is after work has been completed on it.

Google Video Link

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Uber1337's sinkhole explanation:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join