It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

The UN SC is not required by the UN charter to pass resolutions declaring a blockade lawful.

Article 51
Nothing in the present Charter shall impair the inherent right of individual or collective self-defence if an armed attack occurs against a Member of the United Nations, until the Security Council has taken measures necessary to maintain international peace and security. Measures taken by Members in the exercise of this right of self-defence shall be immediately reported to the Security Council and shall not in any way affect the authority and responsibility of the Security Council under the present Charter to take at any time such action as it deems necessary in order to maintain or restore international peace and security.

They can after the fact declare an action by a member state to be unlawful, but the member state doesn't require permission from the UNSC to perform such action.

[edit on 1/6/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
I have not read all the comments up until now. But i know a thing or two about boarding boats. I used to do this my self.

I've been on this thread for about 80 pages. I've read everything.

I have seen a lot of different news clips of how this incident have been illustrated to the public. This incident has been shaped, fixed and prepped in many different way's to give the viewers different opinions.

Me too and i've seen a lot of white wash too.

1. This boat was already warned in advance that it would be boarded.

The boat had also been checked THREE times by different customs agents too.

2. In the clips i have seen, the people on the boat interfered in the boarding sequence with weapons like: slingshots, iron and wooden sticks.

Yeah against real rifles and real bullets.

3. The commandos did not shoot first or show physical aggression first. The peaceful people on board the boat interfered aggressively and physically first.

You DO NOT know this and are merely making assumptions. This is not fact.

In my personal opinion the people on the boat provoked the commandos to create a incident that would make news headlines. And it seams to be working for now. But nothing will come out of this.

My personal opinion is that Israel caused the provocation by storming the boat with designated targets. The crowd protected each other from the armed assailants. People got hurt, people got killed.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Just in, apparently

What purports to feature 'Israelis Celebrating Attack on Turkish Aid Ship -- in Front of Turkish Embassy, Tel Aviv'

from Live Leak

www.rys2sense.com...

I'll watch it when I can

to see if it's similar to Israelis Dancing As the Twin Towers Exploded

Yes it is true CNN is reporting that there was an Israeli Demonstration against Turkey at the Turkish Embassy in Tel Aviv.

Typical Zionist nonsense, they never do anything wrong of their own volition its always little old ladies and children that provoke them and left them 'no' choice, even though the 'no' choice was usually planned out six months to a year in advance by the Israelis to respond to something that hasn't happened yet, but always seems to once the little old ladies and children are provoked by the Israelis.

The funny thing is I would be a lot easier on the Zionists if they just once ever came out and said you know "we screwed up, we made a mistake, no excuse for it, so we won't insult you by offering up a bad one".

The truth is they are the world's worst liars, to the point it is insulting to the people they tell them to, which just happens to be everyone including themselves.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
Well they are 'peace activists'. I would expect them to try to act in a peacefull manner, if they were attacked by the commandos then sure they have every right to defend themselves even as 'peace activists'.

Initiating hostilities would have been the last thing I expected from activists that live to oppose that very action.....

So tell me, upon waking up to find that your fellow crew mates had been shot... The sounds of live ammuniton being fired around the ship and reports of people with bullets in their heads and then suddenly coming onto the deck and finding more chaos.

Then you look up to see more armed men coming down from a helicopter. I don't know about you - but i'd certainly not just stand there waiting to be executed.

Ever heard of survival instinct?

A hippy or not, a gun shoved in your face is going to change your whole perspective, especially when injured and dead people are being dragged past you.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Israel had already decided the cargo was to be confiscated and people arrested "before" an inspection even took place.

So yes you are thick for suggesting this is similar to what the U.S. Coast guard does.

Sort it out or stay out of the conversation.

[edit on 11/19/09 by thedeadtruth]

link   
Aussie news:

Australia is demanding Israel conduct a credible investigation subject to international scrutiny over a deadly the raid.

Mr Smith described the incident as "terrible and shocking".

He said one Australian was shot in the leg during the attack and was being treated in an Israeli hospital, but did not identify the person.

"We don't have any information that any other Australians have been caught up either injured or killed at this stage," Mr Smith told ABC Radio.

Consular officials were working "very actively" and "strenuously" to determine the welfare of other Australians who may have been aboard the flotilla.

"It's a terrible and shocking incident and people have genuinely been shocked by it," Mr Smith said, adding it was appropriate for Australia to deplore the violence and deaths.

"But we do need to proceed very calmly, there's always claim and counter-claim."

Australia wanted Israel to effect "a credible investigation that needs to be subject to the scrutiny of the international community through the (United Nations) security council".

"The onus is on Israel to provide a detailed explanation as to these matters," Mr Smith said.

