It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Videos: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
in the videos i saw this "aid" ship continue to keep going even when israel had assault boats trying to stop it.
funny how they never mention if they had tried to negotiate with israel "BEFORE" they got near so israel could inspect the ships and make sure the ship was not carrying arms or muslim terrriosts.
if you poke a lion with a stick, don't be suprised when he attacks you.
why didn't this "aid" ship WORK WITH ISRAEL??

I'll refer you to this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The flotilla had purposefully stopped for the night in international waters with plans of trying to run the blockade in the daylight. According to the Turkish Government, the ships were searched for weapons before being allowed to leave port and the passengers had to go thru airport style body scanners as they boarded to assure that no weapons were brought on board. The only "weapons" on board were those carried by the pirates. If a few of these "crack commandos" had their weapons taken and used against them then oh well. For Israel to attack them in international waters is no different that the somali pirates attacking the ships. It is piracy, pure and simple. Of course those on board tried to defend themselves with whatever was at hand. For Israel to claim self defense during an illegal pirate raid is ludicris. Like the Al Jazeera reporter said to the Israel PR guy, if they wanted to minimize the potential for bad things happening, then why didn't they arm at least the first wave with "Non-lethals" or "less lethals" like rubber bullets and have a second wave standing by with live ammo. This was a pirate raid in international waters. How is this different from the somali pirates attacking a US ship in international waters?????

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

History is always written by the victor JimmyX

There always have been and always will be atrocities committed in wars - I dont care which side one is on - I am not stating that Arab atrocities are any better of worse than western superpower atrocities committed in the past or present.

The reason I am appalled is at the lack of a "measured and balanced" response to the flotilla by the State of Israel.

1) Flotilla was well publicized - everyone knew it was coming
2) Flotilla had civies on board
3) Flotilla could have been "approached and warned first
4) Flotilla could have been approached in daylight
5) Israelis could have first used non-lethal armaments but chose not to, and then only escalated in a measured way as needs dictated.
6) Israelis could have waited until flotilla reached Israeli waters
7) And so on

These are all measured and balanced responses which respect International rules written or unwritten.

This is why I am appalled.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Bravo111]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bravo111
reply to post by jimmyx

History is always written by the victor JimmyX

There always have been and always will be atrocities committed in wars - I dont care which side one is on - I am not stating that Arab atrocities are any better of worse than western superpower atrocities committed in the past or present.

The reason I am appalled is at the lack of a "measured and balanced" response to the flotilla by the State of Israel.

1) Flotilla was well publicized - everyone knew it was coming
2) Flotilla had civies on board
3) Flotilla could have been "approached and warned first
4) Flotilla could have been approached in daylight
5) Israelis could have first used non-lethal armaments but chose not to, and then only escalated in a measured way as needs dictated.
6) Israelis could have waited until flotilla reached Israeli waters
7) And so on

These are all measured and balanced responses which respect International rules written or unwritten.

This is why I am appalled.

I'm starting to wonder what they use their money for besides buying people off. They were using signal-jammers, yet failed to employ EMP(s) to render the boat helpless.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I knew something like this would happen. They sunk an American ship and nobody said a word for God's sake! I'm not too sure, but the flotilla was Turkish yes? Isn't Turkey part of NATO? Could the Turkish government do something about this? Should they? Will they? Would other NATO nations back them up? The US for example?

It's high time the international community did something about Israel. This has got to stop. I understand the fear of terrorism, and fearing for your country; but at what point does defending my country turn me into a terrorist myself?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3vilscript
I understand the fear of terrorism, and fearing for your country; but at what point does defending my country turn me into a terrorist myself?

3vilscript, this is one of the wisest statements I have ever read on ATS.
Sometimes you get a gem.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Another look at the events...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It's high school mentality much like the guys going back and forth at each other. Unfortunately, one group of these thugs had guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join