It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't I Own a Canadian?--A Religious Letter

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Great fun. Pity some people are not aware that the letter was in jest. If you enjoyed this then go watch movie by Bill Maher called "Religious" its online.

I will listen to Christians on how to live my life when Christians listen to Muslims on how to live their lives.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BungleX

movie by Bill Maher called "Religious"

Religulous (sic)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
If this person had any inkling of who it is that he is mocking and any understanding of the seriousness in which it is taken, I am certain he would not have done so.

You're assuming that the person believes as you do...he/she probably does not.

I don't feel that letter was funny at all.

You have the right to your opinion. Personally I think it's REALLY funny
)

It came from someone who does not know or understand our Creator, Yahweh,

The abominable snowman???? Oh that's the yeti

and who in turn wrote a letter that sought to ridicule His Word

Or maybe the writer just let "his word" ridicule itself

and make a mockery of His commands.

Actually those commands are a mockery...killing someone for working on the sabbath...please

However, it also serves as yet another sign of the times we live in and was prophesied that we would witness in the End Times.

blah blah blah blah end times blah blah blah.
Since day one, people have been talking about the end times....1600 is the end times..oh wait 1700...ok ok 1800...oh no 1900 is the end...and one of the big one's....2000
Can you give us an exact date of the end?

Psalm 74:10 God, how long will the foe mock? Will the enemy insult Your name forever?

So god can't take a joke? He gave us the ability to joke..you know the whole, "in his image" thing...which gives us the ability to take a joke...weird irony huh?

Psalm 74:18 Remember this: the enemy has mocked the LORD, and a foolish people has insulted Your name.

The world is full of foolish people.

Proverbs 1:22 "How long, foolish ones, will you love ignorance? [How long] will [you] mockers enjoy mocking and [you] fools hate knowledge?

So it's asking how long the mockers will continue in ignorance. And claims that those who mock, hate knowledge.
I must ask myself....so what?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick1
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This is really not funny and definitely not informative. Any person who has not just read the bible but studied it would understand how silly this post is. This person has obviously never researched any of the verses they have quoted. It takes a great deal of time to translate these verses and most people do not want make that investment. They would rather just assume from one reading of a verse, with out the benefit of research, what it means. Of course a person is free to do that,but then they should not expect to be taken
seriously.

The Militant Homosexuals have been trying for over a decade to try to strip Dr. Laura of
her right to free speech. I take it since you are posting this you also believe she has no right to free speech. Care to tell me why?
www.lifeissues.net...

So what you're saying is that the word of god is unclear? That doesn't sound right does it?
Why would god want man interpreting his laws? Shouldn't an almighty, perfect being know better?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick1
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

By your answer I am not sure you understand what research is. But you have a computer so at least you can look the word up.
A question for you.
the commandment THOU SHALL NOT KILL
What does the word KILL mean

KILL means to put to death.
That's how humans understand that word and of course an almighty being knows that we see the word KILL as "put to death". Surely god wouldn't want us to misunderstand such a serious word right?

No one is any longer trying to deny Dr. Laura her right of free speech they have already succeeded. Are you really that unaware. I mean really. There was a nation wide
campaign by homosexuals to stop this woman from not only getting a tv show but destroying her.

So what you're saying as that the homosexuals are using their FREEDOM OF SPEECH to express their views of laura?
Surely you aren't suggesting that there are homosexuals trying to physically hurt her?

The mainstream tv and print media was involved.

It's amazing what the MSM is "guilty" of.
Complicity in hurting laura.
complicity in the JFK assassination.
complicity in 9/11.
etc..
etc..
wow the MSM is a really busy organization

The internet was involved.

Now it's the internet's fault ??? So do you want to put the internet in jail?
Or will you just smite the nets?

Imagine if they turned their sites on you or ATS. Organizing to end another persons free speech is not an exercise of more free speech.
[edit on 31-5-2010 by rick1]

They have the right to express their opinions just as you have the right to express yours. Are you really that afraid of homosexuals?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Over the years the bible has had a few changes / updates call it what you will.

All I can say has anyone ever stood in a line of 20+ people and had the first person say to the next a sentance or phrase. By the end of the line the sentance or phrase has turned into a story and something that has nothing to do with the first sentance.

