It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 149
<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Their poor crazy propaganda and this amateur 'damage control' farce are really destroying them now though!- with no mercy! - This fake photoshop photo from the IDF published in 'haaretz' has now been outed and has already been taken down from the harratz site!

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Chevalerous]

Actually, it seems back up (if it was taken down in the first place)...

What would be interesting is to find the original picture...which must have been taken somewhere else (during daytime).

From what I have seen discussions in Swedish forums, the guy with the "knife" probably held some thin rod or similar in the original pic.

Now we just have to find where this could have been taken place:

A bunch of guys with cameras in daytime, while a bearded guy holds a rod or similar...

I upscaled the picture to see whether I could see the logos on the shirts on the guys just behind the guy with the knife:

One is definitely a "NY" logo, but the guy in the white shirt just behind bearded man has a red logo which I cannot really place...just an ordinary logo or a logo for a newpapers? company?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Link

I posted this in the wrong thread before...but, if this is true, it's very bad.
Tossing people into the ocean? Holy cow.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Funny fake video.
No wonder so many people think this happened during the day, when the fakery is done in full daylight.

Easy to do once you have their ship in your port. Get a squad of IDF "actors" ... they probably have them on hand permanently for stunts like this ... wave the camera around like a demented camel, smudge over the time/date stamps, and voila!

The photo of the "terrorist sympathiser brandishing knife" was obviously taken in bright daylight too. Who do these fools think they're fooling?

Sadly, a group of posters here prove these things work, because people who want to believe in a country shut their eyes to the evidence, and people paid to believe don't care.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I picked just one of the activists that was aboard and decided to look into things a little further, and chose the American Paul Larudee. He was beaten while detained for refusing to sign some document, and is now apparently released and able to speak out about the incident.
This is also one of the passengers Israel's spin cycle is claiming has ties to terrorism.

www.freegaza.org...
Paul, a cofounder of the Free Gaza Movement, is a San Francisco Bay Area activist on the issue of justice in the region known as Palestine, which includes Israel, the West Bank, the Gaza Strip and Jerusalem. He was born to an Iranian Presbyterian minister and his American missionary spouse in 1946 and grew up in the American Midwest.

www.todayszaman.com...
The US activist, Paul Larudee, 64, of California, said he was beaten. “I have no broken bones, which is better than most,” he said. “But there is not a spot of my body that is not sore.”
Larudee, who bore signs of bruising, said he was beaten after refusing to sign papers demanded by Israeli officials.

www.freepalestinemovement.org...
Dr. Paul Larudee spent 14 years in Arab countries as a contracted U.S. government advisor, Fulbright-Hays exchange lecturer, teacher, and student. He has visited Palestinian territory many times since 1965, and is active with the International Solidarity Movement, a nonviolent resistance group. He is a co-founder of the Free Palestine Movement and the Free Gaza Movement, whose boats broke a 41-year-old Israeli naval blockade of Gaza in August, 2008.

blog.undermyolivetree.com...
I don’t usualy post emails I receive but the Family of the American Activist “Paul Larudee” would like the world to know his story. There are hundreds of thousands of similar stories of Paul inside the Occupied Palestinian Territories since 62 years.

Those on the AUPHR list may have met Paul Larudee during his various speaking engagements in support of the Free Gaza Movement in Portland. Paul is a co-founder of the FGM and now is actively involved both with the FGM and the Free Palestine Movement. Before that, Paul was very active in the International Solidarity Movement, and Laurie Knightly and I were with him when Bethlehem was attacked and occupied by the Israelis in April 2002; during that incident Paul was injured by shrapnel in his foot when an Israeli soldier in an APC opened fire on our peaceful demonstration during a march to Beit Jala.

Paul was with the flotilla. There follow my notes of my telephone conversation with his wife Betty in the Bay Area.

I just got off the phone with Paul Larudee’s wife Betty. Paul is 64 years old and was on the vessel Sfendoni (sp?). His wife Betty said that yesterday the American consul fromTel Aviv called her and told her that Paul peacefully resisted arrest and was beaten as a result; now he is in Divon Hospital in Ramleh. Paul has signed the required waiver of privacy act in order to get news of his situation out. He is bruised, has black eyes, abrasions on his skin, and is in quite a bit of pain. He requested pain medication, but because he is diabetic the medication must be compatible with that condition. Paul was suspicious of being treated by Israeli medical personnel and thus asked to be treated by the physician with the flotilla. Paul has refused to consent to being deported and thus he will be sent through the court system for deportation. He is being represented by Israeli attorney Gabi Laski, who has represented him before.
Betty indicates that a press release will be forthcoming soon and that her phone is “ringing off the hook.”

