It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Clear Martian Fossils - HERE!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This is not like some folks. This guy has really found fossils in the picture. Here is one that is completely clear and not some whimisical maybe.

www.xenotechresearch.com...

This guy's site is full of other picutres that he thinks are other fossiles of marine creatures. He makes a very good case, and has very strong evidence.

The best one is the trilobite from the above link: It is simply a Trilobite in the picture! What's funny is that the Rover drilled a RAT hole right above this fossil, and the dust highlighted the fossil making it easier to see. So the Rover really did stike gold, by total and complete chance.

Forget about the dragon bones and alien stuff, this is for real, checek it out and tell me what you think.

Arkaleus

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Again...this could just very well be....a rock. It is not clearly a trilobite. lots of things resemble others, but aren't at all.

To me, I see a rock. If you look hard enough, you'll be able to create something.

However, if the rock could be investigated more closely it would help this guys claims. As it is, it can't be examined more closely, so I would place this evidence as very inconclusive.

Peace,
Lukefj

PS. This should probably be attached to an existing thread on Mars discoveries as it doesn't really warrant it's own thread. There are already tons of threads on Mars artifacts.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Lukefj]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have to say it does look like a trilobite/ but notice the words "look like" that doesnt mean that it is a trilobite. Think of it this way if that was a trilobite dont you think there millions of them all over the surface!

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Warhappy]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It certainly does look like a trilobite fossil. My only question is scale. How big is it?

After looking at the original NASA pic, I still wonder about scale. I've seen trilobite fossils (my office has one in a display case) and it's pretty small. If that hole is less than 3" in diameter, then it could well be a trilobite.

That'd be cool.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This particular fossil was about 3" long, I think. Trilobites have been found on earth as small as the head of a pin, or large as a big book.

I think this evidence is compelling. Note the regular and symmetrical segmentation and clearly defined teardrop shape. No rock surface elsewhere on the rock has this feature. It clearly is a object of impression with a different texture than the rest of the rock.

This is a fossil, gang, admit it, it is a wonderful discovery. What else could this be? It's right in front of you. This area of Mars is probably littered with millions of fossils, just like some regions of earth. The timing is right, Mars was probably still wet within the parameters of the life needs of these kinds of creatures.

Explore this guy's site more. He also argues that the blueberries are not products of impacts or vulcanism, bur the fossils of sea urchins, when compared to ones on earth, they bear a striking resembalance.

It just makes sense, We are seeing marine life fossiles, not fossils of horses or rabbits, or other oddities. There are more than one here, kids, these are fakes, or just random lucky patches of shadow on rocks. This is the real deal!

Ark

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I would say that it is a possibility, but I would need alot more evidence, before coming to your conclusion at this time...

Give it some more time as it looks like your answer is in the near future...

I do enjoy your enthusiasm though, I must say....

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warhappy
Think of it this way if that was a trilobite dont you think there millions of them all over the surface!

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Warhappy]

No, not really. We have fossils here on Earth, but are there "millions of them all over the surface"? No. That doesn't mean they don't exist.

I think it really does look like a Trilobite, and if it is it would confirm many peoples theories that at one time Mars had oceans, and life.

Very cool.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by norml]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It is very possible that the Trilobite being on Mars and Earth at the same time would need some explanation in itself!

How did they come to be on the vastly separate worlds at the same epoch in time?

Did the Trilobite itself come from outer space? Or were they seeded all over the solar system at one time? That is the true question here, it is a very big and important one: The source of life, and where its seeds came from.

If life can exist across a solar system, it can exist in vast quantities among the stars.

Look how much wiser men just got.

Ark

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Who says it IS a trilobyte?? It jsut says that it LOOKS like a trilobyte. Could be a creature that is like a trilobyte...most likely not the same species.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I agree with the rest. It's something that LOOKS LIKE a partial fossil of a trilobite. I'd have to see more proof... something very concrete... before believing it was a trilobite.

Another reason for skepticism is that the conditions on Mars are/were VERY different than on primitive Earth. I'm not sure it was warm enough for a trilobite.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
No matter how many times I look at these pictures, all I still see are rocks. Once his graphic is overlaid on the original picture, sure, I see it. But if were to be just browsing through some Mars pictures and saw this....... I'd probably keep on looking.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This is like saying that the bunny rabbit on the moon is a fossil- a real big one. You can also find faces hidden in the pics, must prove the existence of martian elves.....
This is about the same thing as finding faces in the clouds. A pursual of this guy's site revels that he is a little sloppy with his "science". I thought that his "squid fossils" were particularily far-fetched......
There just may be life on Mars, after all- the anomalous prescence of formaldahyde and methane is certainly interesting. But I believe that any palentologist would be wary of positively identifying these shapes as fossils. If they were found on earth, they still would probably only be unusually shaped rocks. It is quite common for people to find mineral intrusions and mistake them for fossils. Some of them are quite convincing. Happens all the time, here on earth....

d1k

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
That is just not a rock, that is clearly a fossile of something. Its only a matter of time until the goverment stops playing the public like fools and actually releases everything they find. When that happens I think its going to be a whole lot more then just fossils.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This is the original NASA photograph. I think it looks even more impressive.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It does look like a Trylobite, but that makes me sure that it isnt a fossil. Any life form that evolved on Mars would i think be radically different than anything that we have or have had on Earth. Different evolutionary paths, diet, atmosphere all would play a part in how a creature would look. Please correct me if im wrong on that tho. I think it is an interesting rock formation combined with a trick of light.
The second photo is far more interesting looks a little too regular to me you may just have something there. Ah the circle is a drill hole? then i stand by my statement
EDIT: Edited for addition

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Janus]

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Janus]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I can see what you are pointing out in the photo, but to say that it is "very clear a martian fossil" is ludicrous. It is not very clear, in fact it is very UNCLEAR what it is. So the scientists at JPL didn't notice that and decided to drill right above it? I don't think so. We can see anything we want to, depends what we are looking for.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Reminds me more of what I call " looking for bunnies in clouds".

It's too subjective to draw any conclusions or there would be a major press briefing.

Look it's a Pteradactyl !

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Regenmacher]

Q

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
At last, the truth is discovered--trilobytes are the master race. The smokescreen of greys, reptoids, and other aliens has now been removed and the truth is laid bare for all to see.

Unfortunately, this knowledge has now doomed our planet. They let us live so long as we looked upon them as primitive extinct critters, but now the warships of the Trilobyte Imperium will be arriving here to level our species any day now.

Our only hope is to completely remove all free water from the Earth's surface, rendering it utterly inhospitable to trilo-life. Some may question whether this can be done, or whether it's wise, but hey--it worked like a charm for the Martians! Errr....

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hmmm.......maybe not a Trilobyte, but it would be odd for wind, or possibly water to carve those patterns.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Maybe a trilobyte is a trilobyte wherever it happens to fall, earth or Mars. having said that, what we see as rocks on Mars might very well be life, just different from what we're used to seeing. Silicon based lifeforms, granite based lifeforms - who knows?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join