It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bp oil spill must see 4 real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Check this out

www.youtube.com...

dont believe it ok www.examiner.com...

www.nytimes.com...

posted the first link b4 i know just wanted 2 add prove cuz some idiot didnt buy it

time 2 wake up people

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

Grammar please.

So overly used a cliche.."wake up." This is ATS!

We've already heard from people in Europe that say that the US is the exception and that in those countries, a cheap 100,000 device (not sure what currency) is used in emergencies to keep disasters like ours from happening.

Wake up dude. Haven't you been reading the threads here?

Thanks for the link for further corroboration anyway!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Yet more 20/20 hindsight. Also their is no such thing as absolute fail safe. Its an oxymoron. Everything can and at some point in time will fail.

That video is nothing more than hysteria spreading viewer & rating catching BS.

BTW I googled this after I wrote the above. I think the OP needs to wake up and see the news for what it is.

www.redstate.com...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by who-me?

and what is the news then u tell me

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

Wake up dude. Haven't you been reading the threads here?

wich one??
all i do is read threats here

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
reply to post by who-me?

and what is the news then u tell me

A rather odd question but anyway,
News;

–noun ( usually used with a singular verb )
a report of a recent event; intelligence; information: His family has had no news of his whereabouts for months.
the presentation of a report on recent or new events in a newspaper or other periodical or on radio or television.
such reports taken collectively; information reported: There's good news tonight.
a person, thing, or event considered as a choice subject for journalistic treatment; newsworthy material. Compare copy ( def. 5 ) .
newspaper.
newscast.

Now that's cleared up, are you saying that you believe everything from the news? Or is it conceivable that a lawyer that has a lawsuit against BP would perhaps bend the truth towards his own agenda? As well as a sensational story for the news network to use in order to get ratings.

Also as I said before, there is no such thing as a 100% fail safe. Secondly did you even read the link I gave? It clearly states that the acoustic shut off is a control method, not a shut off in its own right. Even if this BOP had an acoustic shut off control system functioning the fact that the rams are jammed and never moved even when manually operated by an ROV means it wouldn't have made any difference at all. Thus making your point and the acoustic shut off system completely irrelevant.

[edit on 31/5/2010 by who-me?]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
some more details

Youtube Link

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
This might sound upset a few people but here goes.........

America - What goes around comes around........ If this TV report on the proposed class action is accurate then this whole incident could have been prevented... Except it wasn't because of the desire for money and profit and greed etc etc......

I know BP is a British Company (I am truely ashamed of this!!) but competiting in a global market dominated by the need for profits and shareholder values, then they cut corners because the LAWS in the USA allowed them too.

Those LAWS were put in place by the Republicans and the Bush Administration and have nothing to do with the current President.
So for all of those blaming the current incumbent then I feel you should be looking 'INWARDS' in relation for your desires and expectations of cheap Gasoline to power your very inefficient and overly sized SUV's, trucks or whatever.

What I am saying here is the USA uses 25% of the Oil extracted globally and therefore has created this need to find new sources of it at 'cost effective prices' to feed it's ridicoulous usage.

The Issue in the Gulf is desperate and unfortunately will get worse ....... I hope the class action wins and gives people who will lose their livelhoods some cash and perhaps some hope.....
BUT
all Americans need to understand that the lifestyles they EPECT to follow and try to impose on others CANNOT carry on in to the future.

Finally - it is not Obama's fault, he is a puppet trying to find his feet - the real villians here are Bush, Cheney, the Republicans and the need to try and dominate the world....

Apologies if I upset people with my views but they are MY views and I have a right to free speech I believe !!

PurpleDog UK

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by who-me?

alright lol now i understand wat news is let me say this
i mostly dont believe anything in the msm

i did read ur link and i get wat u r trying 2 say and ur probably wright

im just trying 2 get the real truth out there
,and so far bp hasn exactly been telling it like it is

i would just hat it if evrybody forgets about this and in a year from now it will still be leaking

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
There seems to be something being missed here, this acoustic shut off mentioned in the OP does not turn off the oil flow. Get it? It is a control method and means of communication to make the BOP's shut off valves operate.

The actual BOP's valves failed to work. This is the problem. It doesn't matter how many control systems or backups you have or if they are electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, manual or acoustic.

Ok here's an analogy "It doesn't make any difference which hand you use, if the light switch is broken, the light won't come on will it."

I can't be much clearer than that.

[edit on 31/5/2010 by who-me?]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
So we have Proof this is Bush and Cheney's fault.

Get a rope.

Cant Impeach them.. How about find a way to send them to prison.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by who-me?
There seems to be something being missed here, this acoustic shut off mentioned in the OP does not turn off the oil flow. Get it? It is a control method and means of communication to make the BOP's shut off valves operate.

The actual BOP's valves failed to work. This is the problem. It doesn't matter how many control systems or backups you have or if they are electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, manual or acoustic.

Ok here's an analogy "It doesn't make any difference which hand you use, if the light switch is broken, the light won't come on will it."

I can't be much cleared than that.

Your wrong and here's why.. No matter if they bought this device that may have not worked, it's still because of the Bush deregulation that caused this. If Bush had not deregulated the oil industry, and instead got tough on them, then the corrupt gov agencies would not have been paid off to look the other way when PB's BOP came up for inspection.. you know the last inspection was 5 years ago.. that's a very long time for a machine to be sitting in very corrosive salt water.

I hope Bush sees this disaster and does the right thing. I hope he shoots himself in the head.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
there is so much prove this was a ff
its ridicilus

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by who-me?

Yeah, that acoustic shut off thingy would have done no good if what they now suspect it true. Apparently that BOP was unable to kill the flow because there was more than one drill pipe running through those shear mechanisms, because when the well blew below, it busted up that pipe and sent sections or pieces of it up into the BOP. This catastrophe happened because of irresponsible mismanagement and their rush to get it finished to save the million dollars a day it was costing to have that drilling rig out there. And it was also caused by the selfish greed for STUFF which oil is used for. If more people walked and rode a bike and didn't buy plastic junk nobody really needs, there would be no need or reason to be drilling out in the water because the demand for so much oil wouldn't exist. Blame this on the 20% of the worlds population that seems to think they need to use 80% of the worlds limited natural resources.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

so we should blame america and europe?
ok mate

new topics

top topics

join