It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerned citizens agains outsourcing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Source

If this doesn't brighten your day i just don't know what will. What can even be done about things like this. It seems no matter which way you turn the idiots are always one step ahead.

This is one of the replies to the article about customer service calls being transferred overseas while you're online.

"THANK YOU, Sen. Schumer. I would like to speak with someone who speaks fluid English. The language barrier only complicates the problem I originally called about!"

Enjoy -

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Spazzy

Most of us have probably encountered this problem quite frequently and we'd all like to speak with someone who speaks our language fluently. U.S. companies using foreign calling banks should be charged/fined for it. Almost all languages are spoken in the U.S. so profits are the only excuse they have for such practices.

I personally believe that U.S. companies that take any part of their business outside of the U.S. for cheap labor/tax purposes should be banned from selling/using products/services from that facility inside the U.S.

If they wish to open a factory in another country...fine...but do not close down or reduce productions in their U.S. based factories. It should be about expansion, not outsourcing for cheap labor.

Anyway, that's my opinion, some may feel differently, that's their choice

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
note that the english speaker is complaining about foreigners not speaking "fluid" english.

join