It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Subduction Zone Off The N.E U.S. Coast.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The only way the Mountain range in the Northeastern U.S. could have formed is from converging plates. Can someone come up with another explaination?
If they are converging plates then new madrid is actually an old madrid fault line that became active again.(which happens to run right along this mountain chain) It is not New and for some reason is overlooked.

Ok now on to my point,

Looking at the geography of the northeast, The only way Long Island land mass could have been formed is from it "climbing up" onto the rest of the shoreline. (subduction zone effect)...Can someone else come up with another explaination?

Some will argue that is from sea level rise ,That only explains what caused Long Island Sound to be formed.....Not why Long Island itself is high enough to be out of the water.(This should stop that arguement in its tracks).

I can not find any research on this,and it frustrates me to the point that I believe it is hidden fron us. So I can not prove it. Maybe someone on here can help,

One of the prophets said the northeast will fall into the sea like California.

I would apperciate any input ,,,,thanks in advance..

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The Mountain Ranges in the Northeast formed back when Africa smashed into North America.

this link explains a little about it.Link
or for a more technical explanation Link

SM

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
yea right so what ? its so old that it has been dorment for untold millions of years the mountion chain thats goes from newengland was the size of the rockys when it was young thats just how old it is .IT WORE down to small hills .
so really baring being hit buy god slege hammer i wouldnt worry to much

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
both of you explained my first paragraph but neither one of you touched on the point of the thread

Long Island is climbing up on the coast line...the eastern seaboard is subducting under it.

I am looking for any information supporting or denying this

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

I think Long Island is "climbing up" the eastern sea board because its trying to get away from New Jersey (who wouldn't).

Here's a Link that explains there is a fault there but it has not been active enough to cause drifting for a long time.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thank you for the info.

We haven't been researching it for long, 300 yrs is a kick in the bucket compared to the age of the earth, so I think it is hard to say it is completely dormant..granted it is not as active as the rest of the fault lines but the pressure building will eventually let go...

new topics

top topics

join