It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Perhaps....But I'm much more likely to believe 50 some eye-witness accounts over little 30 second video clips from the IDF...I sure as hell know that....

I still think it's funny that Israel can defend itself like it does in this instance yet it won't even release THE ENTIRE FILM....Clearly the boats and the helicopters were recording...so why not show the ACTUAL beginning of the raid? Perhaps there is something to hide?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Israel thinks for Israel only.
It doesn't care for any other nation, or people of other nationalities.
I think its a collective mentality that developed after the world war 2.
its a shame that Israel become the same thing the Jews hated the Most - the Nazis.

Israel will and shall never know peace and they have taken it to ensure that its neighbors too never know peace.

Though i am a christian struggling with my belief, some parts agnostic, the following chapter/verses from the bible is Very prophetic

027: And there followed him a great company of people, and of women, which also bewailed and lamented him. 028: But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. 029: For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck.
Luke Chapter 23, verses 27 -29.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElijahWan
I still think it's funny that Israel can defend itself like it does in this instance yet it won't even release THE ENTIRE FILM....Clearly the boats and the helicopters were recording...so why not show the ACTUAL beginning of the raid? Perhaps there is something to hide?

The same could be said of Free Gaza. They claim to have been streaming video, certainly it would support all their claims, yet they have not released it.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Global Condemnation of Israeli Armed Attack on Gaza-Bound Freedom Flotilla: At Least 10 Dead, Hundreds Remain in Detention

It was early Monday morning as Israeli soldiers stormed the Gaza-bound international aid convoy called the Freedom Flotilla in international waters about forty miles off the coast of Gaza. The six ships had nearly 700 international activists on board and 10,000 tons of humanitarian aid. They were aiming to break the three-year-long siege of the Gaza Strip. Israeli commandos landed on the lead ship in the convoy, the Turkish Mavi Marmara, which had about 600 activists on board. At least ten and as many as nineteen civilians on board the ship have been reported to have died in the attack. Israeli troops proceeded to seize the Mavi Marmara and the five other ships and take them to the port of Ashdod. Hundreds of activists are being detained in an Israeli prison, and nearly fifty others have been deported. The United Nations Security Council has condemned the attack and called for the immediate release of the ships and the civilians held by Israel and called for an impartial investigation. All the permanent members of the Security Council except for the United States explicitly called for Israel’s three-year blockade of the Gaza Strip to be lifted. Turkey has compared Israel’s actions to state terrorism. We speak to Adam Shapiro, Amira Hass, Ali Abunimah and Richard Falk.

Guests:
Adam Shapiro, co-founder of the International Solidarity Movement and a board member of the Free Gaza Movement.

Ali Abunimah, co-founder of The Electronic Intifada and author of One Country: A Bold Proposal to End the Israeli-Palestinian Impasse.

Richard Falk, United Nations special rapporteur on human rights in the Palestinian territories.

Amira Hass, columnist with Israel’s Ha’aretz newspaper and the only Israeli journalist to have spent several years living in and reporting from Gaza and the West Bank.

PART 1:

PART 2:

PART 3:

FULL VIDEO IN WHOLE:
www.democracynow.org...

AMY GOODMAN: We’ve been here in Louisiana going through southern Louisiana and the Mississippi Delta since last Friday, and our intention today was to bring you a special for the hour, but because of events in the Middle East, we are switching gears. And we’ll bring you many of the voices, we’ll introduce you to many of the people we met, in the coming days. Right now we turn, though, to the Middle East. Anjali?

ANJALI KAMAT: That’s right, Amy. We turn now to the Middle East. It was early Monday morning as Israeli soldiers stormed the Gaza-bound international aid convoy called the Freedom Flotilla in international waters about forty miles off the coast of Gaza. The six ships had nearly 700 international activists on board and 10,000 tons of humanitarian aid. They were aiming to break the three-year-long siege of the Gaza Strip.
Israeli commandos landed on the lead ship in the convoy, the Turkish Mavi Marmara, which had about 600 activists on board. These are excerpts from the raw video captured by an Al Jazeera producer on the ship minutes before the ship lost satellite contact with the world. It features two of the journalists on board.

A transcipt of the show, Tuesday, June 1, 2010, and more information can be found here: www.democracynow.org...

News, Videos, Live News Feeds, Live Tweets and MORE: www.betterworldlinks.org...

Google News Search for This Topic:
news.google.com...

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Mystical Sadhu]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Thank you for your post.

Just want you to know that I am grateful to your friend for his efforts. Please pass on my best wishes to him.

I wish I had the nerve to go on one of these missions. I did contemplate going on the land convoy, but chickened out.