Israel also would have to explain its use of force and possible use of disproportionate force, Mr Smith said.

Australia maintained its view that Israel should ease its blockade of Gaza to allow aid and humanitarian assistance through.

Mr Smith acknowledged there was great concern in the international community over the incident.

Australian officials "at every level" in Canberra and Tel Aviv were in close contact with their Israeli counterparts.

"They're putting our view which goes to the easing of restrictions or access to the Gaza for aid and humanitarian assistance and also for a credible response to this shocking incident," Mr Smith said.

news.smh.com.au...

Good show

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Dock9]

link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Well they are 'peace activists'. I would expect them to try to act in a peacefull manner, if they were attacked by the commandos then sure they have every right to defend themselves even as 'peace activists'.

Initiating hostilities would have been the last thing I expected from activists that live to oppose that very action.....

So tell me, upon waking up to find that your fellow crew mates had been shot... The sounds of live ammuniton being fired around the ship and reports of people with bullets in their heads and then suddenly coming onto the deck and finding more chaos.

Then you look up to see more armed men coming down from a helicopter. I don't know about you - but i'd certainly not just stand there waiting to be executed.

Ever heard of survival instinct?

A hippy or not, a gun shoved in your face is going to change your whole perspective, especially when injured and dead people are being dragged past you.

You are basing this assuption on 'earlier reports', I am basing my opinions on the evidence released.

So you summised that the natural instinct of passengers upon alleged shots fired on lower decks is to rush up to the top deck with weapons to greet the 'murderers' that just killed people on the lower deck?

More likely they would be huddled together screaming or jump overboard.

Unless, the 'earlier reports' were false as I suspect and the mob on the top deck were prepared for this action all along.

This is real life not hollywood, if you fire one gun shot in the air in a crowded place, people will scream, run or hit the ground. They will not collectively aggress the shooter.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Israel doesn give a damn about what the others think.
They are just doing what they feel like cuz i guess they think they are the most powerful nation in the world.By doing this brutal act they have proved themselves to be inhumane. I mean what the hell man..not allowing aid workers to help the people ? This is just insane.

Day by day, people's hatred towards Israel is increasing and I hope one day everyone would forget North Korea and target ISRAEL instead.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Israel’s Targeted Assassination Scandal The IDF spy case revealed Thursday began in late 2008, with the publication of an article in Haaretz. The article, by writer Uri Blau, accused the IDF of continuing a policy of targeted assassination of terrorists despite a Supreme Court order favoring arrests whenever possible. www.israelnationalnews.com... .... The IDF enjoys virtual impunity in Israeli society and the Court does little or nothing to prevent it. Uri Blau’s story reveals that for some in Israel the rule of law is little more than an inconvenient theory honored in the breach, if at all.

wincoast.com...

Dock9, I knew there was a reason I put you on my friend list a while back. Your post reminded me of something I was looking for a while back and this post of yours confirmed it. I did a thread on it and all, but forgot about it until I read your post. Hey, I might not agree with everything you post but you sure hit the nail on the head here.

Edited to add that it started with a spy case in Israel. A certain reporter had collected enough top secret documents to really bury the IDF. She leaked a few of them to this Uri guy who was arrested as well. He wrote an article called License to Kill and in it the IDF saw some serious intelligence leaks.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

No you're not. I have posted more evidence and links on these boards in the last 24 hours than you probably ever will.

You are simply trying to discredit what i and many others have seen from a combination of live feeds, photographs, eye witness statements (the video with the young boy talking about the shootings) aswell as hundreds of media reports and links to foreign media sites that are not whitewashing this.

I think YOU are the one without any evidence.

Don't try and discredit me. If you want to make yourself useful - then do what I did and go back through more than 88 pages on here alone (and then check the hundreds of links that I and many others have painstakingly searched for).

* I have posted various sources for my links over 24 hours, as i say go back over 88 pages

* I predicted that there were individual targets to be snatched and killed even before that hitlist book was found

* I also found more than one picture of the hitlist - proving that it wasn't a random piece of paper.

* I also proved that image didn't orginate from a BLOG - in fact i actually found the Turkish source of the SIX images.

* I was the one who found out the captain had been INJURED AFTER calling for the riot to stop.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by mr-lizard]

[edit on 1-6-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yep. From personal experience, I've found it to be a case of:

' It doesn't matter what we do. We'll do as we LIKE ! It only ever matters if we're found out . And then we'll make your life hell until you bow down before us and beg to be allowed to apologise and say we didn't do it. You GOT that ? You will NOT ever see or speak about our doing anything wrong. Or you will pay ! '

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by spy66
I have not read all the comments up until now. But i know a thing or two about boarding boats. I used to do this my self.

I've been on this thread for about 80 pages. I've read everything.

