It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS meets Google Wave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

ATS meets Google Wave

www.youtube.com

A wave is equal parts conversation and document. People can communicate and work together with richly formatted text, photos, videos, maps, and more.

A wave is shared. Any participant can reply anywhere in the message, edit the content and add participants at any point in the process. Then playback lets anyone rewind the wave to see who said what and when.

A wave is live. With live transmission as you type, participants on a wave can have faster conversations, see edits and interact with extensions in real-time.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
wave.google.com...

If you watch the video, you may come to the conclusion that this is the perfect way to keep topics alive with a great overview.
I think we should try it at least.
1year ago a friend of mine showed me this program. Ive used it 2times, didnt saw any use of it at the time. It was fun, but i rather play gran turismo 5.
With ATS is see a use of this program.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I've been using Google Wave -- off and on -- for about six month or so.

I will admit that I am a Google fan so I was keen to try the "Wave" as soon as I could. Like a number of Google products, however, the program was available "by invitation only". I suppose that this was meant to build some hype for the product. It worked well enough for G-Mail, Google Voice and a few other Google products. It's part of Google's marketing strategy. Fortunately, I was able to get my invite fairly quickly and I was among the early "wavers".

The problem was, as I found myself "waving" with those few who had the Wave, I found myself wondering ....why?

For all intent and purpose, the Wave seemed like nothing more than MSN Messager on steroids. In fact, MSN Messager was actually easier to use! For the most part, by comparison, the Wave was down right confusing!
Until, one day, I was trying to collaborate on some work with a friend on the West Coast. That's when I discovered what the Google folks seemed to realize from the start -- the Wave is a great tool for collaboration!

Two or more people can write...edit ..... add pictures, videos and sound ....simultaneously on one document. While this might sound confusing, if you consider trying to 'brainstorm' an idea or to work on a 'text project', it can
actually become an invaluable tool or aid!

At the present time, the Wave has stopped being by invite only and is open for everyone to access. It's certainly worth a look-see but if you want to see it's real potential -- try working in collaboration with someone or a group. The Wave's real value should be become readily apparent.

Of course, Google Wave can still be a great alternative to MSN Messenger...... like I said, the Wave is on steroids!

As far as being used on ATS, I can certainly see members getting together to use this program to collaborate on writing threads or in doing research. I'm not a "techie" by any stretch of the imagination, that said, I can't envision the Wave somehow being incorporated into the site. Of course, don't quote me. I'm only speaking as a member here. Who knows what the future might bring?

edit on by benevolent tyrant because: to add a sentence that I had, inadvertantly, omitted.
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
ill have to chekc that out....when will google stop???

new topics

top topics

join