It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AstroEngineers Blog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Some of you may remember AstroEngineer. For those who don't, he had started a thread telling a story about some fascinating things that he discovered while working for NASA. He was telling the story over several posts and went into quite a lot of technical detail, which was great, but seemed to frustrate many people because they were suffering from TL;DR and just wanted to skip to the end of the story. Long story short, his thread topics were closed and he was bashed for everything from "writing ficiton" to providing false credentials (or not providing them at all). So he also began posting the story on his blog, astroengineer.wordpress.com...

Since then he has blogged about many other subjects which are quite interesting, and would make great submissions to ATS if he were ever "allowed" to come back (he even has a short post on why he can no longer post on ATS).

Anyway, I just happened to visit his blog today and noticed the many posts he has made since the first one that he started. Many interesting topics, I would suggest it's worth a look.

Note that I am not an advocate of his, I am taking no position on whether his writings are genuine or not, except to say that being an engineer myself, all of the technical aspects of his accounts are dead on. I do think it's sad that he was drummed out of ATS, while certain other people who claim to be aliens from the future coming to warn us how to save the earth are fawned upon.

At any rate, again I suggest checking out astroengineer.wordpress.com... and decide for yourself.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

I must admit i became a fan of his almost straight away and was disappointed when he was turned on,
He seemed to demonstrate great knowledge and i was impressed with his account of the Nazi involvement with NASA, building the first Apollo crafts..

Von Braun...

"skewed, and upon that cap the skull and crossbones “death’s head” logo of the SS. I felt sick. How had I not understood it when I saw it on Von Braun’s pin?"

So S&F for your post, Blazer

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
He was banned for good reason. (edited to add- He wasn't banned, sorry, I misspoke there. His threads were shut down for GOOD REASON)

I wouldn't read his blog if I was being paid to do so.

I bet he has a lot of topics he is pushing on his site. Funny how a guy who worked for NASA has much more to share then just his one "situation" that he created his account to talk about. If you remember, he joined just to tell us about "one incident" on his job. Now he is sharing a whole slew of subjects as if he is the new Alex Jones of space-conspiracy...Hmmmm.

If you can not see that he is simply trying to start a business off of fabricated stories, then that is fine. I can see clearly that this guy is simply trying to get an audience.

You are doing him a great service.

I also find it funny how this guy has went to every site on the internet that talks about conspiracy or radical concepts just to promote his blog.

He was asked to prove he worked for NASA but he never answered. He stated it was because he needed secrecy, because if they found him there would be trouble.

And what? NASA has no way to track this guy's blog? Really...the stupidity it would take to accept that is astounding.

Nobody can get away with posting a free-blog on a crappy free-blog site, releasing sensitive top-secret classified information, and still enjoy a happy online existence.

His stories are not classified secrets...they are lies. And that is why his blog is being allowed to survive in the face of our military and our CIA. If this was even close to being true, that blog wouldn't be there.

When questioned about the new ID badges used even by NASA janitors, he failed to even retort.

When the holes in his stories were pointed out with links to information that discredited his writings, his answer was-

"oh, you are clever to notice that. But, I changed that tid-bit of info to throw the government off my tracks"

REALLY!? Is that what I have to accept? Every time he writes something that is debunked or proven wrong- I have to say to myself-

"naw, he wrote that wrong on purpose! So NASA won't know who he is! He is being sly and smart, not dumb and dishonest!"

Yeah...sure...

The guy is full of beans and looking to compete with ATS and all other sites of its nature.

Enjoy his stories.

PS- You say as an engineer that his information was "spot on". That's funny, I saw some very intelligent posts (many from engineers and programmers) pointing out many holes in his "spot on" details about technology.

Sorry, they guy is selling goofy stories...he is lying.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

This is Astros account of himself, Regarding ATS mods..

have been asked several times why I stopped posting on Above Top Secret. The mods at Above Top Secret surely must have a difficult job to do if the reaction I got from my postings is any indication. I don’t envy them that role. Having said that, they have closed the only two threads I have started. In both cases preventing me from responding. This lack of response from me has then been used by many members of ATS as a basis for criticism of me. Also, in explaining the last thread closure it was vaguely explained by a moderator that the thread was closed because I failed to provide information as promised. This has been interpreted by many ATS users to mean that mods had asked me for proof of my professional pedigree and I had failed to deliver. That is wholly untrue. I received no such request from mods. They must have been referring to my inability to produce the story of my last experience quickly enough for the audience. That seems to me rather unfair. I was producing the document as quickly as I was able. Closing that thread and making that statement only furthered a negative perception of me.

