It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Hi all,

Show how you feel about BP by using one of these logos for an avatar. As of now there are 17 pages to choose from.

www.flickr.com...

[*SNIP*]

Mod Edit: Removed recruiting.

[edit on 5/31/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I Will Boycott BP by building Tesla's Black Box

I still agree with your cause.

SM

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Not a bad Idea. But BP's contractors are also to blame. There is nothing I can do here in south MS to boycott BP or I would.

BP is also keeping secrets and denying access by the Media and the FAA has a no fly zone over the spill.

I smell Oil and a Cover Up.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I support your boycott, OP. However, I never use BP. Never have. They always seem to charge more for gas than the other gas stations, at least in the area I live. But, avatars, well, I don't use them. Not since my baby with the bug eyes got deleted.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

If you are going to 'boycott BP' you might want to find yourself a gas station first that doesn't use their gas.

Most stations all get there gas from a single local distributor. That means that a lot of BP stations are not really BP at all. The gas could come from anywhere, and likewise stations that do not carry the BP symbol may have gas produced by BP.

Also, know that you are only hurting people who need their jobs, those who work at store level , the managers and store employees of a franchised BP will be the ones who suffer, so if you can take food off thier tables in good conscience then you are evil.

So if you go to your local BP station and ask if it is franchised, if the answer is yes then they essentially have nothing to do with BP, only in name.

Several stores in my area are BP franchised, but not one of them is actually owned or operated by BP. Just like the hotel chain I work for, the franchise could change to another brand name and every room or product would still come from the same places, and that is not the hotel brand name that my company works under, we only use the name.

Be sure, before cutting off a store location from business, that they even sell actual BP gas and products, most likely they do not.

I worked for a BP here for a lot of years. The gas we sold at that store and every other in town came from a local distributor, he left BP after filling it's tanks, and pulled across the street to Amoco and filled their tanks, and the gas niether came from BP or Amoco.

Don't take the jobs away from these store employees, please, they need their jobs, they struggle as it is.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't buy BP petrol but as SC said the place I usually get my petrol is probably distributed by BP anyway *sigh*

[edit on 31/5/10 by damn_ummmm]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

for your cause..

but..

much more than a change of avatar is needed.

I did pick one for my signature though.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by damn_ummmm

That is exactly what I am saying. There is a Marathon gas station here that does get gas from BP, but the BP branded stores don't get gas from BP.

Check the store you use before putting people out of work, please.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I don't believe boycotting BP will put anyone out of business. First, I doubt it would completely halt business as there are always people that don't care. Second, if it does effect the station owner to the point he/she can't make a living.. the other oil companies would love to take the station over. It isn't hard to change to other companies.. I see it done all the time here. I know you can't always boycott the supplier of a station as it is hard to know where the fuel comes from, but you still are sending a clear message by boycotting the stations branded BP/ARCO. Even if the BP/ARCO station is being supplied by another oil company.. now that oil company is going to be putting pressure on BP to get things done.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
I support your boycott, OP. However, I never use BP. Never have. They always seem to charge more for gas than the other gas stations, at least in the area I live. But, avatars, well, I don't use them. Not since my baby with the bug eyes got deleted.

That is silly that ATS deleted your avatar.. that is no better than the government. I would start a thread on that.

Edit: Here is my favorite bug eyed baby:
3.bp.blogspot.com...

[edit on 5/31/2010 by Morpheas]

join