I think its called "Chinese Wispers"

The Bible is the Bible of Chinese Wispers

Just my thoughts and ideas

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Anyone who studies the bible knows that the old testament and new testament are rules for different times. The old testament was for older generations well before us and is to give us insight into what God's laws were.

The New testament is for today. When you can find contradictions in the new testament i might take things like this more seriously, all this tells me is how ignorant people are about the book in general.

Just an FYI, i am an agnostic.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
First off,

Amazing find on the letter. Not really much to add, other than that.

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Cobra5000

I dont see how that is proof that Jesus said to ignore all the other laws.

As I read it, he is just saying that all the other more specific laws are elaborations of those two points.

Which SHOULD tell you that if you find and follow something in the Bible that causes you to violate those two principles, (love God, love all others) you are headed off in a wrong direction.

You know, such as hating homosexuals.

But this quote I feel sums up the entire thread nicely.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by For(Home)Country

I don't think anyone is seriously saying all Christians are stupid. C.S. Lewis was one of the most brilliant logicians and philologists ever, and he converted to Christianity (at least his version of it).

But you have to admit the Bible as a sacred text has a LOT of contradictions in it.

C.S.Lewis said in one of his books that the female character should stop writing books and have babies instead. C.S.Lewis is much overrated IMO.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I guess it's ok nowadays to steal and murder as well?

You can't just pick and choose the Bible. If you don't follow some of the rules then you shouldn't follow any of them.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The bible is the word of god! No doubt about it. This is yet another proof. The only problem is God is not the Supreme Being. God is the Devil. This is yet another proof.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Meh, I'm gonna go write a Neo Neo Testament =D.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Why would you follow laws that are meant for another religion? I my self am not a Jew. So this arguments is rubbish. There are no comandments instructing Christians to follow Jewish laws.

The Bible clearly states that we are not under the law. Romans 6:14 says, "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace." Since we are under grace, we are not under the law.

Jesus Christ has delivered us from the curse of the law (Galatians 3:10-13). Those who "are of the works of the law are under the curse" (v.10) But "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law" (v.13). We come to God by faith and "the law is not of faith" (v.12).

Before faith came (clear faith in the person of Jesus Christ), we were kept under the law (Galatians 3:23). The "law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ" (v.24). "But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster" (v.25). How much clearer could it be? We are no longer under the Mosaic law as a rule of practice.

In Galatians, Paul goes even further. The very desire to be under the law is a carnal desire. He calls the Galatians "foolish" for trying to return to the practices of the law as a way to please God (Galatians 3:1-3). In Galatians 4:21-31, he tells an allegory to those "that desire to be under the law" (v.21). He concludes that those who follow the law are "children of the bondwoman" (v.31), but those who follow faith are "free." Paul is not dealing here with the law as a plan for salvation. He is dealing with those who have trusted in Christ and then desire to return to the law in order to please God.

The council in Jerusalem in Acts 15 plainly stated that the requirements of the law were not to be exacted from Gentile believers. It also clearly states that Jews must come to Christ in the same way that Gentiles get saved--"But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they" (v.11). The problem came when certain of the Pharisees decided that the Gentiles who had believed must be circumcised and keep the law of Moses (v.5). The men at the conference (including Peter, Paul, Barnabas, and James the brother of Jesus) agreed that this was not to be required of the Gentiles. Peter even accused the Pharisees of tempting God, "to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear" (v.10). Evidently, it is tempting God to require grace age believers to keep the Jewish regulations of the law.

Paul specifically excludes circumcision as a requirement for New Testament believers. See Galatians 5:1-6; 6:15.
We are not subject to the particular restrictions of the law. Colossians 2:16-17 states, "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ." the Jewish laws were shadows of things to come. That is, they pointed to Christ. But now that Jesus Christ has come, there is no need to hold on to the shadow.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Loken68]

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Loken68]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guenter

Originally posted by Kharron
That's just hilarious... well written.

One of these centuries sheeple will recognize religion for what it is... a joke.

I mostly agree with your statement, - for the exception of the term "Joke". Religion is a simple but powerful tool to control the masses by means of superstition. More on it at: raiwild55.blog.com...

