It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Damn, I was hoping for some background. In our news there is plenty of strife right now in Turkey between the gov't and the military. The military sees itself as the protector of the constitution and doesn't necessarily follow what the gov't says. It's toppled gov'ts before. This gov't is stronger though. The military may have enough on their hands at home to deal with the Israeli's. Or this might unite the gov. and military.

This could get very ugly. Remember WW1 was started with only 2 bullets.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by intrepid]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
well the live footage doesn't show the entire thing in context anyhow, it's tiny frame of context you don't see if the ship was in direct collision course or what. the cam barely showed anything and I watched it live also.

Israel may have jumped the gun or may not have. If they refused radio or loudspeaker warnings due to course then Israel was right for attacking. Otherwise Israel screwed up and eventually will have the entire world against them and history could repeat itself unless calmer heads prevail.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

But eh, gotta believe them, they are the ``CHOSEN PEOPLE OF GOD`` so they wouldn't lie now would they?

In other news, the death count is now at 15 and 50+ injured. So Israel is continuing their massacre, how nice of them.

At least all won't be lost, because of this, more people will wake up to Israel war crimes.

link   
Excellent propaganda. The ship knew what would happen, to get people riled up against Israel.

link   

link   
During the latter part of the US led Iraq invasion, I remember reading that Turkey had mobilized an impressive military force along the Iraqi border and there was alot of concern that Turkey was going to invade to deal with (israeli trained by the way) Kurdish militants. Unless that has changed recently, Turkey already has a signifigant military presence in the reigon, and in a worse case scenario, this definately has the potential to escalate. Any of those weapons and warfare experts here know spefically what kind of military capability Turkey has in this immediate area?

link   

Originally posted by aboxoftrix
"According to Israel's private channel 10 television, Israeli marine commandos had opened fire after being attacked with axes and knives by a number of the passengers on board the aid ships, the television said, without giving the source of its information.

The station did not say whether the dead and injured were passengers or members of the Israeli navy.

Israel's army radio said between 10 and 14 people had been killed in clashes which broke out after the passengers allegedly tried to grab weapons off the naval commandos who tried to storm one of the boats."

Source

Wow that took a matter of minutes for Israel to concoct complete lies and falsehoods about them shooting innocent people. Good for them, that'll keep advocates brain washed through this incident. :

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
IMO Israel = Devil... I think Hitler was right.......

link   
reply to post by pepesilvia

Scenario 1 - Israel attacked Flotilla after warning shots and inflicted injuries
Scenario 2 - The Flotilla was dead set on course for ramming a blockade boat and refused to alter course, Israeli boats fired on Flotilla to prevent a naval collision.

There is only one scenario, 1. Israel had no right to stop that ship in International waters. That ship has every right to enter Gaza.

2. The blockade is illegal.

It's like saying: two cars crashed, one car was on the wrong side of the road, then you say "we don't know which car was on the wrong side".

zzz

link   
Sorry, replied to an OT post.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by SoulofBlack]

+1 more 
posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by aboxoftrix

I know I am wasting my time... but I will say this once more.

I was watching the attack LIVE...these people were begging for the attack to stop, and commandos were firing into unarmed passenger as multiple languages rang out that the ship was filled with unarmed civilians. Watch the vids is was all captured for posterity...sorry Israel welcome the digital age.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboxoftrix
"According to Israel's private channel 10 television, Israeli marine commandos had opened fire after being attacked with axes and knives by a number of the passengers on board the aid ships, the television said, without giving the source of its information.
Source

If this happened, and from the rappelling video, it's certainly plausible, it explains the casualties.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by St-Patrick

come now.....

what actions do you think will be taken? BESIDES WAR.

what can anyone really do? IF israel really is at fault.

link   
reply to post by intrepid

This could get very ugly. Remember WW1 was started with only 2 bullets

Your're right. This could escalate very quickly indeed. Turkey is a powerful nation militarily and with massive backing from the Islamic people.

In all honesty, how can Israel be allowed to get away with this? Imagine if this were Iran.... the Israelis would have bombed them to kingdom come by now.

as someone once said...."the times they are a changin"

g

link   

Originally posted by SoulofBlack
Excellent propaganda. The ship knew what would happen, to get people riled up against Israel.

Excellent indeed:

A great way of bringing the ignorant masses to light in regards to the illegal blockade of Gaza.

link   

Originally posted by St-Patrick

REALLY?!

Kill all of the Jews. . . Even though not all Jews are Zionists. .

wow.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I really hope Obama disconnected the International Phone in the White House. The US needs no part of this on either side. Let Israel deal with it's actions without it's pimp there to protect it please.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
wow....middle of the day there, middle of the night here
am I going to wake up tomorow and see nothing on my TV about this.

If I do see anything about Israel attacking an aid shipment to Gaza...will the headline be Israeli soldiers attacked?

I almost don't want to go to sleep as this unfolds, and possibly fades away?

Keep it up ATS...this is MY NEWS STATION (MNS-I like that)....all 8 of my news chanel feeds are talking oil leaks and stock futures...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
A few snippets:

Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor said that after a security check, permitted humanitarian aid confiscated from the boats will be transferred to Gaza through authorized channels. However, Israel would not transfer items it has banned from Gaza under its blockade rules. Palmor said that for example, cement would be allowed only if it is tied to a specific project.

I saw that, and it sounds nice, but how did (according to some sources) as many as ten unarmed people get killed in international waters?

My God!
That is outrageous and unacceptable.

They should have done the confiscation after they docked as it would have been easy to meet them right there and keep them from advancing. I mean what are they hiding??

What excuse are the Religious Fundamentalists in America that support the actions of the Israeli government on the grounds of "Holy right" going to give for this brutal act of cruelty and how will they spin it?

I guess I'll wait for Pat Robertson to say the aid-bringers were cursed and made a prior deal with the devil to be able to help the brutalized poor in Gaza. According to these clowns, God won't answer those sort of prayers but will punish you if you try and get someone else to.

I get the feeling this is the beginning of something bad.
I think it should be, too.

- Lee

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
between North Korea downing a South Korean ship the other day ( our ally ) then this with Israel (our ally) I could very well see this sparking WWIII, with China who is allied with North Korea, then the entire muslim world vs Israel it could get nasty real quick.

add on the ocean dying slowly at the moment it's enough to make one think.

But the live footage showed very little, you couldnt see which direction the ship was aimed if there were warning messages or anything, the cam footage sucked and although showing the tiny part that the cam was aimed at, it didn't show any larger picture of the context of what happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join