It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Good catch, Mr.Lizard

early days right now

but we can expect to see very clear details of the Kill List in days and weeks to come --- they will be all over the interwebs
and clear as day

then we'll match the target people on the Kill List with those who WERE killed or victim's of intended murder

LEt's see how far 'coincidence' can be stretched

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The blockade of gaza may be immoral and unethical but until the UN SC declares it unlawful, it exists.

The U.N. urged Israel to take no further steps that could endanger civilian lives. "We wish to make clear that such tragedies are entirely avoidable if Israel heeds the repeated calls of the international community to end its counterproductive and unacceptable blockade of Gaza," said a joint statement from Robert Serry, U.N. special coordinator for the Middle East peace process, and Filippo Grandi, commissioner general of the U.N. Relief and Works Agency.

The reality is no, the UN Security Council has never been able to pass a resolution against Israel that the United States has not used its veto power to make sure wasn't implemented and there is no chance with Hilary Clinton as Secretary of State that we are going to start not vetoing resolutions against Israel.

In reality the UN and most of the people in the world consider the Gaza blockade to be immoral and repugnant and a crime against humanity.

The UN is not a democracy though. Each one of the Five Permanent Members of the Security Council have the power to veto any resolution, so the reality is that the true will of the world matters not one little bit, just the true will of the five leading armaments producers and dealers, the United States, Great Brittan, France, Russia and China.

The “Law” is simply a selective thing that serves those who employ a “Might makes right” mentality and will hide behind that murderous and dysfunctional thinking all day long.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

4th Geneva Convention Part III : Status and treatment of protected persons Section I: Provisions common to the territories of the parties to the conflict and to occupied territories

Article 33

No protected person may be punished for an offence he or she has not personally committed. Collective penalties and likewise all measures of intimidation or of terrorism are prohibited. Pillage is prohibited.
Reprisals against protected persons and their property are prohibited.

This blockade, which essentially is collective punishment of innocent civilians, is in violation of article 33 of the Geneva convention.

Israel refuses to abide by the rules, then uses those very rules to justify their own actions.

- Lee

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
www.worldbulletin.net...

NOT A PAINTBALL GUN!

And you can quite clearly see that the Israeli soldier is on the Turkish boat as you can see the flag.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
www.worldbulletin.net...

NOT A PAINTBALL GUN!

And you can quite clearly see that the Israeli soldier is on the Turkish boat as you can see the flag.

I agree with you, I saw a 'peace activist' with what looked like a bb gun, not a soldier. I shall dig up the footage and find the time at which this is shown.

Whilst I am at it though... 'peace activists' attacking soldiers before they have set foot on the boat.

That doesnt seem at all strange to you guys then?

Practice what you preach?

Unless..... OMG, they might not have been there to promote peace.........

Remember the only person witnessed to try and hide their identity from the camera was a 'peace activist' with a gas mask pulled back on top of his head.

Now why would a peace lover that was obviously an innocent victim and therefore had nothing to be guilty about want to hide his identity?

Fishy Fishy....

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomysFan27

(Sigh) Look at the manifest. Do you really think European politicans went there to cause trouble? To attack Israeli soldiers?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think we can both agree the system is completely broken.

Sometimes things that are lawful are not always right.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
I agree with an earlier post that Israel is a client state for the MIC. A perpetual festering wound in the Middle East which can only be soothed with expensive weapons that should be used and replaced regularly. It is important that Israel antagonize the region from time to time lest peace mistakenly break out and ruin the profits of the few. A base of operations for the elite to maximize energy, weapons and drug profits in their dirty little game. The same game that is currently destroying the entire Gulf of Mexico and possibly the entire eastern seaboard.

I am so tired of the oil wars...I want solar, wind, geothermal, tidal...clean, renewable, plentiful. No oil problems...No Israel problems.

Just a dream...back to the carnage and hate.

