It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Setting the memory of Holocaust victims in stone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Setting the memory of Holocaust victims in stone

news.bbc.co.uk

When, feeling idiotic, I confide this to her kindergarten teacher, the response is straightforward.

She gives me a business card.

"Oh, you probably had Jews in your house. Here, use this guy. He's great."

I look at the card, which promises, "Energy change in the home or workplace".

I ask if it's a common problem?

"Oh, yes," she replies, "happens all the time. Hardly surprising when you think of what went on here in the war."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I had always thought if there are ghosts out there they should be very prevalent in areas where such horrific amounts of violence have taken place. It seems to an extent it is happening and the source article tells how on person is trying to put them at ease. Rest in peace to all of the victims, and I hope the people who live in the residences now will be happy with there homes.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I think this is a nice artistic tribute. We should never ever forget the Holocaust not because of the ethnicity of those who died or their politics but because it was a crime against Humanity.

Never again

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Tiger,
thanks for posting.

Yes it is a nice tribute. And in this case it is also a nice way to put some ghosts to rest. I really can't say I blame them for wanting to stay around to help bring down the regime that put them there, not that is what happened though.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Ghosts appear when things aren't settled.
Jews didn't get murdered in their home or shelter, they were sent to labor camps. That is the area where all the horrors supposedly happened and in my opinion these ghosts should appear there.
I experienced poltergeists myself, that's not the issue.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I heard a story a few years ago that has stayed with me and relates to your OP. Can memories saturate into time and places?

A UK newsreader was interviewed in a magazine. She described how she'd bought a 19th century diary from a junk shop. The author of the diary was Jewish and described travelling through Europe with two friends.

One night they stayed at an Inn and had nightmares and disturbed sleep all night. In the morning, they each related how the dreams featured fear, misery and screams. Naturally, they didn't stay another night.

The place they stayed was "Buchenwald," decades later the site of a notorious concentration camp.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Jews didn't get murdered in their home or shelter, they were sent to labor camps.

That's not entirely true. Many where killed in homes, shelters, streets and outskirts of villages and towns. Also, not all were Jews...hundreds of thousands lost their lives through being or being accused of homosexuality, treason, learning difficulties, genetics (Romany etc), disability and myriad other causes.

Although we can't overlook the holocaust had a Jewish focus, the broader picture is man's inhumanity to man...within living memory.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Removed because off topic sorry.

Keith

[edit on 31-5-2010 by justKEITH]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
Ghosts appear when things aren't settled.
Jews didn't get murdered in their home or shelter, they were sent to labor camps. That is the area where all the horrors supposedly happened and in my opinion these ghosts should appear there.
I experienced poltergeists myself, that's not the issue.

So have I.
I suspect some ghosts may have trouble moving beyond traumatic death and become "stuck" in time but others may be able to go back home where it feels safer. I'm sure some would've been shot in their homes as well if they resisted eviction.

(Thats assuming ghosts exist at all of course.)

[edit on 31-5-2010 by riley]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Of topic but relevant apolz OP,

Have you guys read the thread by SOXMIS called "a curious nazi occult tail". Its about a haunted/malevolent Kaserne we were based in during the cold war, It might be relevant to what is being said on this thread,
And i too have had a couple of ghostly experiences, So i am a believer, (but not outed),, Good thread S&F .....

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
And what of Rawanda?

What of Cambodia?

What of the Russian Gulag?

What of the slaughter of the American indiginous peoples?

The human sacrifice carried out against the Semitic peoples and others during world war two are equal to ALL of the above and yet....and yet.....their horrors slip intot he past quietly leaving a 'ghostly silence' that some would like to ignore.

For what purpose the extra focus on the tragedies and inhumanities in Europe?

What of the Bosnian war and the slaughter of the innocents there?

Are these not to be engraved in stone?

Expain the focus to me and I may understand why the other horrors are not dragged kicking and screaming daily into our consciousness.

Of Turkey and the slaugher of Armenians?

My grandfather was an Italian soldier who witnessed those horrors and told his family of them but why are these things hidden away and yet the 'burnt offering' is raised in human suffering status.

The Holocaust was horrific but the other holocausts were of equal horror and still they go on and on.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Those attrocities do not have anything to do with the homes mentioned in the article the thread is actually about. Other victims should be remembered of course but having them compete for victim status is silly.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot

For what purpose the extra focus on the tragedies and inhumanities in Europe?

What of the Bosnian war and the slaughter of the innocents there?

Are these not to be engraved in stone?

Expain the focus to me and I may understand why the other horrors are not dragged kicking and screaming daily into our consciousness.

Thanks to everyone for posting

As to the quote above. I have heard some stories of similar haunting s in areas where other inhumane actions took place. Most of them were in the U.S. dealing with the civil war, and the Native Americans. I am not focusing on Europe, that is just where this source story took place. Also the point that I wanted to get across is the possibility and actually haunting s of places by peoples who fell victims to these actions.

new topics

top topics

join