I can say the very same thing about Politics and the body politic....that they are a religion trying to control the public/masses by means of fear and superstition. I can argue that they are teaching this same religion in public schools which they finance ...teaching fear and superstition...for purposes of control..or ..put another way...votes.

Be very careful....as to what you think is or is not religion.

I can say the very same thing about television and movies...that they teach and preach a religion...and a very misleading religion to those totally unawares of what is happening to them. I can also claim that people daily worship and devoutly at the altar of movies and television and that these things are become reality to them.

All I have to do to verify this is read how many people on ATS/BTS cannot describe an idea or concept ..outside of some movie or television program they have watched.

They have television/movie lives...television/movie emotions...television/movie thoughts..many of them not even theirs...and few even know this. It tells clearly where they have been worshipping.

BungleX,

If you enjoyed this then go watch movie by Bill Maher called "Religious" its online.

I will listen to Christians on how to live my life when Christians listen to Muslims on how to live their lives.

I don't listen to Bill Maher on anything. I have no respect for Bill and his brand of humor or entertainment. That quote above clearly shows his brand of humor. Entitlement thinking.

Your quote above also confirms my point about worshipping at the altar of to much television and movies. Bill Maher is not my demigod or hero to follow.

As to the quote in your signature...

signature

"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man" -Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson ..as is the same with Benjamin Franklin and John Adams..did not live long enough to know what came out of logic and reason of men into the French Revolution and then what came out of the French Revolution..by logic and reason into the Internationale...Karl Marx and Fredrick Ingles. Communism...Atheism. The new religion of logic and reason. reasonable men. The footprint that these logical and reasonable men of politic and gnosis...have left on this earth would sicken the founders. This view of what men of reason and logic have done is never brought out on posts like this while pushing this very same reason and logic as the know all and tell all of everything.

Logical and reasonable men have killed and slaughtered more people in the last 100/150 years than in previous centuries. Logic and reason..ie..public education has obviously failed many in this regard.

Be very careful what one thinks or does not think is a religion. It would take a very devout zealous religion to carry on the killing of so many in times of the worship of reason and logic as the know all and tell all of everything.

But by reason and logic...ie..public education ...we would never think of reason and logic being important ingredients of a religion..but they are indeed. A very devout and zealous religion. The very denial they attempt to put on others as an onus....they do themselves.

jfj123,

So what you're saying as that the homosexuals are using their FREEDOM OF SPEECH to express their views of laura? Surely you aren't suggesting that there are homosexuals trying to physically hurt her?

Homosexuals are being groomed by government, the media, and public education as a new influential voting block...for votes. Particularly in high electoral vote states. In this manner..combined with other groups who live, breath, and worship at the "victim class" altars..they can become the new combined voting block against the rest of the public interest.
It has already happened to the ignorance of most of the rest of the public.
This group, along with others following the same religion, is trying to hurt Dr Laura for voicing her opinion...using or misusing entitlement belief systems...one of which is what is referred to as the main stream media.

This became very clear about this homosexual movement and the media/politics when this person asked a question to a beauty contestant and then did not like or approve of her answer. I don't remember the names but it was a couple of years back. This questioner then proceeded to use/misuse the media..to totally roast this contestant and the media and other pro homosexuality groups began to weed through this woman's trash cans for anything they could use or misuse to destroy her.

I thought back then this is what Bill Maher and others think is greatness..entitlement. No thanks...not for me.
I think it is the dregs. This person asked the contestant their opinion..and when they did not approve this movement proceeded by any and every means at their disposal to roast her.
While I am not interested in beauty contests..I thought it totally unwarranted by this group. Nor did I find it the ethical moral high ground. I thought it cheap and very zealous religion/politics of the worst kind.
Entitlement religion/politics.

Are you really that afraid of homosexuals?

I have little respect for the homosexual movement. I am not afraid of them.

I don't approve of anyone ..homo or hetero ...who defines themselves by their sexuality. You have to go to school to get this dumb so as to define yourself as great or acceptable based on your sexuality. Only public education/entitlement religion/beliefs can dumb a person down this far as to believe devoutly, religiously, by entitlement....that you are acceptable on the basis of your sexuality.