They have intentionally or unintentionally made it impossible for me to fruitfully participate on ATS at this time. Perhaps I will be able to again in the future, I would hope so. They are likely well intentioned, I have no reason to suspect otherwise, I just can’t imagine my participation within that community at this time would be welcomed or rewarding..

I think he was a bit hard done bye IMHO...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
reply to post by Mr Mask

This is Astros account of himself, Regarding ATS mods..

have been asked several times why I stopped posting on Above Top Secret. The mods at Above Top Secret surely must have a difficult job to do if the reaction I got from my postings is any indication.

Yup, he is right...being a Mod here must be hard work.

But, no matter how hard of a job it is, they STILL get the job done and find time to close threads that are unworthy of ATS standards.

Gotta applaud them.

I don’t envy them that role. Having said that, they have closed the only two threads I have started. In both cases preventing me from responding.

Both his threads were open for over 60 pages. He cut-n-pasted his fictional work on those threads, the same way he did on many other sites. Never once did he respond to anyone asking him questions.

He was given a chance to answer everything, and failed to do so, time and time again.

He didn't come here to speak with us about something incredible. He came here to post his short-story that he wrote in his spare time.

He was given weeks in the spot light to explain himself. Now he posts that his threads died before he could explain anything?

Poppycock.

He ignored over 150 members all asking questions daily.

And kept just advertising his blog and his gimmick.

This lack of response from me has then been used by many members of ATS as a basis for criticism of me.

No kidding...

You post the most sensational information in the history of mankind, and refuse to actually answer questions about it...

Yeah, I can see why many members called "phony" on this guy.

I have doubts he is even the real author. A good reason to not answer questions would be because the poster was just one of his little minions trying to help him spread his product across the net.

Also, in explaining the last thread closure it was vaguely explained by a moderator that the thread was closed because I failed to provide information as promised.

He sure did.

Each and every single one of us could easily prove where we work, but who would care about many of our jobs?

This guy came in saying some seriously huge crap, and failed to even answer questions that proved he ever entered a single NASA building.

This has been interpreted by many ATS users to mean that mods had asked me for proof of my professional pedigree and I had failed to deliver. That is wholly untrue. I received no such request from mods.

And he also delivered nothing but a story that had hundreds of factual errors and misunderstandings of basic technologies, never-mind more "classified ones".

He failed to back up his story. Plain and simple.

They must have been referring to my inability to produce the story of my last experience quickly enough for the audience. That seems to me rather unfair.
I was producing the document as quickly as I was able.

Another lie...

Whle he had hundreds of people waiting for his story that he insisted was being typed up for ATS to read...it was found that he already had the entire story posted elsewhere.

He told us that time was a restraint and that he was trying hard to finish typing the story up for us all...but in actuality, it was already a "finished product" and he was baiting us along.

He even told us clearly-

"I think now is a good time to take a little break and get my audience's mouths watering while they wait".

He even told us-

"he was excited to release his next installment for his audience"

Yeah...sounds like a guy who may have minutes, hours, days left to live before the CIA shows up to shut him up...

No really...take your time, advertise, go all over the net and share links to your new fascinating blog!!! Its ok if the government is looking to silence you, take your time and make it fun for the audience!

Sure...

Closing that thread and making that statement only furthered a negative perception of me.

Yes...a closed thread is to blame.

Not the hundreds of holes in his story that were pointed to and then ignored.

Not the weight of the situation.

Not the fact that the guy was often contradicting himself or producing work that was easy enough to debunk.

Nope...it was his thread closing that gave people a head's up on his level of shenanigans.

They have intentionally or unintentionally made it impossible for me to fruitfully participate on ATS at this time.

So...is he blaming the mods or the members for his inability to produce believable or provable work?

Liars always blame others.

Sorry, his thread was closed because he was making a circus out of his threads. He failed to speak to the audience and continued posting cut-n-pasted clippings from a work he had previously written in full, while half of ATS's membership demanded he speak up and answer some very important questions that resulted from mistakes or errors in his work.

Of course he is not going to tell his audience that on his blog...

