It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauempire
Like i said before...advocating and endorsing war.

god you liberals make me sick. america cant go to war....but you advocate for our allies to get beaten like a drum...

Isreal is no Ally of the US, unless of course the symbiotic political parasitism and talmudic aprtheid somehow excuses the fifty year Humanitarian Crisis perpetrated against Pallestinians. Israel went too far this time, yeah sure it probably was a set up, but firing on the flotilla was arrogant and stupid, and it's going to cost them.
Advocating and endorsing war? There's been a war here for nearly half a century, and it's high time it ended.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Yes I was.....I was refering to preivous posts saying this thread should be closed.
Do NOT close this thread, ATS is the ONLY place I am finding current info out about this.....

So if anyone finds any MSM reporting on this, please link it!!!
Israel attacking civilians....thats newsworthy isn't it?

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Ok, I'd just like to say that as a staunch defender of Israel's right to self defense (just take a look at my previous threads/posts) I am absolutely APPALLED by what I am hearing. This act is unconscionable, and criminal.

HOWEVER, I BEG the ATS community NOT to take this situation as an opportunity to vent anti-Semitic hatred, or propagate anti-Jewish sentiment.

Please remember: In the same way that the actions of the U.S. Government do NOT reflect the views and wishes of its citizens, so too does the government of Israel not reflect the views of the average Israeli citizen, or the average Jew in the diaspora.

Already I am seeing a LOT of anti-Semites crawling out of their holes and taking advantage of this horrible situation to spread slander and lies. I appeal to the mods to be vigilante and ensure that this hatred is kept in check, and if at all possible, removed.

-RedBird

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Let me clear it up some..

Off Topic
1. Staff Actions
2. Other Members
3. Closing of a thread

On Topic
1. The Topic

Clear?

Semper

link   

Aljazeera: Israel media says 1 injured Israeli soldier brought to Rambam hospital by helicopter. #flotilla

link   
Just thought I would add this E-Mail I received from the George Galloway mailing list -

EMERGENCY DEMONSTRATION

MONDAY 31 MAY 2.00PM

DOWNING STREET

It's now been confirmed that Israel has murdered 3 unarmed civilians during an attack on the international Gaza aid flotilla, with new reports saying that 10 people may have been killed.
Dozens of people have been injured.The Gaza Freedom Flotilla is 90 miles from the Gaza shores; sailing in international waters where Israel has no jurisdiction.

Once again Israel is breaking international law and committing piracy and murder. It has long threatened this peaceful Flotilla, and is now determined to stop it from reaching its destination.Approximately 700 civilians are on board the seven ships, of whom 28 are British citizens.

An emergency demonstration has been called for Monday 31 May, 2.00pm, at Downing Street, London SW1 (nearest tube: Westminster), demanding that the British government protest against Israel's violation of international law.

FOR UPDATES SEE: http://(link tracking not allowed)/bg5gIu

Visit George's official website www.georgegalloway.com...

You received this message because you are subscribed to the official George Galloway mailing list

His homepage has the news on there. He is urging people to contact TV stations and ask why there is no coverage of this.

g

[edit on 31-5-2010 by grantbeed]

link   
Yep Israel ain't a US ally for one cent.

Now if the good Israeli people took over, then it could be different.

After all Israel is : war crimes, organ trafficking, false-flags, assassinations, concentration camps (gaza and west bank), police state, racist...

All of this is done by the scum in power.

Don't bomb Israel, ARREST THE MILITARY LEADERS AND POLITICAL LEADERS. PUT SANCTIONS ON THOSE INDIVIDUALS.

*Snip*

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

edit on by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by tauempire

The live stream is running CNN Turkey right now. Man there's hundreds of people out front of the embassy but they're just milling around. They don't look nearly as pissed off as they did a few hours ago when they were tearing the place apart. I really hope the Turks step up and slap back at Israel, politics and talk will achieve nothing.

Live stream link
www.livestream.com...

[edit on 31-5-2010 by PatesHatriots]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Please maintain order so we can have this thread for news and information on this horrible situation.

I hope this does not escalate. Lately Ive been feeling like this planet is one big powder keg. Keep the info comming...

link   

link   
The Turkish government had already warned that if Israel attacks the freedom flotilla, then there will be consequences. Going by the reports that are coming in MSM, Israel has indeed attacked the flotilla. Now the reaction of Turkish government could be crucial. If the Turkish government decides to respond, then there could be two possible ways. One, Turkey could approach the U.N and call for a condemnation and protest against Israel. Turkey's new allies, Iran and Syria could also join and call for Israel's condemnation. The other move that Turkey could possibly take is the military one. Turkey could send some of its air or naval assets to protect the Gaza flotilla and to ensure that reaches its destination. In such a scenario, the chances of a military confrontation between IDF and Turkey is very high. Turkey is no pushover when it comes to military capability.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by order in chaos]

link   

1000's of Turks waving Palestinian & Turkish flags march towards Israeli embassy

twitter.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by john124]

+7 more 
posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
They did this in international waters. This is piracy and breach of international law.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

I concur, the thread is for the topic only, not the venting of hatred and vitriol. I do not like having my threads locked, not when they are this important.

On that note, I am hearing unconfirmed reports that turkey is sending air support. I repeat, unconfirmed.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatesHatriots
reply to post by tauempire

The live stream is running CNN Turkey right now. Man there's hundreds of people out front of the embassy but they're just milling around. They don't look nearly as pissed off as they did a few hours ago when they were tearing the place apart. I really hope the Turks step up and slap back at Israel, politics and talk will achieve nothing.

*Snip*

Mod Note: Warnings – Please Review This Link.

anyway i dont think anything will happen....just a few sanctions hwre or there. but you never know what will happen yah?

edit on by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Where are you getting that info from? The info about the air support?

link   
Here are some videos for those who missed the Live feed as the attack occurred.

Hey some with English!

link   
reply to post by order in chaos

Not to mention because of this, Hamas and/or Hezbollah might be pissed enough to launch rockets at Israel. This could set it off.

And if Israel goes in Gaza or Lebanon, Turkey PROMISED that they would side with them against Israel.

This could go wrong in several ways.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Sorry if I missed it , its late and I am tired , but what it the reported reason that Israel is offering up for justifying this act ?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join