I am not arguing here against sexuality. What I am saying is that people are so much more than sexuality...hetero or homo. Yet we have a group of people among us whose total claim to fame is their sexuality. Talk about stupid.!!

You have to be devoutly zealously stupid to think this is greatness and acceptability...that you can force this on others by default.

This also clearly shows how ignorant is the media, body politic, and public education for backing such ignorance. The only possible reason they can be doing this is for the votes it will generate in high electoral vote states where more of these peoples can be found.
It is the same pattern/fingerprint/religion being practiced on illegal aliens...for votes. And in both cases it is being practiced and manipulated/brainwashed on the American Public.

This manipulation/brainwashing..often takes place by a technique called

"Guilt Conditioning"

Which is exactly what was attempted to be used on this beauty contestant to intimidate the rest of us...by guilt. It does not work on me.

I thought it was the lowest of the low by the media and this movement.
And it was clearly a zealous religion in play. The religion of logic and reason...now morphed into entitlement belief systems.

Whenever in history men have attempted to promote the greatness of men....by logic and reason...they return to their animal baseness...total depravity. One means of the expression of this is sexualty of all kinds. This is demonstratable in history if one knows where and how to look at the so called great civilizations.

The body politic..in financing public education and its shills...the MSM will pick and choose the "guilt conditioning " methods and causes of the day to use/misue on us as needed to support their zealous devout religion.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Great find OP.It really made me laugh.

If the guy is serious about these stuff and he really believes them we are looking at a real psycho.He is going to murder everyone he knows because of the haircut or the fabric of their clothes.

Human stupidity never seize to amaze me

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78b05745e3b4.jpg[/atsimg]

By the way JaxonRoberts i love that pic.....

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aussie Bill

you need to learn and understand the dispensations of time and the cultures pertaining to it.
First was Adam and creation.
The Mazzaroth was used to tell the gospel story. Man came to know Hayah from creation. Then the next dispensation was the law and Moses, each approx. 2k years. Then came grace and Yashayah and next will be the Kingdom age. Amazing how they are clearly defined for the relevant dispensations and yet timeless where we apply them in deeper ways today because of our deeper understandings of who our Father truly is. A manifold wisdom for the true seekers and a stumbling block for the stiff necked and the proud in heart.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

It is really difficult for you to focus isn't it? Since we were talking about the bible I would think even you could have picked up on the fact I was referring to the definition of the word kill in biblical terms. Don't have time for games.

Like I said you have the Militant Homosexuals come after you and then tell me if you believe your rights were violated. You have crowds of people shouting outside your work,calling your work,calling your home. Crowds of people shouting outside your home
day and night. Yeah you're right they did nothing to take away her right of free speech.
They used the same routine with the APA and the churches and whoever else happened to simply have a different opinion.

You must feel terribly threatened by Rush.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by alienreality

But if what you say is true, then that means you are saying the ten commandments don't have to be followed by Christians.

quote]Originally posted by juniperberry

Originally posted by alienreality
This was God's new agreement with humanity to follow Christ.

And where is THAT written down?

Now I know one of thosee qouotes is not intended as a "real" comment, but to prove a point, but I have used it anyway becasue it helps clarify what I am about to say.

Somewhere int eh New Testament - Can't rememebr the Chapter and Verse, Jese actually replaces the whole of Leviticus and 10 commandments etc. with 2 commandments:

Love God; Love they neighbour.

If we take "Love" to mean "Respect" as I usually do - based on the whole forgiveness and turn the otehr cheek message, then by logical deduction - to repsect your neighbour would stop you breaking any of the laws in teh 10 commandments anyway, would it not? Siilarly, a respect for God (i.e. his gift of life) would also stop us doing a lot of the things in Leviticus too. It's a very clever summing up of the whole system of laws isn't it??

Having said that - back the the original point about this Dr. making wild statements about what is abhorrent - I beleive we are told that we are not to judge others as only God knows their hearts and minds. we should forgive their sins, otherwise we will be judged asfailing the whole "respect" thing ourselves.

Lawks! Would you believe I am actually an Atheist!??

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join