It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bugman82

(a) are believed on reasonable grounds to be carrying contraband or breaching a blockade, and after prior warning they intentionally and clearly refuse to stop, or intentionally and clearly resist visit, search or capture;

UN Human Rights Chief: Israel's Blockade of Gaza Strip Is Illegal

It is a concentration camp, they are just pushing Palestinians out of the land slowly, I guess the illegal settlements are also not illegal, or the illegal wall is also not illegal, or the illegal occupation of Palestinian territories are also no illegal.

Go spread your propaganda somewhere else.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
So now Israel have released the shepherd.

Al-Manar: Israeli army releases 11-year-old Lebanese shepherd after failing to lure father in

Ain't that nice? KIDNAPPING CHILDREN so their father can be kidnapped too...

REAL NICE TACTICS THERE ISRAEL.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I really try to NOT take sides where Israel and the Gaza trip is concerned, as in the past it has been, in my opinion, a tit-for-tat display.

This blatant act of aggression by Israel towards a humanitarian aid ship in INTERNATIONAL waters just drew the crabs on Israel, big time.

Israel, you are a loose cannon and you must be stopped. I think many Aussies would agree when say that we should cut all ties with you.

*** I was very proud to see so many people in Sydney tonight from the Muslim, Jewish, Turkish and Australian communities, along with some of our trade unions protesting this despicable act. They were united...a rare thing.

res

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

I stated this 2 posts ago:
You may continue your propoganda. I'm sure you will continue to play the sypathy card for the poor activists, spout anti-Israel talking points, and continue to argue without fact.

Then, what you should also do, is read my very first post in this thread. You would then realize that I have no support for the Israeli blockade. This would then help you to understand the fact that what you are saying doesn't matter to me.

Sorry, I'm here to smash propoganda. Both sides are using it in full swing. Let's get to the facts and the facts only please.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

One person saying it's illegal doesn't make it so. Show me where the UN has formally declared the blockade illegal. You won't find it because it hasn't happened.

Oh, and I guess I should post a link to my first post that clearly states I'm against the Israeli blockade. However, being against something doesn't mean I spout propoganda to serve my cause.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Bugman82]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Al-Manar (Arabic: المنار‎; The Beacon) is the satellite television station of Hezbollah.

So much for unbiased reporting. I'd like to see this story also confirmed by the Israeli media before I attach any value to it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Yeah because the US is vetoing every single freaking resolution against Israel. It's like the US has a veto on reality.

Not to mention the UN loves genocides.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Sorry, I'm here to smash propoganda. Both sides are using it in full swing. Let's get to the facts and the facts only please.

Maybe you'd better write than in a letter and post it to Netanyahu ?

I'm sure he'll oblige YOU

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I hardly consider Israel's first Prime Minister and avowed zionist, Ben Gurion, of being guilty, within his personal diaries, of 'propaganda'

And as you must surely be aware, everything in my post (which you label 'propaganda') was sourced from Ben Gurion's diaries

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Yeah because the US is vetoing every single freaking resolution against Israel. It's like the US has a veto on reality.

Not to mention the UN loves genocides.

I agree and I don't like it either. However, using propoganda to further my cause won't accomplish anything. Facts are facts. I've stated that I hope this attention ends the blockade but at the same time I have to also make sure I admit wrongs from the other side. I may sympathize with those on the flotilla in some ways but their actions were wrong and decietful.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by -Rugged Shark-

Isreali media are not biased?

Please. They regularly lie both outright and selectively to shape the opinions of those who keep them in power.

Your demand to see "Isreali" proof shows your own bias sir.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82
reply to post by LittleSecret

One person saying it's illegal doesn't make it so. Show me where the UN has formally declared the blockade illegal. You won't find it because it hasn't happened.

Oh, and I guess I should post a link to my first post that clearly states I'm against the Israeli blockade. However, being against something doesn't mean I spout propoganda to serve my cause.

No I understand you are against the Israeli blockade, but I'm against you saying the blockade is legal.

See the blockade would be illegal under international law because collective punishment is illegal.

This is collective punishment against the Gazan people.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Rugged Shark-
reply to post by Vitchilo

Al-Manar (Arabic: المنار‎; The Beacon) is the satellite television station of Hezbollah.

So much for unbiased reporting. I'd like to see this story also confirmed by the Israeli media before I attach any value to it.

Yeah well the Lebanese Army said there was no one kidnapped. So there.

But come on. Israeli news are not even trusted by Israelis.

And most of my news about Israel I look on Haaretz and JPost...and there's lots of BS on there. I almost NEVER use Al-Manar... I probably use them less than one tenth of a percent.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

link   
When are we actually going to hear how many people were killed? I have heard 9,10,15,19 and up to 29.

The fact that Israel will not even relase the actual numbers is worrying.

link   

The aid-bringers were 'deceitful' ?

Hardly, lol

They stated their intentions years ago, then months ago

IT was world knowledge

Their boat was searched, with their co-operation, three times prior to setting off for Gaza

The passengers were known

Their aims were known

So it would appear it is you who is peddling propaganda

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
When are we actually going to hear how many people were killed? I have heard 9,10,15,19 and up to 29.

I agree

But don't worry --- this is not escaping the world's attention

In fact, the longer israel stalls --- the more assiduously the world will be watching

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Since everyone is in outrage against Israel it bears repeating that neither the people on the ship in their proven Violence nor the Hamas are "poor humanitarians that just want to help".

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

I agree

But don't worry --- this is not escaping the world's attention

In fact, the longer israel stalls --- the more assiduously the world will be watching

You are an optimist and I feel bad for you..

You can't have hope when it comes to ISrael, the world can't do much, the leaders are for some reason backing Israel at all costs.

Europe didn't even condemn the attacks, Europe merely state they were shocked and asked for an investigation.

But why would you need an investigation? The fact that IDF rampaged the ships in International waters is and will be all the investigation needed.

What else does Europe need?

I don't expect much to happen, maybe Israel will soften the blockade, or not, I'm not expecting much, because the world has failed Palestinians too many times.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

We're way too experienced to rise to blatant baiting

We saw the videos as the israel slaughter was underway

The world has seen it

The world has reacted

And we don't even need to go to the trouble of using colour for emphasis. The truth is out. The colour is black

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
Since everyone is in outrage against Israel it bears repeating that neither the people on the ship in their proven Violence nor the Hamas are "poor humanitarians that just want to help".

You come to my house at night with guns i'll knock your teeth off.

The same happened in the ships, the ship had every right to be on those waters, the IDF had no right to enter the ships, it is as simple as that.

Don't try to twist and turn.

Hamas has the right of self defense under International law.

You can't blockade a group of people without expecting any resistance, you can't live under occupation without seeing resistance.

Don't twist and turn, you won't gain anything out of it, only the politician magicians will.

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join