Favourite steak meal?

page: 1

join

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Steak... you’ve gotta love it

Thought id share my own recipe for a dangerously unhealthy steak... And considering that ATS/BTS has a mainly American following i am rather nervous (you guys are the kings of steak)

This steak meal, which i call the Artery clogger, is my favourite meal... and one that i only have on special occasions due to the fact that it will kill me

My favourite steak cut is usually a Rib eye (although i love all cuts) but on this occasion i am using a Rump steak.

First i wash the steak and generously season it with Salt and pepper...

Next, smear both sides of the steak with Dijon mustard (about 1 tea spoon per side)

I then drizzle both sides in honey and sprinkle with lots of chopped garlic.

To finish the marinade i glug over a large amount of Worcestershire source and leave it in the fridge for an hour or two.

I then peel and chop potatoes for Chips (Fries) rinse under cold water to removed starch and allow to dry. I then deep fry these in very hot oil.

While the Chips (fries) are cooking I shallow fry my Steaks in Hot oil (my preference is rare to Medium Rare) and once done a remove to one side...

I then tip a tin of baked beans (sorry i haven’t tried making my own yet) into the frying pan, that was used for the steak, and mix together with all the juices and fat from the steaks.

Serve the chips, steak and beans onto a warm plate... Lovely Jubly artery clogger...

You can of course add any other side dish that you wish... i sometime have stuffed mushrooms or onion rings (homemade)

This is seriously unhealthy and not to everyone taste... but for me... its a rare treat of total over indulgence in naughty food.

I also use the same Marinade for steaks on my BBQ.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Muckster]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The beans and all their fiber might actually prevent some of that grease from clogging the arteries. Here in America, we clog em up right. Just say NO to beans that might be good for you, deep fry some Twinkies and serve those as veg.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

HAHA that reminds me of the Scottish tradition of deep frying Mars Bars... that’s a little too far, even for me....

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hahaha they used to deep fry mars bars here aswell in some of the local chipshops

That steak sounds good tho

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Urrgh... I was in Devon a few years back and there was a Scottish chip shop called "the frying Scotsman"

We had fish and Chips fried in batter... That’s right... the chips were also covered in batter... it was greasy and truly disgusting... I feel sick just thinking about it... maybe its cos i’m a southern softie...

LOL

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Don't have the recipe but Steak Diane. With the sauce. Hoooooooo ..

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The OP's recipe sounds tempting...

Myself, I too prefer a ribeye cut. I butter them up, add some Seasoning Salt, then use a marinade made from McCormick Mesquite marinade, and the regular McCormick Meat Marinade (combo of the two), with a little bit of added Worcestershire sauce, and just a little bit of soy.

I usually do up some mushrooms too, in a red wine reduction, that goes good with it...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My recipe has ranch mushrooms, and its good and so easy...

Grill your steak to how ever you like it.

The ranch mushrooms are the key. Take a package of fresh mushrooms, put in 1 stick of butter, 1 pack of ranch dips powdered seasoning and bake it at 400 for about 15-20 minutes. when your steak is done use a serated spoon to cover the steak with the shrooms, most of the butter stays in the pan for you health nuts, but I put a little on the steak. oh soooo good, and its what I am having for fathers day!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I like using rib eye (its tender). I use a mixture of A1 sauce, meat tenderizer, salt, pepper, thin garlic cloves, onion powder. I coat both sides of the meat and throw it on the out door charcoal grill (no gas grill for me). As a side - slices potatoes cooked in a large skilet with bacon drippings and onions (that will clog the arteries) but the flavor is mmmmm. Baked beans if so desired.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I like to keep my steak simple.

Obviously a good cut is the best, my favourite is the fillet but it's bloody expensive! So I usually go for a sirloin cut.

It also needs to be fresh, never frozen!

Ingredients.

Good quality extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt
cracked pepper
and of course, the steak.

And that's it, marinate the steak in the above (Be generous!), leave out on the bench so it is at room temperature before cooking.

And I assume you guys know the rest, real hot grill, only turn once etc etc.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
steak and eggs
now i want some

new topics

top topics

join