It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria, Lebanon say flotilla attack can lead to war - Summary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Syria, Lebanon say flotilla attack can lead to war - Summary

www.earthtimes.org

Damascus - Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri said Monday that Israel's attack on a flotilla of aid bound for Gaza threatens to ignite a war in the region.
Syria and Lebanon "condemn the heinous crime committed by Israel through the brutal attacks on unarmed civilians on board the Freedom Flotilla," both leaders said in a joint statement, after a pre- planned meeting in Damascus.
They have warned that Israel's "violations of basic humanitarian norms and international laws threatens to plunge the Middle East into a war which will not only affect th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Yep this is certainly true. I personally cannot see how tensions will decrease at all after today's bloodbath on the seas. I mean things were really bad before this event, with IDF air raids increasing steadily and rocket fire from Gaza increasing as well. Surely todays events can only 'fuel the fire' so to speak. I don't want war at all but i have had this feeling for months now that a new conflict is imminent over there. There are just too many things falling into place.

www.earthtimes.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Assad is a man of much rhetoric but little action. A war with Israel means the destruction of Israel. In contrast to many previous wars, Israel will suffer many casualties, but their military cannot be beaten by their Arab counterparts.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Ok Im sorry but if your gonna talk SH*T in 2010 you better back it up.
Im getting tired of the "saber rattling" nonsense from every country on Earth.

Look if something is gonna happen then holy crap lets get it on allready!
Other wise America, Iran, N Korea, S Korea, China, Russia, Israel, and every other country should just SHUT THE HECK UP!

This could mean war.. Yeah uhhh ok like everything else which basically means lets talk alot. I'm not saying I want war, I'm just getting tired of being bombarded from every direction with it lately.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Ok Im sorry but if your gonna talk SH*T in 2010 you better back it up.
Im getting tired of the "saber rattling" nonsense from every country on Earth.

Look if something is gonna happen then holy crap lets get it on allready!
Other wise America, Iran, N Korea, S Korea, China, Russia, Israel, and every other country should just SHUT THE HECK UP!

This could mean war.. Yeah uhhh ok like everything else which basically means lets talk alot. I'm not saying I want war, I'm just getting tired of being bombarded from every direction with it lately.

Stop swearing and calm down. You sound like an irate child who has been playing on his Xbox for too long.

Go get some fresh air.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
War, haha . Who is going to attack Israel and get a worse hammering than the 7 day war?

All mouth and no action. If Turkey decided to get involved it would be a different matter mind, they are in a different league than the Arab nations as far as military might is concerned.

looks like its all about to boil over in the world.

S.Korea & USA v N.Korea

Isreal & USA v Iran & various arab countries.

Which might lead to the EU sending more support troups to Iraq and Afganistan to fill in for the missing US troups.

Leaving a gap for Russian to invade the EU

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
These ships were told they would be stopped. They were stopped,thats what happens when you try and run a military blockade,nothing less should have been expected,it was stupid on the part of the leaders of this flotilla to have thought they would not be stopped. All other discussions related to why palistine is blockaded is for another thread and should be handled in another manner other than attempting to run a military blockade. They were just told yesterday they would be stopped and when they were the soldiers were attacked another stupid move which resulted in people getting killed.
The fact that this happened in international waters may hold some repercussions for Israel but I really dont think Israel cares and if they are attacked by Syria or Lebanon it'll be bad for Syria and Lebanon. They'll be hammered into oblivion this time, Israel imo is through playing around they feel they're being pushed into a corner and I believe they'll counter attack any nation who attacks them in an overwhelming manner.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

LOL your right, I've had a bad day and decided to declare war on ATS my bad. seriously.

Took a shower feel much better.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If there is a war Israel will nuke everything , you can be sure. The attack showed that they don't have any ethical considerations.

So war will be avoided, not by Israel, but by the rest of the world. This is sad, but true. Israel will continues to escalate this because they know they have the power.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think Israel has reached the conclusion that a real WAR is the only way they can survive. Hamas and the other groups arrayed against Israel don't want to fight them directly (except maybe Iran). They have chosen to try to beat Israel down and make it accept bad compromises one after another by instigating small conflicts that cause civilian deaths. We already know that Hamas doesn't even flinch at killing their own countrymen so they have no reservations at all about killing anyone else. They target people from Europe and other countries just to try and undermine any support Israel still has.

If Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Hamas and all of the other enemies of Israel in the area were to actually fight Israel they would be decimated by nuclear weapons. Israel would be in an existential fight so it would be able to claim justification for this action. Israel would suffer heavy casualties, but their enemies would be destroyed. In their would of bad choices that might actually be the best one for their continued existence. Recent experience has shown that any kind of a limited war doesn't bring any improvement to the situation.

Iran is the big problem in that they may already have nuclear weapons that they could use against Israel. This not only complicates the situation but adds a deadline for some kind of action. If you think Israel will hold anything back in the next war I think you may be mistaken. I also seriously doubt that Israel has only 80 nuclear weapons. 200 to 400 seems a lot more likely.

new topics

top topics

join