Although born in Scotland I have an Irish background. I am proud that both Scottish and Irish people are doing the right thing in this mess.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

It got cut after a short while...The last thing you hear is a hebrew voice shouting "Everyone shut up".....So ya....NO the same doesn't apply to the Free Gaza since they didn't have streaming video going still...AS for the video's they recorded of the attack...WHO do you think has that? The IDF duh......

The same DOES NOT apply to them dude....how could you even think that? They had all their shiz confiscated....for the sole purpose of Israel being able to spin it however they like with only eye-witness reports to prove them wrong INSTEAD of clear-cut video that I'm certain SOMEONE caught on their cellphone ect....

Please don't compare a Nation-wide Media Blackout to having yer recording devices taken, and not returned.....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This is primarily all politics. I'm going to blame everyone! I'm pro israel but it's hard to be that when you are pro human also

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
www.israelnationalnews.com...

(INN)- The Hamas government in Gaza is apparently not interested in receiving the goods that were carried by the ‘humanitarian’ Turkey-sponsored flotilla Israel intercepted.

The IDF Spokesman said Wednesday that “As of right now, the State of Israel has loaded 20 trucks with va More..rious types of aid found onboard the flotilla. Expired medication, clothing, blankets, some medical equipment and toys were among the aid found on the ships.”

“Unfortunately, the Hamas terror organization is unwilling to accept the cargo and the trucks filled with humanitarian aid have not been allowed to enter the Gaza Strip. It appears that Hamas is in fact stopping the transfer of the humanitarian aid.

If Hamas refuses to take the supplies, Israel’s spokesmen will be able to point to this as further proof that the naval convoy was meant for propaganda and provocation purposes only, and was not truly carrying vital aid at all. Minister of Information Yuli Edelstein pointed out on a Fox News interview Wednesday that the total tonnage carried by the flotilla (about ten tons) is much less than the amount of aid Israel transfers into Gaza every week (about eighteen tons).

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

That's odd...no mention of the cement they were carrying with them? Israel must have removed it as usual then...To think...the poor gazan people can't even rebuild their homes that were destroyed in Operation Cast Lead...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well a lot more people today will be aware of what the term zionist means and will put 2 + 2 togeather when the worlds economy is crashed by pre planned actions in an atempt to steel peoples savings faster then the normal inflation would do.

The Irish have a lot of friends around the world so lets see if iserail thinks it can push them around when the ship arrives.

Does anyone know if the ships they seized will be returned or should we start seizing assets of Iserail around the world in a tit for tat manner and whats being do to compensate the family of the people that have been killed by this ilegal action.

CanadianDream420

Do you realy think people are going to beleive anything said by the ministry of propaganda in Iserail ?

They are even worse than the BBC who spend 50% of the time showing sports no one is interested in and talking about the weather.

REaly you should know better.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Interesting, Hamas doing exactly the same thing as Israel. What a transparent move! Everyone knows Hamas is Israeli creation and greatest partner in its divide and conquer policy.

Maybe, it will be Hamases turn to stop the Irish boat coming in to break the blocade.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That's odd...no mention of the cement they were carrying with them? Israel must have removed it as usual then...To think...the poor gazan people can't even rebuild their homes that were destroyed in Operation Cast Lead...

To rebuild their homes destroyed recently by Hamas bulldozers...

www.israelsituation.com...

[edit on 2-6-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Actually that happened too I heard, though I think A LOT more buildings got devastated by Operation Cast Lead than by the recent Hamas bulldozings.

[edit on 6/2/10 by ElijahWan]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

reply to post by DangerDeath

Actually that happened too I heard, though I think A LOT more buildings got devastated by Operation Cast Lead than by the recent Hamas bulldozings.

[edit on 6/2/10 by ElijahWan]

Sure. Same motives. Same results. We just know who is the big boss and who is the little boss.

They have the same policy. That is a fact.

Hamas is a permanent false flag operation conducted by Israel.

Breaching the blockade would also breach Hamas authority. I still think Vatican is still on the move. They are very interested into increasing their influence in Palestine. They have a permanent mission there.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

It got cut after a short while...The last thing you hear is a hebrew voice shouting "Everyone shut up".....So ya....no the same doesn't apply to the Free Gaza since they didn't have streaming video going still...AS for the video's they recorded of the attack...WHO do you think has that? The IDF duh...

Regardless of what the IDF may have confiscated, Free Gaza claims to have been streaming video of Israelis shooting civilians, according to their website...

Streaming video shows the Israeli soldiers shooting at civilians, and our last SPOT beacon said, “HELP, we are being contacted by the Israelis.”
Source

Yet somehow there is no copy of this anywhere? The only copy was aboard the Mavi Marmara? None of the people claiming to have watched the streaming video of this happening had the where-with-all to try to record it.

Further, Press.TV and al-Jazeera were able to do reports from the deck of the ship after the Israelis boarded. How is it they were able to produce these reports, along with snippets of video from the passengers, yet nothing that would support their claims manages to make it out?