I expect to be in further contact with Mrs. Larudee as the situation evolves. The Larudee family would like to get this word out as broadly as possible.

www.counterpunch.org...
Paul Larudee is the former supervisor of a Ford Foundation project in Lebanon, a Fulbright-Hays lecturer to Lebanon and a contract U.S. government advisor to Saudi Arabia. He is one of seven volunteers of the International Solidarity Movement wounded by Israeli gunfire on April 1,2002.

www.sharpeandflatte.com...
Paul Larudee graduated from the Niles Bryant School of Piano Technology in 1990 and has worked continuously since then as a piano technician in the U.S. and abroad. He is certified as a Registered Piano Technician by the Piano Technicians Guild, which means that he has passed the complete series of Guild examinations. Paul has conducted training classes for the Guild and in overseas programs. He is the inventor of a the Lo-Torq® patented tuning pin, which is used for piano rebuilding. Paul has also produced an English-Spanish glossary of piano technology.

Take a look at the flimsy crap they are attacking this guy with...
www.israellycool.com...
jerusalemdiaries.blogspot.com...
They are even trying to connect him to the London Bombings...

This isn't the first flotilla that Israel has attacked either, thought you guys might find a little history to be of interest here...

muslimmedianetwork.com...
Readers of The Muslim Observer are familiar with the Free Gaza Movement which in August of 2008 sailed two ships from Cyprus to Gaza breaking a decades long blockade by Israel. Four more missions followed successfully. The sixth voyage resulted in an attack by Israeli Naval forces that severely damaged the ship putting the lives of all aboard in jeopardy. The captain was able to bring the ship safely to a port in Lebanon; during the seventh attempt Israeli threats to the safety of the passengers along with terrible weather forced the ship to return to port.The eighth vessel was hijacked by the Israeli Navy, resulting in the confiscation of the vessel and the imprisonment of its passengers and crew in Israel. Despite repeated requests from Free Gaza attorneys, the ship has not yet been returned.
This courageous undertaking was the inspiration for other subsequent movements to aid the beleaguered people of Gaza.

Those who believed that the mission was over, that the dream had ended, did not reckon correctly with the dedication and courage of the people of the Free Gaza Movement. This spring a flotilla of six to ten boats will again sail to Gaza. Of these, five have been funded by IHH from Turkey, and a third, a cargo ship, has been funded by donations from the people of Malaysia. This time the Israeli Navy will be faced with a small navy, a navy of freedom fighters.

The ships will carry reconstruction material essential to the rebuilding of Gaza yet forbidden to them by the Israelis.

Fundraising is essential as is maximum publicity. Returning members of Viva Palestina and the Gaza Freedom March make excellent speakers for fundraising events. Since the Israeli occupiers do not permit the importation of paper or paper products, the Free Gaza Movement has launched a campaign which it has titled: The Right to Read. Books that are desperately needed are listed on the group’s web site: . If reconstruction material is to be donated, please contact org.

Three leaders and founders of the Free Gaza Movement were recently honored by the San Jose Peace and Justice Center. Greta Berlin, Paul Larudee and Kathy Sheets were each given a Gertrude Welch Peace and Justice Award.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Here's the "thing" though, why was it wrong for the passenger to have stabbed the attacker, if it actually happened?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Are you special? Does the "home" know your on the PC? The picture of the activist, is from one of the on board cameras that the IDF confiscated! This picture was taken by another activist. wow... I am disgusted by the lack of knowledge before release of completely ignorant comments. As to the video being done in daylight... The fact that you do not know, that is N_I_G_H_T V_I_S_I_O_N say it after me... Night vision.. wow.. All of these things considered.. I think ATS needs to have a psycological worksheet that EVERY member needs to fill out before posting is allowed.
I am not Pro Israel.. I hope the entire middle east attack Israel NOW.. But my reasoning is this.. I think that all of these little under developed countries will find out fast... Israel can take Syria/Turkey/Lebanon and Iran at the same time.. Without outside help.. I guess I am a bit twisted.. I also want North Korea to start lobbing shells.. If we are going to have a WWIII ..lets do it right!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Just on the off chance any one is still reading this thread,
I found a video that is telling some of what happened from the Israel side.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Explain to me please the rules of the POLICE STATE you want to live in, where SOLDIERS are used to control and regulate people, who want to be charitible and humane by helping others.

You are making an argument based on pure emotion, not facts, engaging in logical fallacy after logical fallacy, red-herring after red-herring. Having cast the situation in the most black-and-white of terms, you are making assumptions about what I've written without applying any actual thought to it. You are not engaging me as a human being, but attacking a caricature that exists only in your mind. It is a rehearsal of prejudices, not an attempt at an actual conversation.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I understand most people have not used NVG (Night Vision Goggles), so I will try to , um, enlighten.