That dream is the revelation, the eventual fruit of this tipping point. I like the MIC analogy, as it is such a subconsciously driven effort, so far from where we sit, and yet so used to provide the greedy with tax dollars and excuses to control and dominate. There is a Dead Kennedy's song that speaks about the hype of media, driving people to hatred, so that we feel right to go to war. Make us hate those people. Take our tax money. Create more debt. And actually toil in thoughts of our own total destruction.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by tecumsah]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon

Originally posted by tecumsah

Originally posted by malchediel

Originally posted by On the level
Have said it for years, Israel thinks it can say and do what it wants and if anyone says otherwise we are anti-Semite and deserve publically flogged. If this was Iran that had done this the nukes would already be in the air. I hope they get what they want, an open war on three fronts and America wakes up and leave them to it for a change.

C'mon... the same can be directed straight back to you and yours. Those standing up for Israel are labeled what? .....

Seems as if I am being repetitively asked a question... both are covert hypnotic techniques from KUBARK. Lets go back to before WWII in the 30's in Germany.

England agreed to create Israel in exchange for the support of Jews in Germany to make things difficult for The Reich. Nazis and sympathizers who knew of the Atomic bomb thought it a great way to gather them all in one place. It was to be a trap. The Holocaust used to justify the conduct of a Nation will become its Nuclear Holocaust Memorial. How ironic.

PLEASE ...if going to steal from web post the quote links ...eg that paragraph is directly stolen from middleeast.web

If you could provide the link of where you suggest I stole from.

These are my thoughts, from past history, with no preconceived label or framework from the press. It's time to break that framework and think realistically. Otherwise we are molded to fit into the same arguments, which have preselected answers by the broken establishment.

link   
I have not read all the comments up until now. But i know a thing or two about boarding boats. I used to do this my self.

I have seen a lot of different news clips of how this incident have been illustrated to the public. This incident has been shaped, fixed and prepped in many different way's to give the viewers different opinions.

1. This boat was already warned in advance that it would be boarded.

2. In the clips i have seen, the people on the boat interfered in the boarding sequence with weapons like: slingshots, iron and wooden sticks.

3. The commandos did not shoot first or show physical aggression first. The peaceful people on board the boat interfered aggressively and physically first.

In my personal opinion the people on the boat provoked the commandos to create a incident that would make news headlines. And it seams to be working for now. But nothing will come out of this.

link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

I think we can both agree the system is completely broken.

Sometimes things that are lawful are not always right.

The problem is that the system is not broken Mr. Boyd, it functions exactly as it is designed too.

What is broken is the spirit of the average human being who has been broken in spirit by the system as it is designed to function.

Broken much the way horses are broken to become beasts of burden.

Yet here we are on opposite sides of an issue where the few people who aren't broken by the system, who have the courage and charachter to do what's right regardless of the laws, out or integrity and a desire to do good are murdered and imprisoned for that very effort.

So how then does such a unfavorable system ever change when the majority of people have been broken in spirit by it, so much so that most will argue against anyone who does anything that can be construed as "Breaking the Law" no matter how immoral or repugnant or wrong that law is, even when they in fact have not broken any law at all but authority punishes them any way as if they did?

No the system is not broken it functions as it is designed to in breaking people of a desire to be noble, a desire to be decent, a desire to be loving, a desire to be forgiving, a desire to be honest and true to their own hearts and own sense of right and wrong.

The system is just fine, it is the people who are broken Mr. Boyd.

Tragically so.

[edit on 1/6/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

A log of flags were on that boat.

And I still fail to see how this was not obviously going to happen. Israel did over react. But they said they would.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
I have not read all the comments up until now. But i know a thing or two about boarding boats. I used to do this my self.

I have seen a lot of different news clips of how this incident have been illustrated to the public. This incident has been shaped, fixed and prepped in many different way's to give the viewers different opinions.

1. This boat was already warned in advance that it would be boarded.

2. In the clips i have seen, the people on the boat interfered in the boarding sequence with weapons like: slingshots, iron and wooden sticks.

3. The commandos did not shoot first or show physical aggression first. The peaceful people on board the boat interfered aggressively and physically first.

In my personal opinion the people on the boat provoked the commandos to create a incident that would make news headlines. And it seams to be working for now. But nothing will come out of this.