The excuse that the IDF confiscated the evidence is very weak in light of the above evidence.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I'm not sure about them claiming to have that streaming video, that's the first I've seen that....

But I know for a fact AlJaazera and them had their feeds cut not too-too long into the assault. As for them taking video evidence...HOW IN GODS NAME IS THAT A WEAK ARGUMENT?

If yer willing to defend the IDF surely you'll defend them confiscating all these "phones, memory cards, cameras ect?" Why would they do this? Lets think logically here man.....

TO SPIN DOCTOR IT UP without video proof to suggest otherwise...The ONLY videos that have come out that AREN'T IDF of the incident are those that were streaming AT THE TIME OF THE ATTACK....the IDF doesn't want you to see anything BUT what it wants you to believe....Their "video clips" are clear distortions of the truth and really a horrible attempt at Propaganda IMO....sadly the MSM here in the US is eating that propaganda up....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Or of course they just might not trust what the Israelis might have done to tamper with the supplies.

Special Forces in Vietnam disperssed exploding radios, poisoned rice and water supplies, and other acts of sabatoge to kill or injur North Vietnamese and Viet Cong Forces.

If I were a Palestinian I would have to think twice about medicine, food or water being given to me by the IDF.

Considering the subtefuge the MOSSAD and IDF has carried out in the past to assissinate and kill enemies of Israel it would be a valid consideration to use caution in such a case.

The fact that the article states Hamas is a terrorist enemy of Israel in the article would certainly put it on the list of enemies of the Israeli State for such tactics to be deployed against.

Hamas refusing the aide after Israel has had days to tamper with it, is not a sign of the aide flotilla being a ploy, but likely a sign of caution and self preservation when dealing with what could be a Trojan Horse by an adversarial entitity that has proven time and time again it would use such tactics.

So not only does the article not include any insights into the mindsets and tactics really being used, but paints another biased picture purely for the sake of propaganda.

In reality had the Israelis not pirated the ships and the aide and then potentially tampered with it, Hamas would have likely willingly accepted it from the actual flotilla.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I'm not sure about them claiming to have that streaming video, that's the first I've seen that...

You're not sure? I just linked you to the Free Gaza website, where they say they had streaming video of the incident? And you're still not sure?

And you haven't you read this thread? We've had member after member claim to have seen this streaming video. And you're still not sure?

Or are you trying to rationalize it away?

But I know for a fact AlJaazera and them had their feeds cut not too-too long into the assault.

But they managed to get out the reports about the incident, they were able to get video to the shore of injured civilians, of Israelis commandos being beaten and stabbed, yet they couldn't get out what they need to support their case.

If yer willing to defend the IDF surely you'll defend them confiscating all these "phones, memory cards, cameras ect?" Why would they do this? Lets think logically here man...

I'm not defending the IDF. I'm questioning the claims of Free Gaza and pointing out holes.

TO SPIN DOCTOR IT UP without video proof to suggest otherwise...The ONLY videos that have come out that AREN'T IDF of the incident are those that were streaming AT THE TIME OF THE ATTACK...

So, where is this video?

the IDF doesn't want you to see anything BUT what it wants you to believe...

The same can be said of Free Gaza. They claim to have streamed the video, members on ATS claim to have seen it, as have people around the world. Yet none of them have been able to produce this video. What are they trying to hide?

Their "video clips" are clear distortions of the truth and really a horrible attempt at Propaganda IMO...

How do you know? You have eyewitness claims with no other support evidence, eyewitness claims that have been shown to be inaccurate. Yet you brazenly declare what video evidence there is to be a distortion of the truth. How in the hell do you know?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon

Originally posted by Thepreye

Originally posted by Skellon
I need a break from this thread, I have fought the good fight long enough.

I shall leave with the a chuckle at the fact that somewhere along this session of posting I have gained a foe called 'JewsAreInControl'.

Pretty much sums up the responses I have had all night.

I bid good day to you all, see you later.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Skellon]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Thepreye]

I dont think you get the strangeness of someone with that name making him a foe.......who has also made me a foe?

I observed the same obvious state of affairs re the individual poster in question that you did, his intervention could not have been more convenient, I make no hints of collusion.

My objection was the inference that many or most posters taking an opposite view to skellon were motivated by hatred of a racial/religious group.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
"protoplasmic "
Who will you attempt to slander and vilify next, Mother Teresa?

Do you know mother theresa charity demanded children convert to catholicism before they would give them aid ...our religion or starve.....harsh BUT TRUE

OMG LOL, first you compare the no doubt noble skellon with Mother Teresa who you suggest Proto will vilify then you go and do that very thing yourself.

Dude?????? Low or what.

new topics

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join