It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical storm leaves more than 115 dead in Central America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WARhampster

I'm late on this thread but you gotta wonder what people have been paving and building over... thats one massive hole... must have been there surely before it was supposedly paved over... where did all the earth and concrete go? Coz it looks like a bottomless pit down there....

Just imagine if there really is a 'Hell' .....

Flagged

[edit on 31-5-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
First order of business should be to send an infrared camera down there. Sending a human down there sounds too much like the script of a badly or well written horror. So let's make the machines do the hard work. Wonder where it leads to? China??

link   
Double post.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by TiM3LoRd]

link   
I'll take that back, i'm getting contradicting stories but i'm pretty sure it's a locust gears of war promo

[edit on 31-5-2010 by toshly]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
First order of business should be to send an infrared camera down there. Sending a human down there sounds too much like the script of a badly or well written horror. So let's make the machines do the hard work. Wonder where it leads to? China??

You've got a point... who's gonna go down there? Could be the dwellings of Aliens man.... no joke!! They could be down there after all....

Is someone tryiing to tell us something?

Maybe it really is hollow down there...

[edit on 31-5-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
My god, some of the responses on this thread show a 3rd grade level of knowledge mixed with head-up-the-arse intellect coupled with total and complete denial of the state of our civilization and its course. thank you for ruining my ATS session

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Monster hole!! How are they going to fix THAT? "Junk shot"?

I just went thru all posts and though it seems this thing is "normal", it definitely fits in a MONSTER size category.

Hey anyone remember Mel Waters?? Maybe he was right all along
. Here's the links:

Mel's hole
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Coast2Coast - Mel Waters
www.youtube.com...

Edit: bb code not working

[edit on 31/5/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by toshly

I'll take that back, i'm getting contradicting stories but i'm pretty sure it's a locust gears of war promo

Sort of weird that so many news sites would not know this is a promo don't you think?

[edit on 31/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
New form of crop circle. Translation: Hey guys check out our newest intersolar weapon system
Peace always lol!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
That is a deep deep deep hole . They need to plug it .I saw some sink holes in california . 14 years ago

www.adjusterpro.com...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Z.S.P.V.G.

So are you saying it's obvious it is natural, or obvious that it is fake?

Or are you just insulting ATSers in general?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wondering if any people fell in that thing?

I hope not!!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Thanks. I did not see those.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I did not read every post in this thread, but if someone can point me to a post or just tell me what would cause a sink hole to form in an almost perfect cylinder like that please do so.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

You live in Guatemala. Any more details from the inside not indicated in the article?

[edit on 31-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

You mean like this machine?

www.rense.com...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
wow thats bizarre,
what on (or off) earth couldve done this?
do any people know what caused it?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
That hole looks real smooth on each side as if it had something inside it at one time . Almost looks like a hole made for a purpose of pumping something out like a water hole they had back in the 1600s in north America .

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I was under the impression that sinkholes were what is left over when magma flo to the suface hardens. I mean it seems strange that a liquid or viscous substance such as magma originating from the mantle would be pliable enough to push up to the surface And then drop back down to whence it came taking with it extra mass which it would have melted on the way up leaving the gaping hole we see.

Where did all the mass of earth go? And why didn't it just solidify in the cavity? I'm not making wild speculations. I'm just asking some questions. Could a geologist shed some light on the subject?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
I did not read every post in this thread, but if someone can point me to a post or just tell me what would cause a sink hole to form in an almost perfect cylinder like that please do so.

it is only "almost perfect" due to the scale and perspective. Zoom in, resolve it to a higher detail, and it isn't quite that smooth and perfect.

It matches other sinkhole images on Page 1 of this thread.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join