It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I can't imagine what warped sense of right and wrong is making these people defend Israel's right to do something like this.

SHAME ON YOU!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder

Originally posted by aboxoftrix

I watched this awful attack moment by moment as it occurred LIVE. I know what happened saw the brutality, watched unarmed passengers being shot at as soon as boots hit the deck...and the word is spreading, at least outside the US.

So you are saying that you were close enough from land to see it... then clearly they were NOT in international waters....

link   

Originally posted by PatesHatriots
www.livestream.com...

Seems like they're running a loop over and over of the attacks now on the stream. Check it out of you don't believe us. You can clearly watch Israeli commandos firing on unarmed civilians and absolutely no resistance from the activists.

I've watched that loops 3 times now. Where are the Israeli Commandos firing on civilians of any sort, armed or unarmed? Can anyone tell me what the guy speaking arabic is talking about when he says "this is beautiful"? Maybe I just misheard that a couple of times...

link   

Originally posted by malchediel

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by AllIsOne

Two of the ships in the next flotilla has a US flag, so things could get interesting when they set off.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by john124]

If they're dumb enough to send out another batch of blockade runners after this, IDF needs to sink 'em, American flags or not. I'm an American, and I say sink 'em. It would be a shame if folks that foolish were allowed to produce offspring.

I agree 100%, besides anyone can buy an American flag anywhere. Hell, if I wanted to I could buy a Syrian flag to fly in my yard. There was no indication prior to sailing that America was involved in this whatsoever. It is simply a tactic to garner support for the terrorists.

I say present the families of the dead with a "darwin award" on behalf of the dead.

In respect to the T&C of the site, I shall try to ignore your callous disregard for your fellow human beings.

That said, I Cannot allow your disregard for the very foundation of the site's "Reason D'Etre": DENY IGNORANCE!

"Flagging" a ship does NOT simply mean that the flag of a certain country happens to be flying on the ship;

It means that the ship, itself, by virtue of its current registration, sails under the aegis, and thus the implied protection, of the country to which it is registered!

Attacking a ship at sea is the equivelent of attacking , if not the embassy of the country under which the ship sails, at least a citizen of that country.

And as to your claim that Israeli forces interdicting, and firing upon these vessels is somehow the same as the US interdicting refugees from Cuba and/or any other country, mid-ocean, you are, again, Wrong.

The US did not fire AT those vessels; when needed, the US ships fired near the refugee ships.

Do not attempt to excuse an act of wonton barbarism by conflating it with a warning shot across the bow!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
As far as I am aware, we have no Protection treaty with Israel. I need to google that though to confirm.

Then the world can watch as the US ignores legal treaties to avoid confronting its "special friend"...I think this could spell the end of NATO if the US doesn't back its treaty obligations.

link   
Regardless of the spin Israel put on this, they had no right to board a ship in international waters. Just our right arrogance shows itself time and time again. I seriously don't know how the U.S will keep saying they support Israel 100% after this. Time will tell.

link   

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Also, guys. Notice how there are alot of new members that just registered today suddenly posting support for Israel in this thread.

Just goes to show that there are people watching this site 24/7.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
As far as I am aware, we have no Protection treaty with Israel. I need to google that though to confirm.

Then the world can watch as the US ignores legal treaties to avoid confronting its "special friend"...I think this could spell the end of NATO if the US doesn't back its treaty obligations.

I'm just wondering if we have a FORMAL treaty with them...other than a 'strategic' alliance. You know, nudge nudge 'friends'.

I was thinking specifically of a Protection Treaty. I need to look into it. Of all the Israel topics I've ever spoken about, I never looked into that part.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CRDDD
Also, guys. Notice how there are alot of new members that just registered today suddenly posting support for Israel in this thread.

Just goes to show that there are people watching this site 24/7.

I can't believe I missed that! Thank you for pointing out the obvious, apparently sometimes we can all us a little help there.

link   

Originally posted by bvproductions
reply to post by malchediel

Funny, because I've seen videos of Israeli soldiers opening fire on innocent children and families in the streets.
No, not cruel at all... not cruel at all..

[edit on 31-5-2010 by bvproductions]

Then I am sure you saw the coward terrorists HIDING behind them.

link   

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Question is; are Hamas/Hizbullah and most importantly Turkey going to respond militarily?

link   

link   

Originally posted by enteri
I can't imagine what warped sense of right and wrong is making these people defend Israel's right to do something like this.

SHAME ON YOU!

SHAME ON YOU for saying Israel cannot defend herself. There is no warped right or wrong except by the left and the terrorist nations.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I have read this entire thread, and for the most part i find it interesting.

israel, the bulwark to soviet expansion has probably expended the last of its credibility here.

at a time when iran, syria, turkey are playing footsies, and hezbollah is acquiring scuds i wonder why israel has chosen this option.

golda mayer risked the invasion of israel to ensure world opinion was with israel, yet here we have this same nation attacking what appears to be an aid flotilla in neutral waters, without a single care for world opinion.

sayaret involvement in the training of peshmerga has been alluded to, but i wonder if many realise the impact this has in ankara.

yes the turkish military is strong, but tayyip has already faced down an attempted coup from them, and turkey, after its eu rejection is leaning more towards its religious brethren in the mid east

there is an element of set up, as has been stated, but it does not diminish the fact that israeli "spokesman" have been left squirming under the intense lights of even friendly media outlets

what israel has done is given its regional foes motivation to wage an unceasing clandestine struggle, that will ultimately result in the loss of the israeli state, its inevitable demise will be at the hands of democracy.

no force on earth could destroy israel in its current form, however demographics will achieve what 300 million arabs cannot.

sun tzu time: Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by malchediel

Actually, no. All I saw was dead children and parents mourning for the loss.
In fact, a few citizens tried to stand in front of the Israel soldiers firing on the people..but it didn't stop them.

Only coward terrorists I saw were the ones firing the guns.

link   
For those of us still playing the drinking game and some how conscious go crack a new bottle now heres Israeli news. Also Netanyahu mulls cancelling U.S. trip in wake of Gaza flotilla deaths. Almost certain now that this will get alot bigger.

Haaretz

link   

Originally posted by malchediel

Originally posted by enteri

SHAME ON YOU!

SHAME ON YOU for saying Israel cannot defend herself. There is no warped right or wrong except by the left and the terrorist nations.

Defend herself by shooting civilians in international waters. Is this screenname a bot that is programmed to continue to peddle this stuff? I wonder what country the IP is from.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by PatesHatriots]

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join