It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
since in italy the position of government and media (nearly the same thing) are 99% on the side of israel, i publish a link to a "boicottisrael" campaign in italy. search in your own country, there are similar going on.
stopping buying from firms which work for israel, is far more effective than accusing.

www.comedonchisciotte.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has ordered to open the Rafah crossing on the border with Gaza to deliver humanitarian aid and open access for those who need medical treatment, MENA Egyptian news agency said.

Israel has since 2007 blockaded the Gaza Strip, ruled by the radical Hamas movement.

CAIRO, June 1 (RIA Novosti)

Source

let's see if Turkey indeed is also sending aid wirh marine protecton.

kind redgards,

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ewokdisco
you should read what Bertrand Russell had to say about Israel. someone on here should paste a copy up of his words.

So much we 'aren't allowed' to say, huh ?

But maybe it's building our characters ?

For instance, T & C would never tolerate our hinting that one gentile fingernail is worth ten thousand israelis

But if we put neat quote boxes around ' One jewish fingernail is worth ten thousand goyim'-- then that's permissable. HAS to be permissable, right ? Because it's already been said. And the ADL gave it a big fat pass

Actually, not quite sure why it works that way. It just does. It could be in the Bible. Not sure. But no-one objects to the claim that a gentile is worth only one ten-thousandth of a jewish fingernail, least of all the ADL

As to Betrand Russel -- well, he's just lucky he died before they could drag him off to Germany and lock him up alongside Zundel

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret
You come to my house at night with guns i'll knock your teeth off.

Your group full of armed hate-mongers came to my street. You did not enter my property but you were making a lot of noise in front of my house.

And you were going to enter under false pretenses.

Hamas has the right of self defense under International law.

Does Hamas also have the right to call for genocide and eradication of all Jews?

Do you think posters here have the right? Is that covere by "freedom of speech"?

I know many here are "just clowning" when calling for genocide but we must remember that we are talking about real people here. REAL LIFE, not virtual reality.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

No the system is not broken it functions as it is designed to in breaking people of a desire to be noble, a desire to be decent, a desire to be loving, a desire to be forgiving, a desire to be honest and true to their own hearts and own sense of right and wrong.

The system is just fine, it is the people who are broken Mr. Boyd.

Tragically so.

Spoken like don Juan

Authority is who kills you if you resist.

Yes they have been warned, so what? Only cowards kill unarmed people out of their fear which they project on everyone, and in everyone they see only cowards, broken people, like they are - ready to kill the moment an unauthorized movement occurs.

So they have 'right" to do so. But, where there are "rights" there is no freedom.

None of those who justify Israeli cowards ever mentions freedom - it is all about the "rights" of those (cowards) who are armed to the teeth and so afraid of those who don't feel the same way.

Despite all possible manipulation, the true faces of Israeli pawns have been revealed one more time. Fighting ghosts with their own images.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Hiya, nice to see you again

Did you read my post about 20,000 Megaphoners being summoned to flood the interwebs with Pro-Israel 'topic management' re: the 'Aid-Flotilla' incident (apparently, when over ten but under 50 civilians are murdered in cold-blood and whilst asleep, by israel --- it's referred to as an 'incident') ?

And I guess you missed my follow-up post, so I've kindly pasted it below for you:

Willravel included this in his/her comment "And if it is occupying Gaza, then under international law (1949 Fourth Geneva Convention) Israel is responsible for the welfare of the Strip’s inhabitants.

Given that the blockade has put Palestinians there on a starvation diet for the past four years, Israel should long ago have been in the dock for committing a crime against humanity."

Meaning, if Israel isn't an occupying force then they have no right to impose a blockade on Palestinian Territorial waters but since they have imposed this blockade they are in fact occupying Gaza. Therefore, Israel "doesn't have a leg to stand on, legally." They are clearly in violation of International Law.

to which I added the following:

Israel is undone

They do not have a leg on which to stand, that's true

They never did have the guts to risk international sanctions, by openly declaing they were an 'occupying force' in Gaza

..... yet they have behaved exactly *AS IF * they are an officially-declared occupying-force

However, because they are NOT an official, occupying-force

they had NO RIGHT to declare a blockade

and it follows they had absolutely no right to prevent the aid-flotilla from docking at Gaza

It goes without saying that they had no right therefore to even ask the aid-flotilla to turn around

And the magnitude of israeli-wrongness re: boarding and attacking the aid-flotilla --- is off the scale !

and that's without even mentioning the continuing illegal settlements on stolen land

You're finished, israel. Pack your bags

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

They have reportedly been given the choice between accepting deportation or to be tried in an Israeli court.