Reason, logic, common sense and not a biased view in sight, alas there is hope for this world.

This is also my theory on how the arabs play the Israelis, as they tried to fight them once and got their a**es handed to them.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Chevalerous

The United Nations Security Council has to declare a bloackade unlawful and the security council has not declared the Gaza blockade unlawful.

The blockade runners therefore were unlawful.

What kind of twisted logic is that?

You have everything backwards.

The United Nations Security Council doesn't have to declare that this blockade is unlawful because such resolution which would had made it lawful from the beginning doesn't exist from start.

What kind of sick delusional fantasy are you dreaming about!

The United Nations Security Council has never declared any blockade of Gaza from the beginning - there are no such resolutions in the UN.

That is a pipe dream from Israel soley!

OTOH there are one Council resolution 1860 (2009) urging Israel to lift the siege and let humanitarian aid without interference to reach Gaza.

I urge everyone here interested in this murdering act to read this newly released statement from the The United Nations Security Council regarding this crises.

Here you can clearly see that most countries thinks about this insane action and are arguing that International Law has been breached

Security Council 6325th Meeting (PM)

Note: a complete summary of today’s Security Council meeting on the situation in the Middle East, including the Palestinian question, will be made available as press release SC/9940 after the conclusion of the meeting.

The Security Council met today in an emergency meeting to discuss the unfolding situation in the Middle East, including the Palestinian question.

www.un.org...

I'm through arguing this! It's not my fault that some people lack the Intellect to see the obvious crime here clearly.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Earlier reports suggest that shootings had taken place BEFORE the scenes of more men rapelling from the helicopters.

People talked of live ammunition being fired and people injured and killed and then you see the rest of the commando's coming down, which suggests to me - some commando's may have sneaked on board and killed a few before being discovered.

Don't forget the inital reports of people shot in their sleep.

Also what did you expect the people to do? Queue up and wait to be shot? Or maybe put up some kind of resistance?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

The US Coast Guard boards and seizes vessels in the US EEZ for carrying drugs, illegal immigrants, etc.

The difference with the Israeli action is that people were injured and killed.

That wasn't the only difference... this boat wasn't carrying drugs or illegal immigrants and the whole world was notified during the months of preparation that it was coming with humanitarian aid.... and of course, as you mentioned, people were injured and killed

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

A log of flags were on that boat.

And I still fail to see how this was not obviously going to happen. Israel did over react. But they said they would.

Yes.... so... what i'm saying is. The photo could then never be confused as being taken on the Israeli boat.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Just in, apparently

VIDEO of what purports to feature 'Israelis Celebrating Attack on Turkish Aid Ship -- in Front of Turkish Embassy, Tel Aviv'

from Live Leak

www.rys2sense.com...

I'll watch it when I can

to see if it's similar to Israelis Dancing As the Twin Towers Exploded

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
Have you read the thread? Many posters saw it as it happened. I saw a very different video than what the IDF showed.

Then show the video. Point us to where we can see the video of Israelis opening fire either before or during their descent.

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
You claimed it was objective. You did not answer my question about how it could be objective.

Because it is a video, not an potentially biased eye-witness account.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by Skellon

Earlier reports suggest that shootings had taken place BEFORE the scenes of more men rapelling from the helicopters.

People talked of live ammunition being fired and people injured and killed and then you see the rest of the commando's coming down, which suggests to me - some commando's may have sneaked on board and killed a few before being discovered.

Don't forget the inital reports of people shot in their sleep.

Also what did you expect the people to do? Queue up and wait to be shot? Or maybe put up some kind of resistance?

Well they are 'peace activists'. I would expect them to try to act in a peacefull manner, if they were attacked by the commandos then sure they have every right to defend themselves even as 'peace activists'.

Initiating hostilities would have been the last thing I expected from activists that live to oppose that very action.....

But I think it is glaringly obvious that these were not genuine peace activists.

You would be suprised how many governments/organisations employ 'mobs for hire' to incite a desired outcome in the headlines.

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join