It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu cancels US trip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Netanyahu cancels US trip

www.nowlebanon.com

Israeli radio reported on Monday that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has decided to return home immediately from his Canada-US trip in the wake of a deadly Israeli naval raid on a Gaza-bound aid convoy earlier during the day, which left at least 10 dead.

Netanyahu was expected to meet with US President Barak Obama on Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Due to the Israeli attack on the aid ships, Bibi will no longer traveling to the US to discuss the progression of the peace talks. However, Abbas is currently still scheduled to be in DC next week for the same discussion.

Let's not forget Bibi also canceled last month for the nuclear talks.

This story is still developing, I heard it on cnn, but they have not put it online as yet, this link was the only online info I could find.

www.nowlebanon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Oh and like he didnt know he would be going home before the meeting!! I mean he knew what was about to take place when the floatila approched gaza. Another slap in the face of the usa and the peace talks.
Seems the end of peace talks now forever. Israel lost all credibility for peace talks.
The arab world will unite against israel now even more, turkey is now pissed and iran will be bold, if they can get egypt on board it wil be too bad for isreal----the world should blockade ISRAEL

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

I agree, I believe he had no intention of meeting with Obama. Honestly, I do not believe that the goal of the Israeli government has ever been to coexist peacefully WITH the Palestinians.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I don't know about anyone here but I think israel are wanting the world to attack them. Its like they are never happy unless they can complain about how the world views them.
I'm sure in another 50years we will all have to give them someone else's land again to stop them from moaning about how victimized they are as "God's chosen people".

I've had enough of the blame game, israel has just used up any sympathy I may have had for them. They need to be brought into line by the rest of the world....

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

He wasnt welcome in Canada so I doubt he will have a warm welcome in the states too.

When people criticize Israel, Israelis like to say that their critics are anti semites which is just plain pathetic.

That's like someone who criticizes George Bush being called an anti- Christ or that the wars in the middle east led by the U.S is a Christian war.

When people who are critical of the Israeli government, the common tactic when facing such a view is to say that that group is attacking their religious beliefs, they are anti semites and are holocaust deniers or approvers.

Shame. When will this lame tactic be stopped from being used by the Israeli government?

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Shadow Herder]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I had enough of their crap when they were bombing the Gaza Strip, using those white phospherus bombs. But I think this is going way overboard. I am sure their intelligence knew what was on board those boats. It's time for all countries to unite and sanction the hell out of Israel

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Sunday May 30th, there was a large Jewish demonstration at the Exhibition Place in Toronto with Israeli flags, to coincide (perhaps) with Netanyahu's visit.

Want to know what the message was?

"Jews against Zionism"

So, not all Jews are the same, and certainly you can't call them anti-semites.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Isn't obama on vacation?

And after the cold reception last time, I don't blame Netanyahu for canceling this 'phantom meeting'.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
People say that you are anti-semitic if you are against Israel for the main reason that you are in support of a theocracy in which there are no freedoms. The women are oppressed in this society, what you can say/do/hear are constrained in this society, you can be in harms way if you do not follow the majority religion, you are bred on media of bloodshed and bullets and so on. I have a feeling a lot of people use the "anti-semitic, anti-Israel not me! card" to hide their true intentions.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
Oh and like he didnt know he would be going home before the meeting!! I mean he knew what was about to take place when the floatila approched gaza. Another slap in the face of the usa and the peace talks.
Seems the end of peace talks now forever. Israel lost all credibility for peace talks.
The arab world will unite against israel now even more, turkey is now pissed and iran will be bold, if they can get egypt on board it wil be too bad for isreal----the world should blockade ISRAEL

I agree that Netanyahu really didn't want to meet with Obama again. The last meeting was a huge slap in the face at Israel. Obama thought he could lecture and intimidate Netanyahu - he was wrong.

I also agree that Israel probably knew there would be bloodshed if they tried to board the ships. I am sure the ships contained many truly good, innocent, well meaning civilians. I am also sure that Hamas and other groups planted some of their members among the civilians with the intent of causing a conflict. That is the way things work in that area of the world. Hamas and the other groups care nothing about how many civilians are killed as long as it looks good on TV. I am actually surprised they didn't sink one of the ships and try to blame it on Israel.

As for everyone uniting against Israel that might be what they want. Sound Idiotic? Think about it - If all of the Arab countries attack Israel in a REAL war she will be justified in defending herself in any way required. All of her enemies would be decimated and would not cause trouble for years to come. The major powers would most likely not risk direct involvement because they don't care about the middle east very much to begin with. In the absence of a major war Israel will continue to suffer a continuous stream of little attacks and provocations - all staged for the TV.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule
I agree that Netanyahu really didn't want to meet with Obama again. The last meeting was a huge slap in the face at Israel. Obama thought he could lecture and intimidate Netanyahu - he was wrong.

I do not think that obama thought Netanyahu was going to bow down to him, however I do think that it taught Netanyahu that Obama won't bow to him either.

[quote\]I also agree that Israel probably knew there would be bloodshed if they tried to board the ships. I am sure the ships contained many truly good, innocent, well meaning civilians. I am also sure that Hamas and other groups planted some of their members among the civilians with the intent of causing a conflict. That is the way things work in that area of the world. Hamas and the other groups care nothing about how many civilians are killed as long as it looks good on TV. I am actually surprised they didn't sink one of the ships and try to blame it on Israel.

Well, I do not know that there were any actual terrorists onboard the ships. I also do not believe that the Israeli's were initially using paintballs. I believe they bored the ship to stop it, but whatever means necessary. However, being the trigger happy Israeli's that they are, they launched their "defense" in international waters, which makes them no different than pirates. By launching the attack, in the manner they it makes no difference to me who was or wasn't on that ship they committed an offensive act and any one aboard that ship was acting defensively, they had every right to fight off whoever was illegally boarding their ship.

[quote\]As for everyone uniting against Israel that might be what they want. Sound Idiotic? Think about it - If all of the Arab countries attack Israel in a REAL war she will be justified in defending herself in any way required. All of her enemies would be decimated and would not cause trouble for years to come. The major powers would most likely not risk direct involvement because they don't care about the middle east very much to begin with. In the absence of a major war Israel will continue to suffer a continuous stream of little attacks and provocations - all staged for the TV.

You know I could see as their m.o. they love being seen as the victim and only acting to defend itself. However, the government has pissed off a lot of people, and not all of them are Arab. If all of the Arab nations united and launched an official, full on, coordinated attack, I am not certain they would be decimated. This would be assuming that the US would remain silent, which I am also not convinced would happen, but anything is possible.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by searching4truth]

[edit on 31-5-2010 by searching4truth]

top topics

join