They told reporters the Israelis beat activists with clubs and used electric shocks, and said they heard shooting aboard the Turkish boat ahead of theirs.

“The ship turned into a lake of blood,” Nilufer Cetin told reporters. “We were aware of the possible danger; in joining the trip, but there are thousands of babies in Gaza. If we had reached Gaza we would have played with them and taken them food.”

Soldiers had tazers as well then.

The US Navy veteran

Joe Meadors, 63, of Texas, is a Navy veteran. His wife Jean said yesterday evening that she believed he was safe, “but I’d like to hear that from him.” She said his exact status, whether under arrest, detention or otherwise, was unclear.

Mr Meadors served aboard the U.S. Navy intelligence ship USS Liberty that was attacked by Israeli forces in 1967, killing 34 crew members. “He hasn’t had much luck with the Israelis,” his wife said.

Six Greeks, including a crew member, returning to Athens today told reporters that Israeli commandos boarded the boats in international waters about 80-90 mile off the Israeli coast.

80 miles is in international waters.

The Journalists

Two Australian journalists and two other Australian womere were being detained in Be’ersheva detention centre and their safety had been confirmed, Australian officials said. An Australian man on board the ship underwent surgery after being shot in the leg.

Even shooting journalists now.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
BREAKING ON AL-JAZEERA : Egypt to open border with Gaza for humanitarian aid!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Now will Israel put troops on the Israel-Egypt border to stop that?

I bet you they will!

That's what war is for

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
Are you sure it was humanitarian aid? I find it stupid from Israel to come with this "live" intervention without a proper reason. I mean: it was known that the 6 ships got strong media coverage , why would they risk it??? Maybe we miss something ? Did they got an order to initiate WW3 ?

Edit to add : What about hunting and massacring Kurds? I guess Turkey does not have the moral ground to do what they do. Egypt? yes.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Romanian]

All states are the same. There is no doubt about that.

But every now and then those who don't like to bend show how to live or die like free people. And forces of dark retreat for a brief moment.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

Willravel included this in his/her comment "And if it is occupying Gaza, then under international law (1949 Fourth Geneva Convention) Israel is responsible for the welfare of the Strip’s inhabitants.

Given that the blockade has put Palestinians there on a starvation diet for the past four years, Israel should long ago have been in the dock for committing a crime against humanity."

Meaning, if Israel isn't an occupying force then they have no right to impose a blockade on Palestinian Territorial waters but since they have imposed this blockade they are in fact occupying Gaza. Therefore, Israel "doesn't have a leg to stand on, legally." They are clearly in violation of International Law.

Israel is undone

They do not have a leg on which to stand, that's true

They never did have the guts to risk international sanctions, by openly declaing they were an 'occupying force' in Gaza

..... yet they have behaved exactly *AS IF * they are an officially-declared occupying-force

However, because they are NOT an official, occupying-force

they had NO RIGHT to declare a blockade

and it follows they had absolutely no right to prevent the aid-flotilla from docking at Gaza

It goes without saying that they had no right therefore to even ask the aid-flotilla to turn around

And the magnitude of israeli-wrongness re: boarding and attacking the aid-flotilla --- is off the scale !

and that's without even mentioning the continuing illegal settlements on stolen land

You're finished, israel. Pack your bags

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Dock9]

I do not think they are in a hurry to pack their bags....

For all those that are convinced that Israel is to be thrown to the wolves soon or actually entertain the likes of Turkey posing a threat, sit back and enjoy the truth of the matter, compliments of Hilary Clinton.

Or just skip to 2:42

This took place whilst Obama was 'playing tough' with Israel regarding the settlements for the world's press.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

You need to know that HIllary Clinton carries no weight with me

And I'll reiterate that israel should start packing its bags

After all, israelis have been packing theirs and heading out with increasing frequency. Brings to mind the adage about rats and sinking ships

But then again, it also reminds of Nero and his fiddling as all hell drew closer

Maybe there are some israelis who'll feel the only way to atone will be to remain to face those Palestinians as they head into town to reclaim the homes and businesses and orchards and factories and bank balances stolen from them by the newly-named israelis, back in the 1940s and 1950s ? Apparently, many Palestinians --- despite what they've been put through --- have retained the keys to their stolen homes

Personally, I'd like to see lots of israelis stay to face the Palestinians

but realistically, I don't expect many will. Because whilst its fun for israel to play the bully, it won't be too much fun when the boots on the other foot, will it ?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
There is a new video just put on Vodpod 3 hours ago of Israelis (possibly in streets of Tel Aviv) celebrating the Flotilla incident...

www.vodpod.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Israel is here to stay, I'm sorry to disappoint all of you.

