It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Channelings and channeled material

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So what are channelings? What do you guys think? Are the people that do channelings really letting non-physical beings be able to communicate with humans on the physical world? Do the mediums in a way, step aside to let the hyperdimensional being access to their body to use it to communicate to others? Or is the person just schizophrenic and making up everything in his or her minds?

Personally I have found that some of the most fascinating info has come from channeled material. From detailed information about the way reality and nature works, (Conversations with God,Seth, Elias, Abraham-Hicks) to talk about an upcoming shift in consciousness to that of a higher dimensional level. There is even one on that gives the life story of Jesus, which is in the Urantia Book.

Furthermore there are alledged Alien beings who also channel through humans, such as Cafth, and Monn... I doubt zetatalk highly because of the obvious planet X hoax.

Here's the link on all the channeled material I know, readin enough channeled material is enough to convince most people that there could be something genuine in these things:

Abraham-Hicks
Abraham-Hicks links
Seth
Elias
The Urantia book, with an alledged detailed biography of Yeshua
Conversations with God
A course in Miracles (Jesus is channeled)
Bashar

And two of the alledged Alien beings,

Monn

Cafth

These that I've mentioned here are each mindblowers, and food for thought..

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
i will be honest and admit i have no idae where the info comes from.
its either direct from the source or via a 3rd party.
im still learning (At 30
) but strive to be more knowledgeable as i progress with this affliction i sometimes feel it is.
i dont beleive in god as i have never seen or heard anything to suggest so. therfor i cant go up that road. but i will never say never. as for the Alien area...who knows. i read a segment on Starchildren once and it seemed to hit a nerve with me, but i dont know why.
for now i will accept that i am being contacted directly from the source of the information. because otherwise i will waste energy seeking the real truth (if there is one)
personaly, i have an overwhelming need to help others. and i dont know why. im carefull who i share with, and also carefull what and who i trust. as sometimes the blind can lead the blind.

but i will strive for the truth as long as i am able.

thanks for sharing that m8

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Nobody interested in channeled material, or want to discuss it??? It applies to perhaps 50% or more, of all questions people make in opening new threads here on ATS...

If it's legit, the answer to the biggest Earth mysteries lie in these channelings, if not... Welll then nice try, but no cigar..

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Btw, I forgot Lilblam's favorite channeled material, the cassiopaeans... Which would fall under the aliens category...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Honestly ... I don't buy most of the 'channeled material'.
I don't think anyone can channel Christ. I don't even
want to think that people would allow and even
invite spooks to take over their bodies and use them.
Evil spooks lie. Why would you want to share your
body with something that could be evil? No thanks.

Sorry. But that's how I feel.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
And how would we know if the being is evil or not? Would it be evil when the ideas given in the channeled material conflict with a certain religion??

Also, what is so different with Jesus that channeling him would not be possible???

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Here is a page with quotes from the Conversation with God books...

They are very interesting...

www.crossroad.to...

This one stands out:

Now I�ll explain to you the ultimate mystery: your exact and true relationship to Me. YOU ARE MY BODY. As your body is to your mind and soul, so too, are you to My mind and soul. Therefore: Everything I experience I experience through you.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Way back in the 60's? 70's? there was a book SETH SPEAKS, by Jane Roberts. That was supposed to be Channeling from a Higher Being. As for me, sure, I believe people can channel spirits.

Some people simply seem more enlightened than others.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yep, that's the third link that I posted, I think it's one of the most accurate descriptions of reality...

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
sorry......

my bad......

I'll look at the links now *sheepish look*

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
There is no way to check if the information isn't made up by the channeler. To create a compelling and convincing story, the story doesn't have to be true. Personally, until some channeler allows to participate in a double-blind test, I don't believe it.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
i would suppose people on this board may have personal experience of channeling. my thoughts on the subject is it is in the realm of things not to do.

if you have personal experience of channeling, it is a weird sensation to have something attach themselves to you and actually talk through you.

you actually feel something is talking through you which is not you. this was something i did not like, and how on earth do people ever trust something like that.

also in a todays world of mind control, how do you know it is not the intelligence agencies that the words come from. maybe a hundred years ago channeling may have been real, but in todays world i doubt any government would want there public in touch with something or someone not of this world giving them info etc...

i personally stopped straight away, because i did not like the feeling of something talking through me, it is a very weird sensation, and like i said above how do you know what that something is that is talking through you.

my advise is to leave it alone, PERIOD

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by amantine
There is no way to check if the information isn't made up by the channeler.

Actually there could be a way, comparisons could be made between what is said in the channelings and science. For example, I've read somewhere that in the Urantia book they were talking about something that was discoverd by science years later. I can't confirm the story and I can't remember what it is though.

Also,

The Conversations with God books, for example (I think I read that part in book two) predicted that they would try to boycot and get Bill Clinton out of office about four years before the whole intern affair.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
i would suppose people on this board may have personal experience of channeling. my thoughts on the subject is it is in the realm of things not to do.

my advise is to leave it alone, PERIOD

By the way, parts of the bible and other religious material can also be the result of channeling...

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
having witnessed a possession ... i still am not sure as to how to answer the question.

I do think that certain people are more receptive than others, but whether it is from an outside source or not, i am not sure. when those being channelled can say facts that would not be known to them is really the big question, knowing there is the akashic records, i am not sure if the person has accessed these records somehow to find these details or if some "entity" is actually providing it to them.

and btw, i wouldn't try it either.

and those links contain some really fascinating #...

[edit on 6-10-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
What are channelings?

Intuition, creative ideas, sometimes even inferences and conclusions.

The process of thought-sharing with other minds is ubiquitous.

Probably every book you have ever read was created by a number of minds that focused on one human writer, to reason through it or do the research.

Many highly spiritual humans exploit committees of focused minds to arrive at a path through a process or through an issue.

No man is an island.

Garbage in, ... garbage out.

What you think is what you become.

You've read all these cliches.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
They call 'info recieved from ____' channelings. (Fill in the blank I guess. I don't believe in the alien theroy that everyone else does and I don't like the word ghosts).
The non-physical beings don't take over. We don't move aside and let them talk etc like you see on tv. It's just like talking on the phone. The person your talking to isn't there, but your still receiving information from them.
I'm sure alot of mediums are fakes/liars, and alot of them may actually be suffering from a mental problem w/ dillutions. But there those who are normal, intelligent people that can preceive more than those around them. Just like when you hear a quiet noise and the person with you don't hear it (when there is an actual noise, but person with you can't hear it) - it means you can preceive things in a broader range.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I was reading a very good book called "The Flower Of Life" not sure if anyone else has read it or not. I believe the author said he was having contact with the god Thoth. He says all his knowledge came from Thoth in visions.. from what I understand he was able to explain certain compartments of the pyramids which previously could not be explained. I'm not saying I believe or not but its interesting to fathom nonetheless..

new topics

top topics

join