It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are your philosophies?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
hey ats i want to discuss philosophy again, i want to share my outlook on life and read about yours too.
so anyway state your philosophy(ies)
and a little bit on why you have that outlook
illl start

1-the truth is like an expensive whore she beds with any who have the coin to pamper her. do not overcomplicate life with the search for one unifying truth, there is none.

2-golden rule: whoever has the gold makes the rules

1. i have a bit if a nihlistic view on life. I dont think theres any universal truth. i think we are all just dust in the wind, we live then we die end of story

2. the world is a fascist regime i think #2 speaks for itself

[edit on 31-5-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I'll join in on the fun.

1: Knowledge is power through man's understanding of the world around him

2: Survival of the fittest

3: The Sith Code

4: I favor Buddhism to the max!

5: Scientific Development Concept

6: Deng Xiaoping Theory

7: Three Represents

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

im glad you joined can you explain a little bit about what some of those things are? im familiar with bhudhism, and knowledge=power and somewhat with sith code but im a little clueless on everything else

[edit on 31-5-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
In this world, nothing good lasts.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

i know what you mean, everything you love will eventually leave you.
its a bit depressing but im used to it

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Alright I will! The last three are part of the ideologies of recent three Chinese leadership. These ideologies shaped China's current success in the world and it influenced me into favoring market reforms.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
1. Look for food
2. After #1, eat.
3. After #2, consider procreation.
4. Sleep, regardless of success or lack of success with #3.
4. See #1; begin cycle again.

[edit on 5/31/10 by silent thunder]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

oh that sounds interesting i might look them up tomorrow

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
When the going gets tough, laugh and laugh loudly, also remember that a good cry never hurt anyone either!!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Here's the links, so tomorrow you won't have to do much work.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
Tell me what you think later.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

ok thanks i appreciate that

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

No problem amigo. You be the judge and tell me what you're opinions are.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
My philosophy is to find my true purpose in the universe and function there. I am more geared toward helping people but I am the kind of person who doesn't like to go out and do anything because to me, deep down inside, I believe everything we are currently doing in the outside world is completely erroneous... Im not sure why but occasionally I will try to adapt and always come to the same conclusion regardless of the income I generate trying to abide by these "norms".

I am free to do anything and I know that.

I feel like I wish i could help but first I have to help myself by fixing myself.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Do something.

Go somewhere.

Do something somewhere.

Talk to someone somewhere.

Go to the bathroom.

Meditate.

Sleep.

Honestly i think the best philosophy is to not have one. Mybe try them all.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by onequestion]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
1. Fallibilism

2. Solipsism

3. Authority is only derived from me granting them authority over me or you granting authority over you.

4. Money is only in its most basic form an IOU.

5. The intrinsic value of money is how much effort am I willing to expend for the benefits you are offering.

Therefore, any product or service I provide in exchange for these IOUs requires that redeeming these IOUs repays me the equivalent in products and services. And in that, any third party that wishes to receive a portion of the products or services or IOUs is only entitled to what I decide to give free of will. Taking anymore against my will is an act of theft.

6. John Locke was only partially correct with Tabula Rasa. There is a spirit in each person that provides such personality traits as perseverance that cannot be explained my mere experience or upbringing.

While these are in no way close to all philosophies that have shaped me, they are the most prominent.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PositivelyDetermined

My philosophy is to find my true purpose in the universe and function there. I am more geared toward helping people but I am the kind of person who doesn't like to go out and do anything because to me, deep down inside, I believe everything we are currently doing in the outside world is completely erroneous... Im not sure why but occasionally I will try to adapt and always come to the same conclusion regardless of the income I generate trying to abide by these "norms".

I am free to do anything and I know that.

I feel like I wish i could help but first I have to help myself by fixing myself.

Everyone has the same true purpose: To evolve individually and facilitate evolution outside one self, physically, mentally and spiritually.

Think about it....

You sound a little bit like me (just a tad more negative), from reading what you just wrote it sounds like you might have a Schizoid Personality (Disorder? Another mans treasure...) - I used to go through phases of getting immersed in large social webs and after a period, unconsciously self sabotaging as an excuse to cut ties. You just have to find a medium ground that suits your personality type.

You can't change your core personality - but you can work with it.

And I concur that the world outside and 95% of the people inside it have no clue what they are doing. But its that 5% of Trueness that you have to immerse yourself in, and spread.

I dunno, I've lost concentration. u2u me if you wanna chat.

PeAcE!!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Philosophy means "love of wisdom" but I don't see much of that apparent in these answers. If you want to live as a cynic in a cynical world and avoid the responsibilities that go with real knowledge, then subscribe to one of the "what, me worry?" approaches to life as expressed in many of these responses.

One of the principle uses of wisdom is to make decisions about things that will affect the future. If not the future of a planet, a nation, a city or a family, at least your own future. If you think your future consists of just one life, then your approach to life is likely to become: who cares?

But look at the situation we face today. Doesn't it occur to some of you that this future-doesn't-matter approach has something to do with the impeding failure of an entire planet which we now seem to be facing? If you have kids, do you really want them to live in and have to contend with the problems that our dedication to irresponsibility has helped to create?

So here is the first stable datum in my philosophy; I won't elaborate further at this time, as I'm sure this is plenty for most of you to chew on: We create our own futures by handling, or not, the various situations that come up. My future experience depends on the decisions I make today.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
My thoughts are as follows.

Love and love hard.

Remember that the past is not always behind you.

The judges are already chosen.

Your heart is a vessel, not an emotion.

Our lives are based on our does, not dont's.

We can change our reality, even if were not taught.

The biggest gift to our creator (creator's) is that we will in fact strive knowing that we are special, and that can never be taken from us.

Not having reason, understanding, and compassion, is not a fault, but a habit.

Never judge a shoe you are either unable to fit, or unable to walk in.

Love is a right, not a privilege.

We can never truly understand what was told to us by our elders, but their eyes say it all.

Peace to you all.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Things are usually not as though they seem

uncertainty is the foundation

Love is universal

a question is never answered if it is not understood.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
"One. We are one. One is the beginning. Are you one Herbert?"

"Beer Good, Napster Bad!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join