It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this METHANE GAS or FLAMES coming from the BP LIVE Video Feed???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
OP thanks for creating this thread, Ive been watching the feed since i woke up wondering what is going on, it really does look like a flame. I haven't seen anything like this before on the live cam. kinda worrying.

edit for:

SnF

[edit on 31-5-2010 by miss_sky]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
i realy wouldnt think it possible to be on fire down there, but after watching it for like two hours i believe it has to be fire i cant comprehend how anything else would manuever like that, it has to be a flame somehow, maybe there is some steady oxygen source within the mix enough to keep it lit, but then what lit it? perhaps its very hot down were the oil is, or i also thought maybe they are burning it intentionaly, there is a pole of some type sticking into the opening perhaps thats a torch from the surface.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Why does it seem that BP keeps showing different cam views? How many spots in this pipe are leaking. At first it was just a 23 sec loop and now they are showing different leaks. This is all a bunch of B.S. The world is going to hell

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
check it out, they are using a circular saw to cut into it...wonder what they are up to now?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGKONG

BP's top kill effort fails to plug Gulf oil leak

The company plans to use robot submarines to cut off the damaged riser from which the oil is leaking, and then try to cap it with a containment valve. The effort is expected to take between four and seven days.

news.yahoo.com...

guess they started doing this

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
Here is a still shot...it DOES look like flame, but pardon me if I'm wrong, I think that's impossible...

img132.imageshack.us...

how does that look like a flame it doesn't to me am i missing some thing ?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Here we go people...Get ready and man up...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Where is the oxygen going to come from for the "flame"?

That is an essential ingredient, is it not?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jerry3741

I'm with you, I dont see it either....my geuss is its just an optical illusion.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here is a link for the vid for those of us who couldn't view the op link:

Is that a flame?
BTW it does look like fire doesn't it! amazing!
If this is methane this is a whole new issue. The news media is not sharing this information as well.

a poster mentioned numerous leaks, This article mentions that:
proposed solutions...

New video suggest additional fracturing of the seabed floor may have occurred (resulting in new gas/oil vents forming outside the area of the BOP on the sea floor (Video seen on Sunday night of May 23, 2010 of some type of explosion event near the robotic cam). If new vent (approx 12-inch in diameter) has formed perhaps none of the current approaches by BP are going to work including junk shots or heavy mud operations (called “Top Kill”). It is no longer clear that due to the fractured nature of this reservoir near the seabed surface that anything can any longer completely stop the oil and gas flows in the next six months.

wow that is a much bigger problem than I could image.

What stands out to me now is the mixture of the leak itself. Containing methane could be the factor in bringing down the rig in the first place. The power of methane is unbelievable and makes more sense for the explosion on the rig to make it that volatile.

Found this article about methane causing the blast - Bubble of methane triggered rig blast...
Truthfully I wish everyone like Obama and other industries would stop with the political blame game and everyone who can, should pitch in and help. This is now a global issue.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by violet11]

[edit on 31-5-2010 by violet11]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Going by what I've been watching over just the last few days, I'd say there are several different leaks....

I've seen oil spewing out directly from the ocean floor... I've seen oil spewing out of a raised pipe (current view) and I've seen oil spewing out of a pipe laying on the ocean floor...

This is my concern.. how many leaks are there and how far apart are they? Yesterday I watched them drop mud mats but haven't heard any news on why or what they expect to do with them...

It's all very puzzling

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by damn_ummmm

I think the mud mats are used to hold tools and equipment on them. Makes more sense then always returning to the surface to re-equip the ROV.

As the bottom of the sea bed is not stable and anything placed on it would sink several feet into the sea bed.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
Where is the oxygen going to come from for the "flame"?

That is an essential ingredient, is it not?

Right, No oxygen or other oxidizer, then no 'flame'

although.... materials will 'burn' in a chlorine or florine gas...too..

what you are seeing, I believe to be sparkling crystals of hydrate saturating pixels of the camera CCD imager, in the cam floodlight.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Here are 12 different camera angles (so you can feel 12 times more depressed)
www.jtnog.org...

Funny how the MSM are throwing out the word 'volcano' now in reference to this out of control disaster that no one can seem to stop!

Also, I am not understanding how fire exists in water. Anyone?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join