It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
... for this great site that I discovered a few days ago and that keeps me stuck in front of my screen far too much since then, according to my girlfriend

Seriously, I love reading objective posts, argumentation and open minds, and I'm glad you guys tend to reject the "true believers" craziness commonly found around the Internet when speaking about the whole "conspiracy" thing.

I'm kinda in fond of the Alien/UFO topic and I'm sure I will discover a lot on ATS.

BTW, I'm French and I salute you

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Welcome to the site ... just be careful, your girlfriend may be right - as too much ATS can make you overly paranoid!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Welcome new member. Remember your tin foil and you should be just fine.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DAMOo

Bonjour!

And welcome on ATS, glad to have you here with us.

See you around!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DAMOo

You will discover a lot of junk regarding UFOs and aliens...mixed in with some unique content too of course.

The trouble is that some people will believe almost anything in a picture or video, then believing they have "found the missing proof!!!!" they will post it with the title "UFO over wherever," and then we all look at it. Sometimes it's really easy to say it's fake, but then even still it goes on for tens or hundreds of posts.

When something that looks more real comes along, it gets more complicated, but the end result is the same.

I have concluded that you get these general things in every single UFO picture or video:

too blurry and/or too dark

As far as expert witnesses, they are usually old doctors at the ends of their careers who have over the years become obsessed with finding 'the truth,' and convince themselves of non-sense. When they have nothing else to lose, they decide to write a book about their encounters then get interviewed by lots of younger radio hosts. Some of them aren't even creative and borrow ideas from sci-fi novels like Hitch hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. (I heard of the dolphin and whale references in an interview just a few days ago.)

It is a very large waste of time if you are not careful.

Eventually I think people start believing in things than saying, "Well, if it's not true, then prove it!"

And then we have the classic case of wanting to believe something because it makes you feel good, rather than because there is evidence for it.

Don't get sucked too far into the junk! There are some quality ones, though.

Also, ATS can get quite argumentative and doom and gloom / negativity. So, be wary.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DAMOo

Hi DAMOo, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Bonjour
everyone, thank you for your welcome !

And thank you glitchinmymatrix for your guidance. I gotta say that I'm particularly interested in credible analyses of video footages for instance, I wish I could find here some people knowing what they are talking about regarding CGI, moviemaking... I'm not skilled enough to guess if a pic/vid is genuine, and I rapidly realized that it's hard to find relevant opinions around the net, hope ATS is the place !

Regards fellows !

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAMOo
Bonjour
everyone, thank you for your welcome !

And thank you glitchinmymatrix for your guidance. I gotta say that I'm particularly interested in credible analyses of video footages for instance, I wish I could find here some people knowing what they are talking about regarding CGI, moviemaking... I'm not skilled enough to guess if a pic/vid is genuine, and I rapidly realized that it's hard to find relevant opinions around the net, hope ATS is the place !

Regards fellows !

Bonjour

Welcome
yes you will find a few people on ats who are experienced in the art of CGI, some can point out what to look for in certain videos and can give you tips for analysing vids in future.

Have fun.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

So let's geek !

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Just noticed that I couldn't create a new thread before 20 posts

I understand why but this is still frustrating...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DAMOo

It is frustrating but jump in on the other posts, before you know it you will be well past 20. Look at the top of your page and take note of the recent posts tab. That will keep you busy for quite some time. I hit 20 posts and didn't even know about the introduction section.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS
look forward to seeing you around..

top topics

join