He is going to blame others for his failure.

That's what dishonest people do.

Perhaps I will be able to again in the future, I would hope so. They are likely well intentioned, I have no reason to suspect otherwise, I just can’t imagine my participation within that community at this time would be welcomed or rewarding..

We have members writing to us about the time they took a ride in a space ship.

We have members who write about how they are aliens from space.

We have members claiming to be the devil, God and the antichrist.

I can not see how this guy assumes he can't share his story here just the same.

Oh wait...I see WHY! He said it right here-

"I just can’t imagine my participation within that community at this time would be welcomed or rewarding"

HE WANTS A REWARD!!!

I see...this is a thing to produce rewards for him!

My bad...I thought he was trying to blow the lid off the fact that NASA was hiding something that was sent from space that could possibly be alien Data.

But no...he is looking for a rewarding time on ATS.

Here I was thinking that he was trying to be a whistle blower and shed light on a secret that has been forcefully withheld from us. But no...he just wants to "personally enjoy his time posting on ATS".

LOOK, if I had proof of aliens sending me data from space, I would KNOW that 99% of you would laugh at me. I also know that the 1% who took me seriously would mostly be folks who would Believe anything at the drop of a hat.

But, this guy acts shocked at the result of so many people calling him a scammer.

What sane person would assume people would take him on his word on a site like ATS?

Surly nobody working at NASA.

You would be laughed at talking about this in Walmart...

You would think this NASA engineer would be more readably prepared for nay-sayers and skeptics.

Perhaps, you would even have come with some kind of proof, just to help ease the situation.

I think he was a bit hard done bye IMHO...

I think the guy was promoting his web-blog from the very second he got here. He even made his introduction just a glorified link to his blog.

He never once answered any questions and instead told us to go to his blog site for more info.

It was a bait and switch with no hitch.

Sorry...that may be enough for you to accept this guy. Not me.

I think his threads were closed too slowly and that he has already gained from his dishonest actions here. But hey, our Mods give people a chance.

He was given the rope.

And he was hanged by his own actions.

I'm not so glad that you are promoting his site here.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
He was banned for good reason.

He wasn't banned, please stop with it.

The treatment some members here gave him was deplorable. I don't blame him for not posting here anymore and applaud him for starting his blog.

Although I'm not a "fan" of his, I do find his blog interesting.

Thanks Blazer.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

If I were you and wanted to discuss the items in his blog, I would start a new thread talking specifically about what you wanted to discuss in his blog. That way, you can always alert the mods to those taking the thread off topic and their posts would be removed from the thread.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

He wasn't banned, please stop with it.

I've corrected my words above.

Thank you.

The treatment some members here gave him was deplorable. I don't blame him for not posting here anymore and applaud him for starting his blog.

I think the treatment he gave us was unforgivable.

So I guess we are both of opposite opinions here.

Although I'm not a "fan" of his, I do find his blog interesting.

Being familiar with your posts around here, I can understand why you (and many ATS folks) may be interested in reading his "work".

But like I have stated above...I am disenchanted with him and see him as nothing more then a charlatan selling lies to hopeful people looking for answers.

I personally take offense to being lied to.

I also found his work to be badly written and filled with factual errors that he never once answered for once they were pointed out.

And again, I must stress, the simple lie in telling us that he was rushing to type it all up just for ATS, was enough for me to judge him for what he really is.

It was proven that it was already finished and posted elsewhere.
This means that while he was making us all wait in hopes that he was telling the truth, he was actually just spending 10 seconds here to cut-n-paste stuff that could have been shared all in one shot.

Instead, he decided to deliver installments to hype up his audience (as he stated).

Sorry...I do not watch TV (LOST is over), so the common tricks it uses to brainwash folks into accepting hype or lies, is just lost on me.

PS- I do watch Dr Who...I admit. I made a choice years ago to give up all TV accept for LOST and Dr Who...one down, one to go. Added that just to be "honest".

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Wow he really rubbed you the wrong way.

Personally, I think he sort of got the shaft from ATS.

I found the descriptions of computer forensics in his accounts to be exquisitely technically accurate; I can't testify about the rest.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Somewhat mixed reactions to this but I suppose if I had to choose, I'm with Mr. Mask on this one. I have always felt that the truth can withstand great scrutiny. AsrtoEngineer provided zero proof. Interesting theories, opinion and conjecture in an enjoyable writing style sure. But then the classic "string along."

