It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical storm leaves more than 115 dead in Central America

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I hope nobody falls down in these holes...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I don't understand why [from everyone that has posted] Has not gone to google images search and search "massive sinkholes". I guess I will tho..
Ma ssive Sinkholes
-------------------------

Aside from those images, heres some useful information on how they are formed.
How Sinkholes are formed.

And a big ignorant chuckle to those of you who couldn't take 5mins to post what I just did.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Show me a picture of the bottom, and the huge pile of dirt.

Otherwise, this was done by HAARP, or a space based weapon, or people from Saturn.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned
Show me a picture of the bottom, and the huge pile of dirt.

Otherwise, this was done by HAARP, or a space based weapon, or people from Saturn.

Did you see the vid on page 7. it's from 2007. It clearly shows a drain pipe at the bottom and other pipes further up that are still emptying into the hole and carrying mud into the drain pipe. You could also see the cement and rebar of the homes that fell into it laying at the bottom.

I mean really with all the way out places where they could test their space based weapon without being noticed they decide to shoot into a city of 3 million and twice in three years?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by daskakik]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Here's a video from Guatemala someone posted yesterday on youtube.com. It shows film from both the 2010 and 2007 sink holes.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It was god who did this;
He wanted to use the tropical storm/hurricane to spread the oil spill in the gulf of mexico even more;
thereby creating more havoc and destruction,
which would've made the people on the planet hate oil and gasoline corporations even more;
It would've also dwindled the world's oil supply;
Thereby accelerating the planet into a clean all electric solar civilization

But god wasn't really paying attention because he was trying to multitask, creating things, learning things;
The earth rotated and BOOMMMMM;
god overshot his target by a couple thousand miles;
which resulted in the massive sinkhole;
He is kind of pissed about it

god said for now he will let the world heal and just watch the reaction of BP and the oil spill situation

god also said; he hates religious cult like people; and wants everyone to be self-empowered leaders of their own lives,
weakness and fear is what you call hell,
So live your life with a sense of love, creativity, and fun

P.S.
god would also like to relay this message to his adversaries aka the NWO

[edit on 1-6-2010 by SupremeKnowledge]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SneakAPeek

no one seems to be looking at your second link, on HOW these sinkholes are formed!

i did, though

thanks for the levelheaded information.

still...that's one scary hole!!!
and not unique - even scarier!

i would NOT live in Guatemala City!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

I looked at how they form, and I asked a geologist. I saw one other hole that I thought was similar to this one. I still don't have a good reason why it forms so cylindrical shaped.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
If I was the Guatemalan president I would not be hesitating and I would be very proactive in firstly sealing off the area and then sending a scientific team down into that hole with as much publicity, film and photography as possible.

Something about that hole seems off to me almost as if there could be some “answers” to be found down there but not if time stalls and feet get dragged.

Or perhaps I have been on ATS too long because I admit it, a deceased geologist named Schneider came to my mind when I looked at that hole lol

I too am reminded of Schneider. I am also reminded of Lizardman from South Carolina. Maybe lizardman has a whole den of his kin stretching down from the southeast US across the gulf and into Central America. Maybe the oil isn't being cleaned up because it's destroying their home. Lizardman does live in a swamp, so he's terrestrial as well as aquatic. Maybe I've been on ATS too long

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Thought I'd embed it for easier viewing.

And I thought I'd add:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
this is terrible....all those people that died and those that weren't found...what a shame

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I cant believe these large holes form over time underground without showing any signs of existing...until...well yeah they make the ground disappear

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Here's my theory about why it's round and where the soil went...i believe the erosion process was happening over a very long time.. in times of bad flooding there may be a fast flowing underground river just to one side of the sink hole..during particularly bad flooding the water table (if that's the right term to use) rises to just below the city street level .. the "sink hole "starts out as just a narrow column of water (perhaps less than a foot across )going up through a vertical crack in the soil. Over time (perhaps hundreds or thousands of years) every time the area was in flood the rise and fall of water made the hole wider and wider untill it became large enough where the column of water not only rose but started to be spun by the fast flowing river (below and slightly to the side)like a tornado (again..only when in flood) and gradually began to wear the hole perfectly round ..becoming larger and larger as it spins faster and faster as the diameter increases and with the river washing the soil away as it went. Finally it became big enough where the weight of the building and roadway above collapsed the ceiling in. i believe that's why the hole is so perfectly formed..it WAS bored with a screw..only the screw was a water spout being spun by a river..something like a rack and pinion steering assy..the river being the rack and the column of water being the pinion...if you look at the sides of the hole you can see horizontal erosion lines which would fit perfectly with what i'm suggesting..if all that soil just suddenly collapsed down you should only see vertical scoring ..no? The hole may have been filled with spinning water only a few times every year (or perhaps even every century) but over a long long time it gradually became what we see in the photo...It could also explain the other sink holes in the city..there may be a river meandering throughut the area forming the same feature wherever there is a vertical crack in just the right place to start the process..anyway..even if you don't agree that this may be plausable i hope you enjoyed the theory

[edit on 2-6-2010 by arbie]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by arbie]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This thread leaves one with much to think about.

Good read

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
**double post

[edit on 2-6-2010 by psilocybernaught]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Here is my two cents on how deep it is!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fba401ffd53.jpg[/atsimg]

I'd say one long way down!

[edited for S&F this is a good read]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by theability]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
In a previous photo on a news site it said the hold was about thirty one meters deep. You can take it for what ever it is worth.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

In a previous photo on a news site it said the hold was about thirty one meters deep. You can take it for what ever it is worth.

Actually I had missed that previously.

I was just giving a once over and made an image.

31 meters = 102 feet!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is BIZARRE. To me, it looks like some cosmic dentist just performed a root canal. Near symmetrical hole, can't see the bottom. I have seen odd pictures in my life, but this is going into my top 10. If a storm truly did this, then humanity has A LOT to learn about meteorological events.

I cannot even speculate as to what non-storm event caused this.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join