It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Costarica : UFO during volcanic eruption?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I wonder if this video is posted before, I did a search but could not find it.

If it was already posted I will immediately delete this one.

It looks pretty real to me; you can even see the UFO [due its light reflection] moving through the cloud.

I realize very well that that doesn’t say anything anymore because it nevertheless could be faked or hoaxed.

So I am really interested to other opinions or explanations about it.

Costarica : UFO during volcanic eruption

Sorry for the bad language.

[edit on 31/5/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I've seen this video somewhere before just can't remember where. It is a bit too small to base any kind of opinion on. However, it did appear that when the UFO came out of the top you could see how the smoke from the volcano got caught up it it's wake. I'm not a video expert and don't have any editing software to blow it up and take a closer look. Good find though, interesting.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
I'm not a video expert and don't have any editing software to blow it up and take a closer look.

The same counts for me.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
You know, with the latest addition of Adobe, I just can't trust video anymore.
However it is entertaining, nice find.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is taken from the viewing point at Arenal near La Fortuna. Unless the 'thing' is directly over the volcano then it will be flying pretty much over the town of La Fortuna.

It looks very fake to me. There's not really anyway to get close to the volcano so I would guess it has to be cgi or something.

I personally think there are more exciting things in La Fortuna than cgi...such as the crocs

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
There's not really anyway to get close to the volcano so I would guess it has to be cgi or something.

What has "There's not really anyway to get close to the volcano" to do with if it is yes or no cgi or something?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

There's not really anyway to get close to the volcano so I would guess it has to be cgi or something.

What has "There's not really anyway to get close to the volcano" to do with if it is yes or no cgi or something?

because it's not likely to be a radio controller helicopter, something on string or something like that within the range that it must be flying.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

because it's not likely to be a radio controller helicopter, something on string or something like that within the range that it must be flying.

Oke, now I understand what you did mean there, thanks for your explanation.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
That's about the second most obvious case of CGI that I have ever seen. With the Canadian spiral being the top...

Here is the same video from 3 years ago...
www.metacafe.com...

I'm looking for the original without the CGI now...

[edit on 31-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

This is now the new problem with UFO videos. The first thing people these days scream is FAKE, CGI, or photoshop. I don't know...

Unless it lands on their front lawn people will scream FAKE! I do a lot of photoshopping and yes it could be fake [Most likely it is ] but still the UFO community was very excited with the explosion of personal video recording devices in the public hands for just such an occasion instead of grainy or blurry snapshots, in the hopes that they will actually capture something real. Too bad video editing software has also kept pace.

We now find ourselves trying to figure out if it's fake or real.

S & F

PEACE

Slay

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

I'm looking for the original without the CGI now...

You made me really curious.

[edit on 31/5/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Reading more about this, it seems this video was made privately in 2003. Possibly on September 5th, 2003 when there was an eruption there.

The guy who made the video claims he owns the land where the film was made, and he is now trying to sell it.

If there really was a UFO on his video made in 2003, then why did he wait 3-4 years to upload it...right when he was trying to sell the property.

Seems the earliest I can find that video in 2006. If I had a UFO that prominent in a video I made, I wouldn't wait 3 years to upload it.

It's a fake.

This is an upload of the same video from 2008: www.indyarocks.com...

This guy is trying to sell a property that he can't sell and places a CGI UFO into a legitimate video he made to increase sale potential.

And by the way, the guy who claimed he was trying to sell the property had a website that is no longer in existence.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

This is now the new problem with UFO videos. The first thing people these days scream is FAKE, CGI, or photoshop. I don't know...

Unless it lands on their front lawn people will scream FAKE! I do a lot of photoshopping and yes it could be fake [Most likely it is ] but still the UFO community was very excited with the explosion of personal video recording devices in the public hands for just such an occasion instead of grainy or blurry snapshots, in the hopes that they will actually capture something real. Too bad video editing software has also kept pace.

We now find ourselves trying to figure out if it's fake or real. Slay

Hi Slay, thanks for your reply, you are right by saying that this is now the new problem with UFO videos and the first thing people these days scream is FAKE, CGI, or photoshop.

If it is justified I have no problem with it of course, but it sorely don’t count for all the videos.

And that’s the problem because how do you proof these days if a real video is not a FAKE, CGI, or photoshop.

The same happened with UFO pictures.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

And that’s the problem because how do you proof these days if a real video is not a FAKE, CGI, or photoshop.

By figuring out when the actual eruption took place, and looking for other videos of the same eruption and looking for that object in them

I have found a video of the same volcano erupting in 2007 with no UFO, but this video was first seen in 2006.
Again, I ask....if this is real, then why did the guy wait 3 years to show it to anyone. He admits HERE that he took the video in 2003.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Reading more about this, it seems this video was made privately in 2003. Possibly on September 5th, 2003 when there was an eruption there.

The guy who made the video claims he owns the land where the film was made, and he is now trying to sell it.

If there really was a UFO on his video made in 2003, then why did he wait 3-4 years to upload it...right when he was trying to sell the property.

Seems the earliest I can find that video in 2006. If I had a UFO that prominent in a video I made, I wouldn't wait 3 years to upload it.

Well, I have no idea why he did wait as you said some 3-4 years before he did post it, he obviously must have had his reasons for that.

But it nevertheless isn’t proof that it is therefore a fake or hoax in my opinion.

Only the as you claim existing original video without that “inserted object/ufo” could clear those things up.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

This video already discussed before and I provided the information about the
videographer Nico Pisani from Costa Rica. Check the thread and my post here.

NOTE: The original YouTube link is not working, the video has been removed.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

This video already discussed before and I provided the information about the
videographer Nico Pisani from Costa Rica. Check the thread and my post here.

Thanks for this info, now I understand why I did not find an already posted thread about it due a search because I searched under the name Costarica, my bad.

It’s clear to me now because I did read internos view on it and yours and that is enough for me to see that it is a hoax.

But I must admit that I can’t see/recognize such things in any way.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Can't say why, but something about that looks artificial.

new topics

top topics

join