It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Creature found in Ontario, Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here is the link:
www.torontosun.com...

A snippet of the article:

TORONTO - Photos of a strange creature pulled from a northern Ontario creek have become a worldwide sensation, even though the body has since washed away.

But the tiny First Nations community at the centre of the water monster story is apparently not willing to give up the attention, as residents conducted a second search in as many days for evidence of the elusive beast they call “omagimaakos” - or “the ugly one.” On Friday, boaters took to area waterways around the tiny community of Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug, near the shores of Hudson Bay, hoping to catch one.

This thing was apparently found in a wooded area dead in a stream. I'm not an expert on animals by any means, but it seems to me that it looks like some sort of wolverine. The article states that thing primarily feeds on beavers. There's not much to go on in this article.

I apologize if this has already been talked about. Checked search and nothing came up. Let me know what you think.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

edit: to add picture of creature

[edit on 31-5-2010 by truthseeker1984]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

This topic is already open here.
It came up top of the search - after yours

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by itchy_tartan_blanket

Didn't come up in my searches. Thanks for letting me know.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
primarily feeds on beavers. Lol. I live in Ontario, and i dont see to many beavers. Sounds like a Canadian hoax engineered by American retards.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This was already posted a few weeks ago.

It was declared a HOAX and thought to be a river otter with a skin disease I believe.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

I live in Alberta and dont see them often, although I saw one last week when I was working haha. However they are around for sure.

Anyways as others have stated this thread has been created multiple times in this forum and is most likely an Otter.

Cheers

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
come on, there are a dozen threads about this so called "montauk monster"

it's just a dead sea otter.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Okay folks, time to lay down the law here.

I've lived in Ontario for nearly 20 years, during that time I have explored hundreds of creeks, camped in several of the deep woods parks and experienced more wild life then most seasoned outdoorsmen/women.

I can tell you right now that an animal of any intelligence RUNS before you make it within a mile of their location, you dont even see these creatures to be able to photograph them in the wild.

Further more, I've seen bears and otters, I know what a "Dead waterlogged" Beast looks like and that is not it. Besides, do you think 2 nurses would have touched a rotten stinky beast floating in a river? LOL, it was fresh and like all fresh animal carcasses they are dragged away into a hole, devoured by vultures and coyotes and the bones are chipped apart by mice, in thick bush there would be nothing to find by the next day from a small beast.

The best explanation for skeptics would be this is a genetic anomaly of an otter or beaver but that still doesnt explain the fact that the beast is only 1 foot long and has a rat tail.

New species are found every day in this world, Lets be open to the possibility that through technology we have finally captured some evidence although poor it may be, that we have found a new edition to our books.

Blessings,

-G

top topics

join