Does any of you ever checked how many Muslims are killed by Muslims worldwide each month? No one condemns here war crimes done on a daily basis until Israel is involved.

You are all hypocrites who just cannot accept the idea of the state of Israel.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by patonj

Nice Try.

But that sort of hasbaratchik nonsense doesn't work anymore.

Israel attacked the ships of NATO nations whilst they were in International waters. The Israelis went too far this time.

Now we must wait for the completely justifiable Turkish (or NATO) response.

All the propaganda in the world can't salvage Israel's image now. It only makes Israel look worse.

*P.S. Welcome to the fray.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by patonj
Israel is here to stay, I'm sorry to disappoint all of you.

Does any of you ever checked how many Muslims are killed by Muslims worldwide each month? No one condemns here war crimes done on a daily basis until Israel is involved.

Hi. Did YOU read my post about the 20,000 Megaphoners who've heeded the call to flood forums with Pro Israel 'topic management' re: what's being called the 'Aid-Flotilla incident' ?

But as to your remarks:

Is that what our problem is, is it ? We can't accept the idea of the state of israel, you say ?

I agree with you, israel's in quite a state, isn't it ? State of disgrace, on the international stage. State of disarray ? State of shame and condemnation

But I don't mind that. Don't mind that at all

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by Skellon

You need to know that HIllary Clinton carries no weight with me

And I'll reiterate that israel should start packing its bags

After all, israelis have been packing theirs and heading out with increasing frequency. Brings to mind the adage about rats and sinking ships

But then again, it also reminds of Nero and his fiddling as all hell drew closer

Maybe there are some israelis who'll feel the only way to atone will be to remain to face those Palestinians as they head into town to reclaim the homes and businesses and orchards and factories and bank balances stolen from them by the newly-named israelis, back in the 1940s and 1950s ? Apparently, many Palestinians --- despite what they've been put through --- have retained the keys to their stolen homes

Personally, I'd like to see lots of israelis stay to face the Palestinians

but realistically, I don't expect many will. Because whilst its fun for israel to play the bully, it won't be too much fun when the boots on the other foot, will it ?

Hi Dock9,

I do not think it is fun for Israel to play the bully.

I am just stating that the US has vowed to stand by Israel unconditionally.

When people tout Israels chances against certain countries or multiple countires, they have to ask themselves one thing;

Which country in their right mind will risk the unbridled wrath of the US?

My answer : Less than you can count on one hand and those few would only do so if their war footing directly involved the US.

Therefore when anyone speaks of Israel, they speak of the US also.

It is my strong opinion that the US will go to a world war in defence of Israel, I am quite sure that the good people of America will not support it but then they have to fill those recently built FEMA camps with 50 million 'enemies of the state' somehow.

This is why Israel conducts its own free will in the face of world condemnation, it has the impunity to do so.

This impunity in its actions, in the face of international condemnation is interpreted as arrogance, combine that with Israels military might and the frustration of knowing Uncle Sam has its back and little wonder why it is despised the world over.

Israel is the bastard child of America, it is that untouchable kid in the playground, as anyone choosing to physically harm it does so knowing his dad will beat the living s*hit out of them.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Do you have any facts about this? I'd like to see.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon

Haha, you'd like us to think that wouldn't you?

Invoking the "Special Relationship".... Nice one.

Sadly, with this latest debacle Israel has shown that it has gone rogue.

Some say its belligerence already threatens our interests in the region - many agree.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by patonj

Mate, your admission date speaks more about your intentions than your own words.

ATS is smarter than that.

Try again.

[edit on 1/6/2010 by MorfeuZ]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by Skellon

Haha, you'd like us to think that wouldn't you?

Incoking the "Special Relationship".... Nice one.

Sadly, with this latest debacle Israel has shown that it has gone rogue.

Some say its belligerence already threatens our interests in the region - many agree.

Please look at the AIPAC video again, this stance does not change in light of this recent incident. It has not changed for decades, it will not change now.

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join