It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Israel is the last thing you want

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

4.Since we don't learn from past mistakes we could be
facing a future just like nazi germany.

What, by appeasing Isreal as it grabs land, ghettoizes undesirables and murders unarmed civilians? You know nothing of history.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

For your information,the U.S. was also excellent in
grabbing land as well.Does anybody remember that
the native americans were here first?White europeans
came over here and stole everything from them.
Then we put them on reservations and forgot about
them.
This is human nature,we all take what we can,while we
can,until something gives.We need to look in the mirror
and see what we are...selfish,greedy people only interested
in what is good for me,myself and I,never us.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I will back up the OP on this !

Not because I'm defending Israel. Their actions are repulsive and can not be dismissed.
This also counts for the Palestinians.

However...

War, any war is started by governments. Not ! by the people.

Innocent people will die and suffer from the games played by the military and politicians of all fractions. Continuously they indoctrinate the people to fall for there lies and the lies of others, fooling them in to a war. Ironically there is usually only one winner and that is none of the fighting parties. At the same time the seeds of hate and sorrow are seeded for the future, leaving ( again and always ) the people in pain, grieve, hate, sorrow, suffering of all kinds and the relentless ongoing downward spiral of misery and uncertainty.

Ladies and gentlemen war is hell... Nobody should have to experience it.
Unfortunately there are people who just don't care about other human beings.

What happens in Israel is bad. But I can assure you War will be even worse, on both sides of the fence.

~ SK

[edit on 5/31/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I do not wish war upon anyone. simply because war is wrong and too many people, animals and habitats are destroyed. It is never the answer because its almost always only the innocent who pay the price.

However, sanctions? Look at what sanctions have done to North Korea. The military there hoard what little they have and their people go without. The situation in Israel isnt much better as it is, imagine if they were cut off. Sanctions do nothing apart from force more suffering upon the innocent.

Its about time the agressive warmongering military, and their supporters, worldwide (not just Israel, but all warmongers), paid for their crimes. ARREST them and let them do the hard time they deserve to do for their actions. Let them rot in the same prisons, and suffer the same treatment, that their victims are unjustly detained.

Unfortunately as has been witnessed many times throughout history, this scum would not go down without taking as many innocent people with them as they can.

Words are not enough. These people are skilled at using words to justify their evils. Action is needed. I agree war is not the answer, everyone involved needs to be held personally and individually responsible for what they have done.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Of course no one wants a war, the results would be devastating. What should happen is very strict sanctions placed on Israel and military aid cut. When they don't have the means to continue their barbaric policies maybe then they will try to push for peace and change their ways...I do believe Turkey should see just how far Israel is willing to go with their madness, send another ship with aid but this time accompanied by the turkish military.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by pieman

For your information,the U.S. was also excellent in
grabbing land as well.Does anybody remember that
the native americans were here first?White europeans
came over here and stole everything from them.
Then we put them on reservations and forgot about
them.
This is human nature,we all take what we can,while we
can,until something gives.We need to look in the mirror
and see what we are...selfish,greedy people only interested
in what is good for me,myself and I,never us.

Sorry, but I can't agree with you there.
Comparing the past with present does not excuse the actions of rogue Nation.

People of the World have "evolved" past that barbaric mentality, unlike Israel. Sure, not a Country in the World without its Skeletons, but they have learned and progressed somewhat.

Israel is determined to stay stagnant, destined to re live the past.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Of course no one wants a war, the results would be devastating. What should happen is very strict sanctions placed on Israel and military aid cut. When they don't have the means to continue their barbaric policies maybe then they will try to push for peace and change their ways...I do believe Turkey should see just how far Israel is willing to go with their madness, send another ship with aid but this time accompanied by the turkish military.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Solomons]

Not saying anything about the rights or wrongs of this matter, but surely that sort of action could legitimately be conceived as an act of war.

Once you send military or navy in the next war (WWIII?) will begin.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

The blockade on Gaza is illegal under international law, simply sending a military convoy to ensure the safety of aid being delivered is not illegal.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I never said it was illegal to send a military convoy. Why not read my post properly?