Some night vision gear alows the user two modes when viewing an image, 'white hot' and 'black hot'. The image you see is like a negative, exactly as you see here.

The sky color in this video should not be interpreted as being a light sky, and to be honest, this may even be an IR imaging system.

In closing, the sky color in the video has no bearing on the actual sky color.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
Here's the "thing" though, why was it wrong for the passenger to have stabbed the attacker, if it actually happened?

Yes I do. No more than I think if cops came to my door wanting to search my house, and I have doubts about the legality of it, that it would give me the right to injure or kill them.

And no more than I think that Israeli should have boarded the vessels, no more than I agree with the treatment of the Palestinians.

But I also know that the world is far more complicated than my tastes and morals.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yeah right, it's aaaaal fake, and the Israëli's and the Jews are the culprit of the # that goes around in the world right?
What culture wants to annihilate the Jews? Islam
Who is surrounded by raging muslims? the Jews.
We here (Belgium) for one have never ever had any problems with Jewish community whatsoever. It's not because muslims are so peaceful that 85% of our prisons are filled with them and practically no Jews are locked up. And don't get me wrong, there is a very strict 'political correctness' regarding muslims here in Europe and our country, thus everything is done to let them integrate in most positive way possible. We are fairly disgusted with the 'positive discrimination' that is beginning to threaten our culture. And they know they can use our moral standards (like human rights, freedom of religion, and so on) to push dogmas further into our culture. But solely in a violent way. Aggression, attacking synagoges, attacking gays (it's beginning to go out of hand this), no respect for women, the complete absence of humor, etc...

Israël is in a state of war. Ok, it's very very easy for those who are outside of that conflict to wave with moral standards and human rights a so on, but the fact stays that they have once almost been wiped of the earth and I'm completely behind the fact that they will not let it go that far again.
They were often accused of being so passive that they let themselves get slaughtered, but now it's the opposite.
Ok, maybe they're out of line here and there, but I see what the arabs (muslims) want to do with the Jews, and I also know that if they ease down on Gaza and everything else that they would be attacked in no time.

And the turks and Iranians knew exactly what was going to happen with the 'peace fleet'. It has all been staged by them and hamas just to get the conflict that is happening now.

Breaking the rules of international waters? hahahahah you guys are so funny...
It's a war there, remember?
Do you think that for instance in WW2 everybody waited until they got into territorial waters before doing something.
Man you guys are so naive and gullible.

First of all, Israel warned them not to breech anything. And by the way, the law in international water clearly states that when a convoy is going to enter a controlled area they are fully allowed to enter it.

And why was it only that ship that had casualties? Because Israel picked it out? hahaha yeah right...
They were attacked, period. And an army that does nothing when soldiers are attacked or even killed are good to be training dummies.

I wonder what the US or other countries would do; THE SAME F... THING. You can bet your ass on that.
And now they're sending another ship? The nerve....
I hope they shoot a nice torpedo at it this time and do like the turks do. Deny everything.
Remember the Armenian genocide? They still deny everything!!!
And the killing and discrimination of the Kurds, hmmm? A fable maybe?
I'm sorry, but they're a bunch of hypocrites.
Hamas is an expert in using innocent civilians (and they prefer children) as shields and now they did the exact same thing. Use a 'humanitarian fleet' to provoke conflict.

And by the way... talking about hypocrites:
Those so-called 'idealists' on those boats, is their help exclusively for the Palestinians perhaps?
I don't see them going to Tibet, or Iraq, or many other parts of the world that is completely left out in the dark...

aaaa yes, in 99% of those cases not one, but all the ships would have been entered or blown to the bottom of the ocean.
They know that Israel would never do that... but most of the Europeans and Americans were not aware that the turks, Pakistanis and Indonesians on that ship were leaving with the idea of 'martyrdom'.
'Idealism' for us means peaceful and being a pacifist. For those aggressive muslims on the other hand it's all about using that term to wipe out the Jews.
Remember Hitler? Same thing!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
And now we have "carpet bombing" tactics on this thread

I wonder what will the "nuke attack" on ATS look like?

ATS down?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If every murderer could get away with just saying "I have right to exist" - wow! That would be so cozy, wouldn't it

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Oh sorry dude I keep forgetting you're pushing the wacky theory that the IDF have jurisdiction wherever they want.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by PplVSNWO
What would you call it? Shooting somebody 4 times in the head and once in the chest after illegally boarding their vessel is self defense?

Instead of resorting to an emotional argument, can you tell us how it indicates he was executed?

For all the accusations of word-games, it seems the rabid anti-Israel faction here is keen on playing them.

Here's some more emotionless facts for you:
link

In one case, Ince said, a gunshot victim had been shot at at extremely close range.
"From the analysis of the bullet distance on one of the bodies," Dr. Ince said, "the gun was fired between 2 and 14 centimeters' distance from the victim's head."