Any poster who makes extraordinary claims on this site should be prepared to back it up. (Also Skeptic Overlord has frequently reminded us about having a spine.) Whether it is an alleged UFO caught with a cam phone, a ghostly apparition or a secret clandestine conspiracy if you come on ATS you better offer some hard data.

Granted, his stories were interesting and somewhat plausible (so is science-fiction) but I always felt his posts were akin to "I know where there is an ATM dispensing free money but unfortunately I can't tell you where it is."

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

I bet he has a lot of topics he is pushing on his site. Funny how a guy who worked for NASA has much more to share then just his one "situation" that he created his account to talk about. If you remember, he joined just to tell us about "one incident" on his job. Now he is sharing a whole slew of subjects as if he is the new Alex Jones of space-conspiracy...Hmmmm.

His "site" is nothing more than a wordpress blog. There are no ads, no links to another site (except "endorsed" sites like, ironically, ATS), no "buy this" references, so it would seem you are wrong. You say you wouldn't look at it if someone paid you, yet you say "he is sharing a whole slew of subjects"...if you have not and will not look at the site, then what are you basing thing on other than what I posted? If you don't like the guy, that's fine. He's no friend of mine, and I have not even begun to formulate an opinion as to whether his "stories" are legit or not, but like i said his technical details are accurate, and some of the same people that demanded he be banned are the same people asking questions of the certain someone who says they are an alien from the future, so, to each his own I guess. I prefer to be open-minded.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Blazer]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Ive gotta say it mate.. What factual errors in his story are u on about and nothing was ever proven to be wrong or incorrect?

And to say you wouldnt visit his blog even if u was paid too just makes u look stupid as its just a simple old plain wordpress blog and he aint selling nothing.

Get off your high horse mate n chill out. If nothing else what he writes about is very interesting and not half as crazy as some of the complete and utter bull that gets posted on here and mods dont do nothing but let the drivel continue.

I find it very interesting that the first time i read something that is well put together of high interest and in my opinion very sincere and actually has the feel of real truth as there was nothing over blown about it like 99% of all the crap on here (again that never really gets stopped like his was) but yet they closed the thread?? He was only talking about hisown experiences too..lol And why should anyone prove who they say they are on here if they feel its a security risk andagain u would know if u had ever read his blog that things are in place that make him untraceable. something he learnt from a fellow engineer at nasa!

Peace!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Also 6 weeks later after one of his storys it was announced that scientist had transmitted INFORMATION over a 10 mile distance instantly using a form of quantum tunneling (or similar) and so it kinda made sence that there is probably tewchnlogy owned by nasa and the like that is way ahead in this field. So it seems very plausable his story is correct and nasa was recieving photos from the mars rover INSTANTLY without delay times cos of the distances involved.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I am amazed to read your thread. Didn't know that threads were closed here on ATS for being obtuse and unresponsive and failing to provide credentials (even though cautioned about anonymity.) Why would the thread not simply be moved to a conjecture type forum? How could a thread last for 60 pages - must have been 400 to 600 replies - and then all of a sudden become annoying? Is there more to this story because I am initially fascinated?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
I found the descriptions of computer forensics in his accounts to be exquisitely technically accurate; I can't testify about the rest.

I have read a single post on his blog (about the quantum entanglement 'radio') and no technical errors jumped out at me. He even went as far as describing EEPROM and FLASH on the controller, which makes me think of virtual processors inside a FPGA

I work in a similar field to what he says he works in - mainly embedded control for everything from aerospace to household products. Sadly I have only worked on a couple of space projects nowhere near as interesting.

[edit on 31/5/2010 by LightFantastic]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
FYI most of the things he writes about are not related in any way to himself, nor are they fictional accounts from what I can tell.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
FYI most of the things he writes about are not related in any way to himself...

Funny you say that as the overwhelmimg majority is expressed in "first person" with I, me and my. There are numerous personal anecdotes. One of my favs......

I began to see a therapist last November.

nor are they fictional accounts from what I can tell.

Hmmm, since he maintains strict anonymity and offers few sources/links of his claims, I find that assessment rather peculiar. Just sayin.'

[edit on 4-6-2010 by kinda kurious]

new topics

top topics

join