What a said was that surely that would be considered an act of war.(legitimately or illegitimately if you prefer) (By the Israelis of course but I did not think I needed to stipulate that.)

I am not talking about the right or wrong as I said, merely observing that sending a Turkish gun ship with the next boat would be the trigger that would definitely precipitate war.

[edit on 31/5/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I'm really not sure what you're on about. I haven't any time for US imperialism either so your justification holds very little weight with me. If you're trying to quite me with stories of past atrocities you'll have to make an effort, I'm Irish and, although we have a hell of a lot of problems, my country has been strictly neutral and non-aggressive since it's establishment.

As regard your, frankly, stupid statement about the nature of humanity, grow up. That's meant literally, most people learn to share and co-operate by the time their five, it takes a serious emotional retard to spout nonsense about the inherent selfishness of man.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Reading through some of these posts in this thread it is really obvious that the pro-israel people are not taking into account all that israel has been doing since they stole the land from the palestinians.
Call it will you want but the Jews have been running around doing nasty things on the world stage through mossad for decades. if anyone disagrees with them they get called anti-semite.
Its gotten to the point now that EVEN! America is starting to turn their back on them.....
If they are as they claim "Gods chosen people" then I am SO! pleased that I am not chosen too.

Israel is not a dictatorship they have elections that are fair, this excuse that its the govt NOT! the people is a lie. The govt banned cement in Gaza so the palestinians can't build homes on their own land. On the main ship they found cement, glass and building supplies and killed 19 (maybe more) people over this find.

There is no excuse anymore for their actions, the world needs to stand up to them. They are beneath the west and will be brought to heel soon enough.....

EDIT due to increased body count all because of some building supplies....

[edit on 31-5-2010 by strangleholder1]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

I don't know what planet you are from.We earthlings
can't learn anything from PAST mistakes.We keep
repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Turkey are sending back up ibnlive.in.com...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Everyone must remember these are American paid for bullets. Who really believes the USA would do anything but support Israel.

The United States is committed to $30 Billion dollars in Military aid to Israel. If they support Israel to commit acts of war against other nations, the USA should be brought before the Hague for war crimes as well.

This is an act of war, the incident happened in International Waters, not in Israel territory. I believe the soldiers or pirates should be brought to the nearest country for trial. That would be the courts in Gaza.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

I'm really not sure what you're on about. I haven't any time for US imperialism either so your justification holds very little weight with me. If you're trying to quite me with stories of past atrocities you'll have to make an effort, I'm Irish and, although we have a hell of a lot of problems, my country has been strictly neutral and non-aggressive since it's establishment.

As regard your, frankly, stupid statement about the nature of humanity, grow up. That's meant literally, most people learn to share and co-operate by the time their five, it takes a serious emotional retard to spout nonsense about the inherent selfishness of man.

Well, for your information I am 55 years old.I did learn to share
my toys during the Kennedy administration.Unfortunately,quite
a few did not learn to share their toys.Their toys are now weapons
of mass destruction and they will only share them at the cost of
your life and others'.
Next time you call someone a retard,make sure you're not describing
yourself first!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

99% of adults spend most of their time thinking of "us" (the family) before "I, me or myself". Children spend 99% of their time thinking of themselves. To say human nature rooted in selfishness is a childish outlook. To have gotten to 55 and not realised this basic truth is sad.

I look at Palestine and see families in despair because they are being prevented from looking after their loved ones. To rob a person of the opportunity for a peaceful life for his children is an evil thing because it means a person must feel hate if they feel love.

We don't die so much as we stop living, stop worrying so much about how and when you die and start worrying more about how you, and everyone else, is living. A nuke is no more fatal than a heart attack but a miserable life is worse than a peaceful one, no matter what way you cut it.

I hope you come to understand this post.

[edit on 31/5/10 by pieman]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Mod Comment.

This is a heated issue, and obviously feelings can get a bit hot. But calling each other names isn't going to work. If you're that angry, step away for a moment, or two.

Let's discuss the issue. Not each other.

Fair warning has been given...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Step 1, make the bible.
Step 2, hide the truth.
Step 3, start war.
Step 4, profit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join