I have seen a lot of different news clips of how this incident have been illustrated to the public. This incident has been shaped, fixed and prepped in many different way's to give the viewers different opinions.

Me too and i've seen a lot of white wash too.

1. This boat was already warned in advance that it would be boarded.

The boat had also been checked THREE times by different customs agents too.

2. In the clips i have seen, the people on the boat interfered in the boarding sequence with weapons like: slingshots, iron and wooden sticks.

Yeah against real rifles and real bullets.

3. The commandos did not shoot first or show physical aggression first. The peaceful people on board the boat interfered aggressively and physically first.

You DO NOT know this and are merely making assumptions. This is not fact.

In my personal opinion the people on the boat provoked the commandos to create a incident that would make news headlines. And it seams to be working for now. But nothing will come out of this.

My personal opinion is that Israel caused the provocation by storming the boat with designated targets. The crowd protected each other from the armed assailants. People got hurt, people got killed.

As i said, this event is all about how people view what they have been shown and told. Its a normal reaction to create a worse case scenario. And a opinion that support their own opinion of what they observe.

If someone grabs the fast rope so that the commandos fall. And then beat the commandos with sticks as they lay on the deck. Its is very obvious that counter measures will be taken by the commandos. Its how it works, and its how they are trained to cope with aggression. Their goal is to get control over the ship and its people as fast as possible. How its is done also depends largely on how the people aboard act.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

No it's not BS. I did do a thread on this and here it is if you want to check it out. I did not follow the story but I remember the girl being sent back to Israel and being incarcerated. The whole thing was leaked. They do carry lists of people to exterminate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Israel had already decided the cargo was to be confiscated and people arrested "before" an inspection even took place.

So yes you are thick for suggesting this is similar to what the U.S. Coast guard does.

Sort it out or stay out of the conversation.

[edit on 11/19/09 by thedeadtruth]

I will speak and post wherever I please. For you to even suggest to another ATS member to stay out of a conversation, as if you alone can judge the truth, is disgusting.

You need to sort out what you are reading before you make impulsive assumptions and statements.

[edit on 1/6/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Good day, Jackflap

I probably don't always agree with what I post either

But it would be a dull old forum if we all agreed

God I hope some good comes of this utter waste of decent lives

All the best to you

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I now see this board is no place for me to find any news. Israel was provoked, boarded the ship to check cargo, was attacked and had to respond with lethel force. It is as simple as that, even the msm have this right and the videos clearly show this. Sure you can show tiny segments, and prove your point anyone can.
Lets please stop this Alex Jones, new world order, lizard nonsense. Israel's leaders are not doctor-evil like, shape shifting madmen. Get over it aleready, the IDF was justified in their actions. These blockade running smugglers are lucky more of them didn't meet their makers.
Oh well, I am glad the loons on this board are not in any position of power. All of our IQ's have dropped as a result of reading this racist anti-Israel gibberish.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptron
I now see this board is no place for me to find any news. Israel was provoked, boarded the ship to check cargo, was attacked and had to respond with lethel force. It is as simple as that, even the msm have this right and the videos clearly show this. Sure you can show tiny segments, and prove your point anyone can.
Lets please stop this Alex Jones, new world order, lizard nonsense. Israel's leaders are not doctor-evil like, shape shifting madmen. Get over it aleready, the IDF was justified in their actions. These blockade running smugglers are lucky more of them didn't meet their makers.
Oh well, I am glad the loons on this board are not in any position of power. All of our IQ's have dropped as a result of reading this racist anti-Israel gibberish.

I couldn't agree more with you. But I am having too much fun debating the failed logic of some.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

As has been stated, the original video has been changed. Unfortunately it was strung together. However those of us who watched it know what we saw.

A video edited by the IDF is not impartial in any way.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I couldn't agree more with you. But I am having too much fun debating the failed logic of some.

Oh please your logic is childish and you are doing nothing more than baiting. I will report you if you continue to discredit the hard work of many members here.

Grow up.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

ISRAELI FORCES FIRED ON SLEEPING CIVILIANS UNDER COVER OF DARKNESS

Under darkness of night, Israeli commandoes dropped from a helicopter onto the Turkish passenger ship, Mavi Marmara, and began to shoot the moment their feet hit the deck.

They fired directly into the crowd of civilians asleep. According to the live video from the ship, two have been killed, and 31 injured. Al Jazeera has just confirmed the numbers.

Streaming video shows the Israeli soldiers shooting at civilians, and our last SPOT beacon said, “HELP, we are being contacted by the Israelis.”

As things currently stand 20 people are thought to have been killed in the attack.

Loads of VIDEOS accompany the article

www.infowars.com...

and

whatreallyhappened.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join