Point blank shot to the head on a defenseless person is the definition of an execution-style murder.

And before you go off making excuses that he was probably armed with something so he wasn't defenseless, unless he had a firearm and armour/helmet on, he sure as heck was defenseless against a trained killer with a gun. Makeshift weapons are no suitable defense against a gun.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
Oh sorry dude I keep forgetting you're pushing the wacky theory that the IDF have jurisdiction wherever they want.

Refer back to my last response to Protoplasmic Traveler.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

And if that is true, then yes it could indicate an execution style killing or a shot fired at point-blank during extremely close combat. But more the former than the latter.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Explain to me please the rules of the POLICE STATE you want to live in, where SOLDIERS are used to control and regulate people, who want to be charitible and humane by helping others.

You are making an argument based on pure emotion, not facts, engaging in logical fallacy after logical fallacy, red-herring after red-herring. Having cast the situation in the most black-and-white of terms, you are making assumptions about what I've written without applying any actual thought to it. You are not engaging me as a human being, but attacking a caricature that exists only in your mind. It is a rehearsal of prejudices, not an attempt at an actual conversation.

That’s a very sad and pitiful attempt at deflection friend, where in fact you are doing all the things you claim I am doing, and not, but in fact are yourself doing.

You have avoided real questions, to give non-answers that simply are comprised of non-founded accusations and slanders as an excuse to not answering simple, yet probing questions.

If you imagine simple questions as Red Herrings, when those simple questions are meant to establish why you feel the people of the world need policed by uniformed soldiers, and prevented by uniformed soldiers from being charitable to the needy and suffering, then you either are failing to consider the questions for what they are, or trying to create a Red Herring of your very own kind, in using such a shameful attempt at deflection away from the questions.

It’s not a matter of emotion these probing questions I have put to you, it’s a matter of acceptable policies and procedures.

So once again I ask you what kind of POLICE STATE you want to LIVE IN, where SOLDIERS regulate us all, including preventing us from being charitable towards one another.

Please explain to us where you imagine this AUTHORITY emanates from, and do consider it does not emanate from democracy because the people of Israel were given no vote on this ILLEGAL operation, conducted UNLAWFULLY in INTERNATIONAL WATERS, to enforce an ILLEGAL BLOCKADE on men, women and children, that resulted in the MURDER of aide workers at POINT BLANK RANGE EXECUTION STYLE.

Once again please explain to us, why the people of this world would want to be governed and regulated by SOLDIERS.

You might want to check personally with Propaganda Minister Goebbels before speaking so poorly on your own again.

[edit on 4/6/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

You cant just sneak "defencless" in there and get away with it(They were not defencless) .. CHRIST.. this thread is frustrating.. All the anti jews... have no argument.. so you dig for facts that dont exist or are made up.. All the jews and pro israel people on here spout off crap about being at war..
I believe this
Blockade - Legal
Boarding ship in internation waters - legal
If you agree that the blockade is legal... then with 100% fact base proof, boarding that ship was legal.
I dont know if I agree with the blockade... but a good time to argue the legitimacy of it, WOULD HAVE BEEN BEFORE TRYING TO BREAK THROUGH IT. Its that simple. That boat was trying to cause this chaos.. The organizers are seeking attention for a cause and didn't care if they were killed.. That is a fact!!!
Take down the blockade.. let them build up... Let them arm themselves..
Then when they attack Israel..(They will with 100% certainty) Wipe the earth of these muslims that refuse to live with other religions in peace.
The only way the planet will accept this Israel ... is if you take down the blockade and wait for the inevitable attack. Then you can say "I told you so". Until then the planet will condem you. I hope in the next few days.. all of these muslim mouth pieces all get together and attack Israel.. Iran/Syria/Lebanon and Turkey all at once.. Then, like the oportunists they are..Hamas might grow a set and attack also.. Being attacked on 5 fronts?? Nobody will blame you when you completely eliviate this planet of the fanatic muslims.. Psst..Israel.. I dont like you much.. I am hoping you piss of america before this happens... Then we can light your holier than thou butt up. Everyone in that region is psychotic. Pull out our troops from Afg. and Iraq.. Let them fight it out..
Its all hogwash.. Nobody will ever agree..I have lost hope for the region.
I feel bad for the palestinians... But I also know of the thousands of rockets and kidnapings. Your all acting like a bunch of kids. Get along or get it on. We have an oil spill that could take out the planet.... and our news is covered with this crap.
I hope that Israel is attacked soon. Not that I think they will lose..
I think Israel can take everyone in that region all at once. with no help from US.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I think this is a terrible situation and hope the conflict will someday be resolved...i dont ever see hope for that but...heres to hoping i guess

top topics

<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join